Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

William Lockwood | RW

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

This is the opposite of the truth. 

It really is. Some games Petey doesn't take a single faceoff. Like the games when Miller doesn't get thrown out of the circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, Glug Datt said:

at this point, fully agree on Madden & Lockwood.. 

 

at this point, I'm unsure on Gaudette, will he end up a 3rd center or 3rd line wing, who knows.. 

 

Beagle has 2 years left after this? I could see trying to move his contract, but who would take it and who would replace him? he's a keeper imo.. 

 

and BoHo.... that was a joke right? he's the quintessential 2C.. 60ish points, 200 ft game, face off champ.. game still needs to grow, but he ain't moving down.. unless the cap is suddenly over 100 mill.. 

We are one serious injury away from needing another centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benning getting to work while the NHL is paused. Hoping he gets a spot in our middle 6 next season as I’m very high on him. He is everything you want out of a forward. Hard working, good with the puck.. he likely ends up in Utica but good place to start in the pros to develop your game and get even better. Good luck to both Lockwood and Michaelis!

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

 

So happy for Will.

He always said Vancouver was the goal and now he's taking the next step.

I'm going to be the optimist and say I look forward to seeing him in the lineup some day.

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2019 at 6:08 PM, Fred65 said:

Here's the difference I don't see a Bachelor's degree in psychiatry as a good plan B for anyone. I guess it depends on life experience and perspective. If you're working at McDonald's then I guess it is a step up, if you're an analyst with  Goldman Sachs then it's a step-down

This is some outdated thinking. I'm drawing upon a different bachelor's degree, one that practically EVERYONE craps on - Philosophy. And here Mark Cuban, the billionaire says:

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/20/mark-cuban-philosophy-degree-will-be-worth-more-than-computer-science.html

 

My point is, it's not so much about what degree you pick, as it is what you GAIN from learning the stuff in it. (EVERYTHING is useful).

 

I find it very difficult to believe that you don't gain something analytical from psychiatric nursing and/or psychology  (there's no such thing as psychiatry as a degree, as people have pointed out). Keep talking out of your rear though, just like this false degree you made up, which shows you don't know what you're even talking about. Embarrassing.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, Alflives said:

Sounds like one of those “athlete” degrees, where it’s easy to keep up a GPA so you’re eligible to play.

Psychology is anything but easy. It's one of those degrees that it's part Arts and part Science. Weird combo.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, Grape said:

The Psych major is the most popular here at UM. It's definitely regarded as one of the easiest ones. I wouldn't say you're looked down upon if you have a Psych degree, especially from a (arguably) top 20 school in the world like UM, but it's best served being paired with another major, not as the only one. I considered doubling Psych with stats last year but I decided on Stats and Econ instead haha

 

32 credits in total are needed (each course is 2-4 credits and you're allowed max 18 a semester and there's 2 semesters with extra spring and summer semesters which people usually don't do), so if Will decided on his psych major earlier on and he's not doing another major or minor, there's no doubt he's gonna finish his degree. And you're right, for an athlete if you're taking a few courses going towards your major, the ones you're not should be easy filler courses. Lockwood wasn't one of the guys who won an academic award on the team, so he's not gonna be taking calculus or anything like that.

Yup

It depends on what you mean by "easiest ones". Personally, I find History to be fun and easy, but other people can't grasp the concepts. It's therefore 'hard' for them, even though they may be science students.

 

I think the whole thing about "easy" is so misleading. History can sink you if you don't know how to write, which I'm SHOCKED to see people's writing skills decline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

This is some outdated thinking. I'm drawing upon a different bachelor's degree, one that practically EVERYONE craps on - Philosophy. And here Mark Cuban, the billionaire says:

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/20/mark-cuban-philosophy-degree-will-be-worth-more-than-computer-science.html

 

My point is, it's not so much about what degree you pick, as it is what you GAIN from learning the stuff in it. (EVERYTHING is useful).

 

I find it very difficult to believe that you don't gain something analytical from psychiatric nursing and/or psychology  (there's no such thing as psychiatry as a degree, as people have pointed out). Keep talking out of your rear though, just like this false degree you made up, which shows you don't know what you're even talking about. Embarrassing.

I understand the concept the idea that a degree is a measurement of dedication rather than a subject. I just hope you understand there are a lot of "professional students" that waste a lot of time energy and parents money hanging out at uni. I'm often astounded by the post degree choices some students make. In many cases their careers have little to do with their chosen academic field. Personally I believe professional qualifications carry more weight, and are far more demanding. Universities are businesses first and fore most. I can think of a chap with a Doctorate in Zoology driving a crane, a language degree a waitress and a degree in criminal justice working in a grocery store. Apart from being a huge huge waste of money and ending up with useless debt for maybe decades to come. Do you really need a degree to be a police officer or a border guard or a waitress. So many children in the world denied any education and then there'ssome spend thousands on a basket weaving degree :lol: 

Frankly the value of a degree is on full display currently in Florida with the "spring break."  Children defying all recommendation for  fighting the spread of the corona virus by continuous partying in large groups, some call them the cream of the nation some call them the future of the nation, personally I call them idiots :lol:

Edited by Fred65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I understand the concept the idea that a degree is a measurement of dedication rather than a subject. I just hope you understand there are a lot of "professional students" that waste a lot of time energy and parents money hanging out at uni. I'm often astounded by the post degree choices some students make. In many cases their careers have little to do with their chosen academic field. Personally I believe professional qualifications carry more weight, and are far more demanding. Universities are businesses first and fore most. I can think of a chap with a Doctorate in Zoology driving a crane, a language degree a waitress and a degree in criminal justice working in a grocery store. Apart from being a huge huge waste of money and ending up with useless debt for maybe decades to come. Do you really need a degree to be a police officer or a border guard or a waitress. So many children in the world denied any education and then there'ssome spend thousands on a basket weaving degree :lol:

This is a myth that people who haven't gone to the university think of. I was a pretty decent partier during school, but this is something that you do grow out of. It no longer becomes your 'scene'. Pill poppers do it at any age, so this has nothing to do with university.


The fact that they chose a different career other than what they took academically shows that they were unable to find work in their field, or, more likely, they wanted to pursue other interests. (I.e. their heart isn't entirely in the degree that they studied).

Guess what? People change. Things change. Maybe you want to do something else after spending 4 years doing something. How do you know what you want to do when you're 18-25?

 

And don't knock people who are doing jobs that you perceive to be "below" them. They're still contributing to society in some way. Furthermore, maybe they have other financial considerations. NOT EVERYONE IS AS LUCKY AS YOU ARE to be sitting on your high horse.

 

The last blurb is total nonsense. Why does it matter to you what people do with their money? Are YOU throwing away thousands of dollars to help these kids with their education? Why do you care so much about what people do in their lives that it affects you so much to write about it?

Hell, I really want to see physical proof that you are spending thousands of dollars on helping children receive education. Otherwise, you're just all talk and no action. A hypocrite really.

Edited by Dazzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite honestly sunshine if you believe me or not does mean a thing to me. Speaks mostly to you than me. But yes I did spend a large amount of money of my children's education and they've used it to good effect.I'm happy with my investment.  I also rubbed shoulders with many of their friends who frankly wasted a lot of money ( in my world money doesn't grow on trees but has to be earned ) many have moved from job to job, are saddled with huge debts and frankly it's doubtful if they'll ever be in a position to offer their children ( should they have children ) the same advantage I offered mine, but I suppose that's all part of the me generation. I don't fall for this academic argument that studying non meaningful courses adds any thing to the world. It's a sales pitch for those intellectual waifs and stray in society. As to down grading others, it never crossed my mind every one has some capacity and live a fulfilling life that's is their choice. I simply don't like this university con job foisted on the unsuspecting. The  waste of capital is deplorable in my mind. Do your best with what you have and help others as you go.  As my mother used to say you may be born a private but you can have the heart of a general. I studied for years and proud to say I achieved my initial goals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Could compete with macEwen/lind for the 4th line rw spot next fall. 

I think Motte might have something to say about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he get into an NHL game before Juolevi? Both drafted in the same year... And they're the last two standing from that year's draft class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Could compete with macEwen/lind for the 4th line rw spot next fall. 

Motte   Beagle   MacEwen

 

MacEwen might even play on the 3rd line next year.  Lockwood will be in Utica.  He's only turning 22.  He needs 1-2 years in the AHL before he is getting a shot with the big boys.  Lind is most likely first call up next year.  His game is built for the NHL and he's much bigger than Lockwood.  

 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

I think Motte might have something to say about that.

Motte says "welcome to the 4th line, my name is Tyler your new lw linemate..."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Motte says "welcome to the 4th line, my name is Tyler your new lw linemate..."

I guess we will see what happens with Sutter, Roussel and Ferland as well then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Fred65 said:

Quite honestly sunshine if you believe me or not does mean a thing to me. Speaks mostly to you than me. But yes I did spend a large amount of money of my children's education and they've used it to good effect.I'm happy with my investment.  I also rubbed shoulders with many of their friends who frankly wasted a lot of money ( in my world money doesn't grow on trees but has to be earned ) many have moved from job to job, are saddled with huge debts and frankly it's doubtful if they'll ever be in a position to offer their children ( should they have children ) the same advantage I offered mine, but I suppose that's all part of the me generation. I don't fall for this academic argument that studying non meaningful courses adds any thing to the world. It's a sales pitch for those intellectual waifs and stray in society. As to down grading others, it never crossed my mind every one has some capacity and live a fulfilling life that's is their choice. I simply don't like this university con job foisted on the unsuspecting. The  waste of capital is deplorable in my mind. Do your best with what you have and help others as you go.  As my mother used to say you may be born a private but you can have the heart of a general. I studied for years and proud to say I achieved my initial goals

Uh huh... so all this talk means you didn't spend your hard earned money on other people's children. You know, the children who don't have any education. As I suspected, you're a hypocrite. Talking the talk but never walking the walk.

 

You call out people for "wasting money on a useless degree", but you say they could've used that money for children who don't have an education. Why? Why don't you shell your money instead? It's not like you help starving children in need of school yourself.

 

Also, I find it curious about you bragging about providing investments for your children. Newsflash, that's what you're supposed to do as a parent. What are you bragging about?


Again, depends on what you mean by "non meaningful". This stuff is so subjective, and I'd argue that it's outdated to say that some degrees are meaningless. My issue is that you pretend to be better than other people, when you're not. You think you know it all, but you don't. I bet you don't even have a degree. What I hear from you is bitterness because you weren't afforded a higher education.

Edited by Dazzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.