The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2017 at 1:28 PM, smithers joe said:

we are all entitled to our opinions, but for me, even if i disagree with a management, i would never try to pass my opinion off as the right decision. whether their decisions are right or not, i follow and root for the team we have. my enjoyment is with sharing the journey they're on each year. i'll leave the complaining to the young fans who know everything.

:lol: My thoughts Joe but I am leery about showing any weakness or lack of conviction. Me thinks many of the more argumentative posters are wanna be lawyers honing their skills. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2016 at 9:02 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Top-6 winger acquired.  Mission accomplished.

On 7/1/2016 at 9:09 AM, oldnews said:

Cue the armchair jockeys that know nothing about the player whining about his age and "softness".

On 7/1/2016 at 9:12 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Everyone should be forced to understand this before hitting "reply".

On 7/1/2016 at 9:58 AM, oldnews said:

Benning wanted to add a 20 goal scorer.

So he added a 30 goal scorer...

Wish he'd keep his word.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:03 AM, oldnews said:

I would sure  love to poach Joe Colborne from the Lames.

That would be the cherry on the day.  

Or Matt Martin.  Kaboom!.

Just doing a little friendly bump here and what do ya know? Yet again, it’s the usual suspects who are so tunnel visioned that they turn a blind eye to risks associated with moves. (ON - the same guy who said he’d take Brett Connolly for $5m recently - says in the last quote he’d have been happy with Colborne or Martin AKA buyout worthy players :picard:)

...you can copy-paste the same things they said here for the Myers signing. Or/and the JT Miller value we gave up. But I’ll give credit where credit is due such as the Ferland contract which was a steal so props to JB for that. It’s why you need some decent hockey (common) sense when talking about signings and such or else this is what you turn out to look like. It’s about both sides of the coin, not just your pro-Canucks take like these when there’s obvious risk involved which they won’t acknowledge.

FWIW, happy birthday Loui ! :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

31 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Just doing a little friendly bump here and what do ya know? Yet again, it’s the usual suspects who are so tunnel visioned that they turn a blind eye to risks associated with moves. (ON - the same guy who said he’d take Brett Connolly for $5m recently - says in the last quote he’d have been happy with Colborne or Martin AKA buyout worthy players :picard:)

...you can copy-paste the same things they said here for the Myers signing. Or/and the JT Miller value we gave up. But I’ll give credit where credit is due such as the Ferland contract which was a steal so props to JB for that. It’s why you need some decent hockey (common) sense when talking about signings and such or else this is what you turn out to look like. It’s about both sides of the coin, not just your pro-Canucks take like these when there’s obvious risk involved which they won’t acknowledge.

FWIW, happy birthday Loui ! :lol:

Rather than say what everyone else is going to say, I think I'll just report you.

edit: @debluvscanucks I can't imagine you and the other mods are fond of this type of stuff.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Silver Ghost said:

This is a terrible way to try to make some point that you are right about this years moves and other posters are wrong. Opinions based on reality at the time often look bad in hindsight. Have you ever been wrong on cdc about an opinion? Should soneone dig those up andwipe your nose in it to make themselves feel like they are right?

Honestly man, i dont even know which side of the debate about Miller, Myers etc you fall on (i expect you hate those moves) but this necromancy BS just makes you look like a douche either way. 

About the latter, I think it’s fair to say others such as me feel like certain people are the douches when they act the way they do at the beginning. 

Nice little way for it to come full circle if you ask me. Trust me because they’re always the ones pretending as if their words are holy gospel and others can’t go against it. That’s really all I’m trying to get at. Maybe this helps them come to an understanding for future reference? ;) 

1 minute ago, Generational.EP40 said:

About the latter, I think it’s fair to say others such as me feel like certain people are the douches when they act the way they do at the beginning. 

Right, so now you call me a "douche" as being one of the "usual suspects".  For simply declaring a statement of FACT that was not debateable, and was not refuted by anyone, because it was factual.  Or did you respond that "Eriksson is not a top-6 player"?  Would love to see that post.

You need to quit while you're already behind instead instead of continuing to dig a hole you shouldn't have started.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Right, so now you call me a "douche" as being one of the "usual suspects".  For simply declaring a statement of FACT that was not debateable, and was not refuted by anyone, because it was factual.  Or did you respond that "Eriksson is not a top-6 player"?  Would love to see that post.

You need to quit while you're already behind instead instead of continuing to dig a hole you shouldn't have started.

No, I didn’t call you that. I quoted @Silver Ghost who said that in the latter part of his post.

And I don’t have to say much. The proof is in the thread which people can see for themselves. It’s more so about how you treat/look down on others for siding with caution on certain moves. 

4 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

No, I didn’t call you that. I quoted @Silver Ghost who said that in the latter part of his post.

You CLEARLY stated "certain people are the douches" of which you took particular effort to necro-mine two in particular out of a 3-year-old thread.  Silver Ghost simply brought to your attention how you are making yourself look, for your own benefit.

7 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

And I don’t have to say much. The proof is in the thread which people can see for themselves. It’s more so about how you treat/look down on others for siding with caution on certain moves. 

You've shown no evidence of that, but to the contrary are simply emoting because people disagreed with you.  Go ahead, show how I "looked down on" (whatever that means) anyone who "sided with caution".  If you're going to quote mine and attack someone with name-calling, at least quote something that substantiates your contention.

Maybe you think this is also "looking down" on you, but the reality is you're just embarrassing yourself here and we're trying to spare you from it.  It's just a message board and I do not seek nor expect an apology, but you need to realize that mods also have a job to do and will see this.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

You CLEARLY stated "certain people are the douches" of which you took particular effort to necro-mine two in particular out of a 3-year-old thread.  Silver Ghost simply brought to your attention how you are making yourself look, for your own benefit.

You've shown no evidence of that, but to the contrary are simply emoting because people disagreed with you.  Go ahead, show how I "looked down on" (whatever that means) anyone who "sided with caution".  If you're going to quote mine and attack someone with name-calling, at least quote something that substantiates your contention.

Maybe you think this is also "looking down" on you, but the reality is you're just embarrassing yourself here and we're trying to spare you from it.  It's just a message board and I do not seek nor expect an apology, but you need to realize that mods also have a job to do and will see this.

How did people disagree with me when I wasn’t even a forum member at the time of the signing? And sorry but you must be thinking of someone else as I did not name call you and merely quoted what silver said.

And maybe you should be a bit more open to others opinions. It’s literally all I’m saying by quoting a few posts to which you’re being difficult about.

• -SN- locked this topic