The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I doubt his game is suited for the bottom 6?

Scouting reports at the draft had him as a Carl Hagelin best case scenario and bottom 6 checking forward/penalty killer as worst case. 

I have to admit, he's already performing better than I expected he would at Michigan.  I didn't expect him to be on this scoring pace given he's never been a prolific scorer - but it's early and time will tell if he remains consistent or if this is just a hot-streak. 

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

A Jannik Hansen with hands is what I'm rooting. I doubt his game is suited for the bottom 6?

Game is very much suited for the bottom 6

2-way player that can skate, gritty, really fast, tenacious on the forecheck.

Basically the ideal bottom 6 winger TBH.

6 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Really. I was thinking he had potential for top 6 LOL 

2 hours ago, WTG said:

He does have top 6 potential.

It's just that his game is basically perfectly suited for the bottom 6.

Compromise on middle 6? :P

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Compromise on middle 6? :P

That we are discussing his making our team in any way is a good thing, right?  During the Gillis' years how many prospects drafted from any round were we discussing like this?  This guy is just one of many

It looks like we are going to have a solid glut of young, bottom 6 forwards for our new core. All we need is a couple of top-6 guys and we should be good. The competition we will consistently have for the bottom spots on our roster will make these guys better and our team better as a result. Right now I see it shaping up to look something like this:

________ - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - _______ - Virtanen

Granlund - Gaunce - Lockwood

Zalewski - Cassels - Zhukenov

Mckenzie

Thats a pretty good looking group of effective, young players. Thats not even including some other guys who could surprise like Gaudette, Jasek, LaBate, Stukel, Rendulic and/or LaPlante. 

If these guys all develop at least normally, our forward core looks like it will have a nice balance of size, speed, skill, two-way play, creativity and heart. 

23 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

It looks like we are going to have a solid glut of young, bottom 6 forwards for our new core. All we need is a couple of top-6 guys and we should be good. The competition we will consistently have for the bottom spots on our roster will make these guys better and our team better as a result. Right now I see it shaping up to look something like this:

Mckenzie

Thats a pretty good looking group of effective, young players. Thats not even including some other guys who could surprise like Gaudette, Jasek, LaBate, Stukel, Rendulic and/or LaPlante. 

If these guys all develop at least normally, our forward core looks like it will have a nice balance of size, speed, skill, two-way play, creativity and heart. 

The two gaps are HUGELY important pieces though.  How in the heck do we get those?  Would RNH, or Sam Reinhart be good enough?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The two gaps are HUGELY important pieces though.  How in the heck do we get those?  Would RNH, or Sam Reinhart be good enough?

Stop. We're not getting either of those players, and I wouldn't want RNH as my 1C anyway. 

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Mckenzie

Eriksson fills the winger gap in the near-midterm. Gives us more time to find a replacement. And top 6 LW are probably one of the easiest pieces to find as UFA.

All we really need is a 1C...

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Sam Reinhart would prob require Tanev + 1st rounder at least I think

In a heart beat.

Eriksson/future draftee/UFA, Reinhart, Boeser

Baer/Rodin, Horvat, Virtanen

Granlund, Gaunce, Lockwood

Zalewski, Cassels, Zhukenov

Edited by J.R.

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

THere was a rumor going around a few years back that Benning offered 

Shinkaruk + 6th overall + something else(24th overall?) i think for 1st overall back in 2014. Not sure if it was true or not 

Yeah I seem to recall him being high on Reinhart and seeing if he could work a trade to pick him or at least so it was reported.

Next year:

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen

Eriksson, Reinhart, Boeser

Virtanen, Horvat, Sutter

Zalewski, Gaunce, Dorsett

Edler, Stetcher

Hutton, Gudbranson

Juolevi, Tryamkin

Pedan

7 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

THere was a rumor going around a few years back that Benning offered 

Shinkaruk + 6th overall + something else(24th overall?) i think for 1st overall back in 2014. Not sure if it was true or not 

Benning knows his prospects, and if he wanted Sam Reinhart there was good reason.  Now, I cheer for Buffalo to be really horrible defensively, so (Maybe - fingers crossed) they would want Tanev.  I know I'm dreaming though:(

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Mckenzie

I think Zhukenov will be higher up the lines. I have a good feeling about him.

• Upvote 1