The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

On 2018-10-07 at 9:45 PM, westcoastsniper said:

Lockwood is definitely impressing right now. If he stays healthy and keeps producing like Gaudette, he might get an AHL contract after this season.

I’d imagine the Canucks sign him after this season irregardless of if he puts up over a point a game. Lockwood looks to be trending in the right direction since being drafted. That and I don’t think they want to risk him going back for his fourth season and be tempted with free agency.

21 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Reminds me of a young Brad Marchand, minus the classlessness. I dont think his ceiling is as high as Marchands, but I think he has more skill than he gets credit for.

I think that's a really good comparison. I see a lot of Jannik Hansen in his game. Maybe the offense ability of Mason Raymond, and the type of in your face hockey like Burrows

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treenanay said:

I think that's a really good comparison. I see a lot of Jannik Hansen in his game. Maybe the offense ability of Mason Raymond, and the type of in your face hockey like Burrows

When he was first drafted, I thought of Hansen immediately. I think he has more skill though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

When he was first drafted, I thought of Hansen immediately. I think he has more skill though

He definitely has more tools in his toolset. Hopefully this year he can remain healthy and help Hughes with possibly winning a championship. If both of them sign in the off season after winning a championship that would be huge for the Canucks

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, ReggieBush said:

Reminds me of a young Brad Marchand, minus the classlessness. I dont think his ceiling is as high as Marchands, but I think he has more skill than he gets credit for.

Agreed mostly. But Lockwood's dbag/60 is way lower than the rats. Ratface dbag's the heck out of Lockwood.

Sigh. :ph34r:

He reminded me of Justin Williams. Smaller but aggressive, can hit above his wieght and be unexpectedly skilled on the puck. 

He could be a great fit on EP’s wing as a skilled puck hound. 

Really liked his play in the that game. Hope he can keep healthy and that shoulder holds up. 

7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think a lot of Canuck fans are going to be really happy with this prospect. Hoping he has a successful full season with Michigan and can make the jump to Utica next season. 

Might look good on a line with Gaudette 

Lockwood-Gaudette-Virtanen would be a fun line to watch

Dahlen-Pettersson-Goldobin

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Lockwood-Gaudette-Virtanen

On 2018-10-09 at 10:25 AM, flickyoursedin said:

I’d imagine the Canucks sign him after this season irregardless of if he puts up over a point a game. Lockwood looks to be trending in the right direction since being drafted. That and I don’t think they want to risk him going back for his fourth season and be tempted with free agency.

images(2).jpg

• Haha 2

5 minute video on Lockwood. A couple of highlights (I just skimmed through it so this won't be perfect):

- Lockwood says he used the time recovering from his injury to try and learn new things off the ice.

- Feels more responsibility being one of the older players now.

- Coach says he liked the way Lockwood has played and only expects him to get better. 

- Lockwood says his teammates gave him the nickname "Skillwood" and that he tried to play it off. 

• Upvote 2

"Skill" Lockwood back in action this weekend with a pair of games versus Western Michigan.

Looks like the first game (tomorrow) is audio only and the second game (Saturday) is on NCHC.tv (subscription). So not looking good for free streams, unfortunately.

Same goes for Tyler Madden and Northeastern, with NESN and NESNPlus broadcasting both games (versus Union) on local TV, so it's unlikely we'll see a free stream via GoNU.

Sucks to have 4 college games this weekend involving our prospects and no streams available. I'll check into some options tomorrow and let people know if I can find streams via alternative sources.

EDIT: Make that 5 games as Rathbone and Harvard play Jack Hughes and the USNTDP U-18s on Saturday. That game looks to be on ESPN+

EDIT2: Today's game (Michigan v. Western Michigan) is going to be on BTNPlus and BTN2Go, which is free for anyone with Big Ten Network on their TV package.

It's possible a few of these games will get streams on OnHockey.TV (I think the Northeastern game is already listed there)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2