The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jakob Stukel | LW

thejazz97

13 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I don't want to go on a stretch, but his speed and skillset and his ability to finish are shades of Pavel Bure. Is he eligible for Utica next year? 

And sign that commentator up. I remember hearing his play by play when I saw Virtanen highlights and the commentator is something special.

32 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I don't want to go on a stretch, but his speed and skillset and his ability to finish are shades of Pavel Bure. Is he eligible for Utica next year? 

And sign that commentator up. I remember hearing his play by play when I saw Virtanen highlights and the commentator is something special.

I agree with the poster who compared him to Mason Raymond (with the puck) thankfully he seems a bit more physical than Mayray without it.

This guy reminds me of Athanasiou from the wings. I remember watching him in his draft year and d plus one making some crazy dangles with speed. He was a solid pick for the wings, hope Stukel is the same for us one day!

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

Funny, and not just the number.  Similar style -- the speed, taking it to the net, and able to finish in close. 

46 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Funny, and not just the number.  Similar style -- the speed, taking it to the net, and able to finish in close. 

I didn't even realize the number he was wearing was also Pavel Bure's number until you mentioned it ;P

Quite skilled too. Like the way he finishes on those sweet moves in the crease are that of Bure's. And Bure was also our 6th rounder too. Might be our poor-mans Bure. Still a stretch. 

I also see the Mason Raymond comparisons. Raymond was far too inconsistent however, and he was soft as butter. Stukel apparently is a fiesty guy that plays with an edge. Similar to Shinkaruk in a way. 

If he can play in Utica next year, pluck him in there and get him to play in a position where he can succeed. Him and Lockwood are two players I'll be keeping a close eye out for out of this draft.

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

That's a big stretch. He has the speed, and pretty good skill, but nothing like the skill Bure had at top flight and the ability to create something from nothing. Bure was electric, and no way Stukel makes it to the 7th round in his second draft if he's anything close to that.

He'll likely go back for one more junior season (having played only 6 games in his first season, plus 12 in another that was derailed by injury) and develop a little more before going pro.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I didn't even realize the number he was wearing was also Pavel Bure's number until you mentioned it ;P

Quite skilled too. Like the way he finishes on those sweet moves in the crease are that of Bure's. And Bure was also our 6th rounder too. Might be our poor-mans Bure. Still a stretch. 

I also see the Mason Raymond comparisons. Raymond was far too inconsistent however, and he was soft as butter. Stukel apparently is a fiesty guy that plays with an edge. Similar to Shinkaruk in a way. 

If he can play in Utica next year, pluck him in there and get him to play in a position where he can succeed. Him and Lockwood are two players I'll be keeping a close eye out for out of this draft.

I like those two too.  They look like perfect bottom six guys in this new hyper fast NHL.  

From the highlight video I notice he likes to drive to the net, which is good. However, I don't think he will have the same success in the NHL as he does in Junior playing against men and seasoned defenders.

I am still excited to see what he can develop into.

On 6/28/2016 at 8:36 PM, bernzie71 said:

go stuke go 

You said it bernzie71. Go Stuke! If this kid ever becomes good enough to crack the Canucks lineup I hope his teammates call him Stuke. We haven't had a 'Stuke' on the local sports scene since the late Annis Stukus was around.

I'd like to see him improve his shot, and therefore shoot a little more. His hands in tight are magnificent though especially at high speeds. He's very hard on the puck as well and looks like he can create turnovers with an accurate stick and fast legs. Definitely excited to see what Jakob can do with the Comet's.

Archived