The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

43 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Michigan camp or Canucks camp - no I'm not being sarcastic, it's an honest question? 

I haven't watched Lockwood since world Jr's so I know virtually nothing about his development. 

Yes he SHOULD be better than Pettersson. DUH

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Canucks need winger depth, why isn’t he signed yet?  He should be in Utica also, not a 4th year in Michigan 

Missed a year of development due to shoulder injury.  He’s better in college.  Needs to get physically stronger. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Canucks can’t afford to lose him 

Read what Lockwood said in Jaku’s “What’s on your mind?” Sidebar.  Lockwood has excellent character.  He still might not be an NHL player though.  

3 hours ago, Grape said:

Lockwood should be the best player at camp. Would be disappointing if he isn’t.

Hoglander and Madden would give him a run for that spot. I wouldn't consider it disappointing if one or both of those guys were on that level. There's so many high motor guys in this group, it might be difficult to find much separation between the top players.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Read what Lockwood said in Jaku’s “What’s on your mind?” Sidebar.  Lockwood has excellent character.  He still might not be an NHL player though.  

I’ll check it out.  I don’t think he’s NHL ready either, but too young to give up on.  

That's a bit disappointing. I held Lockwood fairly high, made the Top 10 Canucks Prospects. I thought he played similar to Madden? I haven't seen either play actually, but I understand they're both gritty, energy guys who get the dirty goals?

28 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I’ll check it out.  I don’t think he’s NHL ready either, but too young to give up on.  

One of our underrated prospects. Will make the team if injuries don’t destroy him likely they’ve been doing rn. Physical player. Need to reunite him with Hughes on that PP.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's a bit disappointing. I held Lockwood fairly high, made the Top 10 Canucks Prospects. I thought he played similar to Madden? I haven't seen either play actually, but I understand they're both gritty, energy guys who get the dirty goals?

He's the RW version of Mike Peca. He's willing to sell out his body to make a hit. And he did. He's learned to hold back a bit to manage his body and some players need to do this to survive their own bravado. He puts up points everywhere too. Add another captain to the mix next season. In 2 seasons this team is going to be ridiculously fast.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/272186/william-lockwood

Edited by canuckledraggin

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Canucks need winger depth, why isn’t he signed yet?  He should be in Utica also, not a 4th year in Michigan 

How do you figure? University and college can be the best years of your life. They were for me. Perhaps this is the journey he has chosen to travel. What was your journey......Or have you had one?

31 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

How do you figure? University and college can be the best years of your life. They were for me. Perhaps this is the journey he has chosen to travel. What was your journey......Or have you had one?

After 4 years in college a player can become a ufa.  I’m glad to see he says he wants to be a Canuck but it’s out of the Canucks control now. 

9 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

After 4 years in college a player can become a ufa.  I’m glad to see he says he wants to be a Canuck but it’s out of the Canucks control now. 

Yes, but that will be his decision. He will have earned it. The fact that he has come to camp seems positive....Don’t you think? If he decides to sign somewhere else. Kismet !!!

3 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Hoglander and Madden would give him a run for that spot. I wouldn't consider it disappointing if one or both of those guys were on that level. There's so many high motor guys in this group, it might be difficult to find much separation between the top players.

Lockwood is about to become a senior. Hoglander Is only 18 and right now is a tier below Lockwood as a player, though he's the better prospect of course.

Madden I didn't even remember! Good catch