The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twitch Streaming Gaming

ali5430

Hey guys! I'm a twitch streamer who used to be a decently active member on here awhile back but once they moved the NHL games over to PS4 I kind of switched over to PC games (League of Legends, GTA V, Overwatch, Dying Light, H1Z1, Rocket League, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc.). Anyways you can come hang out and chill while I stream some games! I stream everyday at 10am pst for about 6-7 hours. My stream is www.twitch.tv/premonitor and hope to see some of you guys there :)

Cheers,

Premonitor

For me it takes some time to find someone worth watching.. Games they play have a big part of it... but its their personality and how they interact with viewers and what not. I generally watch streams with 50-200 people as chat generally isnt crazy.

The way I can describe it.. A Magician picking someone from a crowd and having them involved in the act..

There are a lot of bland streams.. And 9 out of 10 times I cant stand watching female streamers.. Only reason they get popular is well.. because they're female and probably have a fairly big chest. 

22 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

I've never really understood the appeal of watching a stream of someone else playing games.

Not being sarcastic or sassy pants, seriously, can someone who enjoys it explain it? I just don't get it.

Much like live entertainment, Twitch streaming has the potential to excite and entertain an audience if the proper performance is put on. What is a proper performance? That would depend on the style of streamer.

Some people enjoy watching the best of the best play their game so they can see their favorite game played at the highest tier. Others like to watch parody/comedy streams where people make fun of games while playing them. 

I'm not much of a person to watch streams myself, but every now and then I'll stumble across a time when a streamer is absolutely entertaining and worth watching. 

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

You make a lot of money doing that? 6-7 hours a day is a lot.

Haha actually it's been picking up lately! I've made 1500 the past few days! 500 today, 300 yesterday and 200 the day before, with 50 here and there! It's unpredictable but when you get it you get it!

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

You make a lot of money doing that? 6-7 hours a day is a lot.

The people who actually make it as a streamer/are pro gamers make 30k++ a month streaming. Everyone else typically doesnt make much.

Archived