The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brett McKenzie | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brett McKenzie with 4 assists today. He now has 23 points (9 goals, 14 assists) in 30 games.

Slowly inching his way back to 1ppg. Man was his start ever terrible. Any word as to why his start was so bad, I know his team is bad.... 

40 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/948618458366853121

So Mckenzie has been traded. May be able to see him play with Gadjovich for the remainder of the year.

Could be very good for him due to be able to play with more offensive players and on a better team. Might even help him earn a contract from the Canucks or Utica

This is great news! He had such a good year last year, it's been a rough start. Hopefully this helps, but he will have a limited role most likely. 

44 minutes ago, cyoung said:

This is great news! He had such a good year last year, it's been a rough start. Hopefully this helps, but he will have a limited role most likely. 

Hard to say what kind of role he’s have. Brock Otten was predicting McKenzie to Owen Sound for the last month or so, and he thinks Brett should slot in as an upgrade for their second line. 

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/948618458366853121

So Mckenzie has been traded. May be able to see him play with Gadjovich for the remainder of the year.

Could be very good for him due to be able to play with more offensive players and on a better team. Might even help him earn a contract from the Canucks or Utica

I think he earns a contract and plays in the ECHL next year.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think he earns a contract and plays in the ECHL next year.

Really depends on which of our other prospects play well and if we are in on any good college free agents. Of our prospects right now Im sure we sign lind, pettersson, gaudette and potentially guys like Palmu, Dipietro, Tryamkin, Candela. There are a bunch of guys who could get contracts so who knows

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Really depends on which of our other prospects play well and if we are in on any good college free agents. Of our prospects right now Im sure we sign lind, pettersson, gaudette and potentially guys like Palmu, Dipietro, Tryamkin, Candela. There are a bunch of guys who could get contracts so who knows

Yeah, I agree. Though I still expect him to play in the ECHL next year

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like he’s having a strong game. Also added an assist on OS’s first goal, had 4 SOG in the first period, and is 6/9 on faceoffs so far this game.

He was in such a crap team, this sounds like a great opportunity for him 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

updates?

I think the reason there hasn’t been anything in awhile is because he’s been held pointless for the last 2 or 3 games. I keep checking game sheet stats for Owen Sound to see if Gadj is in the lineup and noticed Brett held of the scoresheet. I’m a pretty aggressive prospect stat watcher though so I can’t comment on his play.

Archived