StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

I like the idea of putting the two together, but I'm not sure about Granlund being the center in that Swedish sandwich. I think Sutter would be a better center for those two, actually, and given our lack of scoring wingers this year that may very well be our best 2nd line combo to try out:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Pettersson Sutter Eriksson

...unless the idea is to shelter Pettersson, in which case your idea might work best - though I'd try out Gaudette as well.

I understand where you are going by adding Sutter.  He's as solid defensively as they get and a great FO guy and he's got a great shot.  Thing is, he might not be the best guy chemistry wise with the other two, but I guess you never know until you try it out for a few games - his passing and playmaking vision is his weakness.  The weakness with my proposal is no strong FO skills.  I'm hoping that's something Granlund and Pettersson both work on it a lot over the summer.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Biggest problem I see with that lineup is that... does that leave the EP40 line the '2nd' line and Horvat's as the '1st'...? IMO, it doesn't. Other teams are going to attempt to match up to that line before Horvat's in that scenario IMO.

So that debate then turns in to: Is EP40 ready to lead a 1st line or is he better off being sheltered in a '2nd' (3rd line by minutes) role? At least to start anyway.

I would think Green would begin with sheltered. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

^ this one looks the best to me as far a 2 scoring and 2 matchup lines. Plus we haven't discussed the power play options yet which could be scary with EP and Boeser together. 

It is possible Horvat and Boeser play together for a long time. I think it would be anathema to slip them up to put eriksson with Horvat....just my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would think Green would begin with sheltered. 

Exactly.  So lineup one. 

18 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It is possible Horvat and Boeser play together for a long time. I think it would be anathema to slip them up to put eriksson with Horvat....just my opinion.

It's bound to happen eventually. 

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Exactly.  So lineup one. 

Maybe. But splitting up Horvat and Boeser with Boeser only ever having played 60 NHL games when they are both part of the core and have chemistry? And for Horvat to play with an older player who won't be here much longer? Doesn't make sense to me...but anything can happen. I just doubt it.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

They'll likely need to put Boeser with a better playmaker to ensure he regularly hits the 70-goal mark.

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Maybe. But splitting up Horvat and Boeser with Boeser only ever having played 60 NHL games when they are both part of the core and have chemistry? And for Horvat to play with an older player who won't be here much longer? Doesn't make sense to me...but anything can happen. I just doubt it.

It's not about putting Horvat with Eriksson, it's about putting Boeser with Pettersson. Eriksson's just the guy we have now to fill that spot on Horvat's wing (I wager that spot will be Dahlen's soon enough).

If Petterson is going to eventually be our 1C, He's going to eventually play with Boeser and Horvat will be C'ing line 2.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

Exactly.  So lineup one. 

I can see the year starting with 1 and ending up with the the second one you wrote. 

• Hydration 1

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

all depends on the effect on the total team output. If it gives the team 2 legit scoring lines then why not?