The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rodrigo Abols | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ya, likely, but he's looking really good - especially for a 7th rounder.  Benning sure is good at finding guys.

Oh ya, you can tell his confidence is at an all time high

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A great 4th line centre project. Sorry Cassell's.

I dunno. Cassels is only 7 months older than Abols. And Cassels' junior numbers (at a much younger age) blow away anything Abols has done.

Still would need to see a lot of growth from Abols before he supplants Cassels (even given Cassels' disappointing pro results).

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I dunno. Cassels is only 7 months older than Abols. And Cassels' junior numbers (at a much younger age) blow away anything Abols has done.

Still would need to see a lot of growth from Abols before he supplants Cassels (even given Cassels' disappointing pro results).

Just my eye test. But yes Abols skating would need some work but I don't really like Cassell's passivity in the offensive zone. 8 goals in two seasons.(133 games)

Hopefully he can turn it around.  But its great to have Abols to push him.

• 1 month later...

another prospect walking. Neill n Tate olson were not signed. Jasek walked out, how long before Zukenov decides to sign in russia? I am starting to wonder JBs scouting abilities, i know its a long shot to find a NHL player in later picks but all im saying is mayb we just need to find players that can commit themselves to play here or Utica. Waste of a pick, was an overager when he got drafted

48 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

another prospect walking. Neill n Tate olson were not signed. Jasek walked out, how long before Zukenov decides to sign in russia? I am starting to wonder JBs scouting abilities, i know its a long shot to find a NHL player in later picks but all im saying is mayb we just need to find players that can commit themselves to play here or Utica. Waste of a pick, was an overager when he got drafted

mal-speechless.gif

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

other than Zhukenov thats a whole lotta meh there. Late round picks, for all teams, rarely turn into anything. And they're not "wastes", someone has to play in Utica. 

2 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

Utica will have the most youth at their camp this fall than they have ever had. Some of the Euros might opt for Euro leagues because their TOI will be there and frankly the money will be better. At 20 they have time to play and take their NHL shot in a couple of seasons. 

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

other than Zhukenov thats a whole lotta meh there. Late round picks, for all teams, rarely turn into anything. And they're not "wastes", someone has to play in Utica. 

thats wht i said, which one of em is playing in utica?

Archived