The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Starting a unique dynasty league

ALAPOK

Hey all. I'm want to start up a keeper league and I'm looking for like minded members, a co-commissioner or 2 and some help with creating clear rules.

My vision is a non weekly draft focused on prospects, the long term with lots of activity and trades. I'd like to do a capped auction with specific rules for contract length and value. A waiver auction in January after the world juniors. Playoff supplement with players selected from your team. Entry draft in june-ish and free agent auction in September.

Simplified scoring structure of just goals and assists. Wins and shutouts for goalies.

I think 14-15 GMs with 40 players each. 12 forward 6 defense and 2 goalies count for points. Total player points count when trading, not points after trade. 5 draft picks in addition to the 40 players. Teams must start each season with 40 players and can either forfeit picks or trade or waive players so that every team begins each season with the same number of players.

My goal is to as closely as possible mimic being an nhl GM without the day to day stuff or setting a lineup weekly.

Lmk if interested or would like to help out. Thanks

Archived