The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

On 2017-01-11 at 8:24 AM, Noseforthenet said:

Loui Eriksson, while still under performing (pretty much the whole team is) has 19 points in total and he has 13 points 5 on 5, which actually beats Lucic!!! Lucic Has 11 points 5 on 5 and only 2 of them are from playing without McDavid. I think it's safe to say McDavid made him better, but Lucic is still a slug and Not playing with Connor anymore unless it's the powerplay. So yeah, I am pretty comfortable in standing by this statement at the half way point of the season. The Oilers are doing well, despite Lucic. He is not really supplementing anyone's offense and seemingly has no ability to create any offense himself either. And they have this for 7 years....

OMG..........Canucks! Hire some decent phony posters PLEASE....whoever you are paying to write this garbage is embarrassingly bad at it.....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

OMG..........Canucks! Hire some decent phony posters PLEASE....whoever you are paying to write this garbage is embarrassingly bad at it.....you want to pay someone to put lipstick on this pig? Pay me, I'll have that hog all dolled up and standing on the corner of Cordova and Main before you can say "How much for a half and half?"

Facts seem to really bother you - dozens of ranting posts in past hours.   Need help?  This is a discussion forum about a game.  Right?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

OMG..........Canucks! Hire some decent phony posters PLEASE....whoever you are paying to write this garbage is embarrassingly bad at it.....you want to pay someone to put lipstick on this pig? Pay me, I'll have that hog all dolled up and standing on the corner of Cordova and Main before you can say "How much for a half and half?"

I see someone forgot their meds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Facts seem to really bother you - dozens of ranting posts in past hours.   Need help?  This is a discussion forum about a game.  Right?

He was posting at 3am on a Friday night. Probably drunk out of his tree and delusional... even more so than the normal t.dee shtick.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Yeah....this is from a legit profile, no "Astroturfing" here 100% legit fan opinion, brought to you by Dim Jim and....someone who should know better.

Wut? 

Been a fan since 1990 despite growing up in Ontario. No idea what you are talking about. I don't post very often because there are too many idiots who say things like "Dim Jim" for example. 

When he was signed he said himself he had experienced a difficult time adjusting in the past before he got comfortable and started to contribute. My opinion is that he will have a much better year now that expectations are much lower. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Thanks for posting your pimpin' resume.

Duly filed.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I didn't hate the signing at the time, but I sure as hell do now.

To be fair, I don't think anybody could have expected Eriksson to drop such a massive deuce this last season (and if they say otherwise, they're lying).

I was actually worried about him making us too competitive. I'm happy we have him. It's the difference between Robert Thomas and Elias Pettersson. No way we pick fifth if he would have scored like he did with Boston a year prior. 

He is dead cap, which is exactly what we need right now. A good character guy who can mentor while holding Jim back from TJ Oshie's and stuff. 

• Upvote 3

I think we should just throw out last yr and start new he is now playing for a NHL mind a coach who knows the game who has played in the league and understands what it's all about and let's face it not very many in the league would thrive under Willie Ds system and line juggling.

5 hours ago, coryberg said:

He was posting at 3am on a Friday night. Probably drunk out of his tree and delusional... even more so than the normal t.dee shtick.

Not sure what he/she/it was on about and not even sure I know what "astroturfing" is that seems to be the continual theme.  An immense of anger apparently towards anyone who offers up even a remotely different opinion.   Internet isn't of everyone I guess.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Burnt Gravy said:

I was actually worried about him making us too competitive. I'm happy we have him. It's the difference between Robert Thomas and Elias Pettersson. No way we pick fifth if he would have scored like he did with Boston a year prior. 

He is dead cap, which is exactly what we need right now. A good character guy who can mentor while holding Jim back from TJ Oshie's and stuff. 

I like your way of thinking :lol:

Wow.  The difference between Vancouver and St Louis is but one Loui Eriksson.  Cool.  Good to know.  Bodes well for when the team looks to compete again.  One top 6 away from being a top 10 team.  Woot.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

Wow.  The difference between Vancouver and St Louis is but one Loui Eriksson.  Cool.  Good to know.  Bodes well for when the team looks to compete again.  One top 6 away from being a top 10 team.  Woot.

Why do you assume I meant we would be a top 10 team? We all know Jim Likes to take +\-5thbpa 

Why do you assume I meant we would be a top 10 team? We all know Jim Likes to take +\-5thbpa 

Not all of us got the magic Crystal ball ring in the cracker Jack box when we were kids. Wish I could predict the future like you! ^_^

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

we are all entitled to our opinions, but for me, even if i disagree with a management, i would never try to pass my opinion off as the right decision. whether their decisions are right or not, i follow and root for the team we have. my enjoyment is with sharing the journey they're on each year. i'll leave the complaining to the young fans who know everything.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Burnt Gravy said:

People either need to stop taking me seriously or I need to work on my delivery. 

Sorry, I know most of the regulars here and can tell their tendencies, humour and in some cases illnesses. This is the first time seeing your screen name so I didn't have a read on you. For future reference a well placed :P is a good way to tip your hat.

Edited by coryberg
  • Upvote 2