Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

William Lockwood | RW

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Benning knows his prospects, and if he wanted Sam Reinhart there was good reason.  Now, I cheer for Buffalo to be really horrible defensively, so (Maybe - fingers crossed) they would want Tanev.  I know I'm dreaming though:(

Listen, I want Reinhart as badly as you do, but the chances of us even being in a position to trade for him his unlikely, let alone having the pieces that Buffalo wants. If they would do Tanev and a 1st for Reinhart if consider it, but they have absolutely no reason to move him right now. Unless he demands a trade or something, it's not happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Listen, I want Reinhart as badly as you do, but the chances of us even being in a position to trade for him his unlikely, let alone having the pieces that Buffalo wants. If they would do Tanev and a 1st for Reinhart if consider it, but they have absolutely no reason to move him right now. Unless he demands a trade or something, it's not happening. 

Buffalo is not trading Reinhart. Idle speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boudrias said:

Buffalo is not trading Reinhart. Idle speculation.

Especially with Eichel out. Later this year/summer though...it's not impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WTG said:

Lockwoods 4th goal, not sure if it went in but it counts
https://streamable.com/acrg

Wow, that was a laser. 

 

Lockwood quietly having a very strong start to the season. This guy could be a real gem. The kind of speed and skill he demonstrates, I don't even care if he can't play defense (good thing he's just as good defensively as he is offensively). Definitely has a room in our top 6 in the future. Going to be proving a lot of heads. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WTG said:

Lockwood's beauty, short handed, 2nd of the night
https://streamable.com/5il9

 

Okay, I think it's time to end the 'bottom six guy'  mantra that runs through this thread. He is a very talented 18 year old obviously, the sky is the limit really.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dood is unreal. Speed, hands, shot, toughness combination is all there, just needs a little weight to make sure he can't get pushed off pucks at the next level. Probably a top 5 prospect for us now, and at the draft he was considered by many Vancouver media outlets as a terrible pick lol.

 

Don't judge a book by it's cover is no more apparent than with him and Gaudettte. They both look like NHL players that have top 6 ceilings.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love what I am seeing!

 

Knew absolutely nothing about him when he was picked, so very surprised he's been doing as good as he is. Very encouraging 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

 

Okay, I think it's time to end the 'bottom six guy'  mantra that runs through this thread. He is a very talented 18 year old obviously, the sky is the limit really.

I'm the one that started that mantra, and I've watched Lockwood play. I really like him, and I agree that he's a talented kid.

 

But he really plays a grinder style that is prevalent in the bottom 6. Lockwood basically plays like a energy forward with skill and size. That is why I would say he's the ideal bottom 6 winger. Don't take that as a ceiling, take it as a floor. Lockwood is not a top 6 or bust prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WTG said:

I'm the one that started that mantra, and I've watched Lockwood play. I really like him, and I agree that he's a talented kid.

 

But he really plays a grinder style that is prevalent in the bottom 6. Lockwood basically plays like a energy forward with skill and size. That is why I would say he's the ideal bottom 6 winger. Don't take that as a ceiling, take it as a floor. Lockwood is not a top 6 or bust prospect.

The first time I saw the guy I thought Gallagher.  Like you say: a skilled guy, but with an edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speed, grit, hands, tenaciousness. When considering others like Carcone, Jasek, McKenzie, Zhukenov, etc., along with Benning's comments about transforming the team, it appears this is the type of player he wants so this is what we should expect our Canucks to look and play like in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yet people keep fretting about how we have NO forward prospects...:lol:

 

Patience @LaBamba, it's coming.

 

You don't understand my frustration. Benning consistently hits home runs in the draft, yet he trades all of 2nds and 3rds for players he could easily draft. He is amazing at drafting so why not manufacture more draft picks rather then players that make your hockey team boring. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.