The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brett McKenzie | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Grwat to see him get some points this weekend, but does anyone know why he seems to be struggling a bit to start this season? As an overage player who led his team in points last season, I was expecting a pretty big year from him. Does he have a lingering injury or something?

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Grwat to see him get some points this weekend, but does anyone know why he seems to be struggling a bit to start this season? As an overage player who led his team in points last season, I was expecting a pretty big year from him. Does he have a lingering injury or something?

Maybe due to his team being dead last in the ohl . 

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Maybe due to his team being dead last in the ohl . 

I thought about that, but he's currently tied in 6th for ppg on North Bay. As a team they aren't really struggling to score (sitting mid pack for GF, 11th out of 20 teams), it's just that they've also been letting in a lot of goals which is why they aren't doing well in the standings. So I'm wondering if there's something else going on.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Might be time to forget this guy. Putting up 0.5 PPG in his overage season makes him a long shot at best.

Dane Fox had a better chance at being an NHLer.

Definitely looking like he won't beat the odds and become a late round "hit" for a bonus NHL player.

Although to be honest, I haven't watched him much this season. From what I can gather though, he's being leaned on heavily defensively and taking a lot of key draws and matchups. Plus, North Bay is pretty awful this year.

Still, you'd like to see more from him in terms of his totals and the current scoring rate doesn't bode well for him putting together much of a pro career after junior.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely looking like he won't beat the odds and become a late round "hit" for a bonus NHL player.

Although to be honest, I haven't watched him much this season. From what I can gather though, he's being leaned on heavily defensively and taking a lot of key draws and matchups. Plus, North Bay is pretty awful this year.

Still, you'd like to see more from him in terms of his totals and the current scoring rate doesn't bode well for him putting together much of a pro career after junior.

I don't know why Mckenzie was picked over Ronning.

Archived