The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

It's a shame there is no way to re-negotiate contracts. He's a good middle 6 guy, but he's not worth 6 mil. I'd even accept 4mil for him.

This is probably the last year I'll be able to try defend his contract. If he doesn't start dropping at least 40-50 points the contract is indefensible. Defense is well and nice, but Sutter is far better defensively and produces roughly the same and makes almost 2mil less. I've held out "hope" the entire time he's been here, now he needs to start producing. Putting my CDC credibility on the line defending this contract for 3 years :bigblush:

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

It's a shame there is no way to re-negotiate contracts. He's a good middle 6 guy, but he's not worth 6 mil. I'd even accept 4mil for him.

This is probably the last year I'll be able to try defend his contract. If he doesn't start dropping at least 40-50 points the contract is indefensible. Defense is well and nice, but Sutter is far better defensively and produces roughly the same and makes almost 2mil less. I've held out "hope" the entire time he's been here, now he needs to start producing. Putting my CDC credibility on the line defending this contract for 3 years :bigblush:

its pretty simple imo, if he's on the top 6 he has a chance to hit those numbers, bottom 6 use he won't. Its too early in the preseason to know where he's at, he's played what, 1 game? people are acting like he was a -6 that game but there were some positives. Now that some room is clearing out from camp I really want to see what a line of Loui-EP-Goldy looks like. Loui can provide much better skills and leadership than Gagner for those two imo. 

4 hours ago, mll said:

He's back practicing with the team.  

That's good to hear. Sucks getting injured in the preseason. It'll be interesting to see where Eriksson eventually ends up line wise. If he can get at least 20 goals this season, while playing a solid defensive game, and establishing some chemistry with linemates that would be good.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's good to hear. Sucks getting injured in the preseason. It'll be interesting to see where Eriksson eventually ends up line wise. If he can get at least 20 goals this season, while playing a solid defensive game, and establishing some chemistry with linemates that would be good.

That would be fabulous, but I don't think there is much chance of Loui scoring, other than the stuff that makes him look like this. B)

loui-eriksson-mustache.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That would be fabulous, but I don't think there is much chance of Loui scoring, other than the stuff that makes him look like this. B)

loui-eriksson-mustache.png

Ya never know though, Alf. Playing alongside Pettersson could have an effect on the memory part of his brain and transport him back to 2015::D

• Like 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

Ya never know though, Alf. Playing alongside Pettersson could have an effect on the memory part of his brain and transport him back to 2015::D

Just so long as he doesn't infect Elias with whatever he's got.  :o

Pettersson is so good, he just might drag Loui to 20.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm hopeful. Really, what's the alternative?

For Loui?  Mushrooms?  :lol:

Seriously, I'm hopeful too.  Elias is a fabulous player.  He's capable of magic.  Which is likely what it will take to get Loui going again.

I see Jake as a better option with Elias.  He's big, fast, mean, aggressive, defensively aware, and can shoot the puck.  

Maybe Jake, Pettersson, and Loui??

Just now, Alflives said:

For Loui?  Mushrooms?  :lol:

He looks like he's on them in that picture.

Just now, Alflives said:

Seriously, I'm hopeful too.  Elias is a fabulous player.  He's capable of magic.  Which is likely what it will take to get Loui going again.

I see Jake as a better option with Elias.  He's big, fast, mean, aggressive, defensively aware, and can shoot the puck.  

Maybe Jake, Pettersson, and Loui??

Loui's most dangerous within 10 feet of the opposing goal. Maybe playing him with Horvat who likes to crash the net would be ideal. Whatever it ends up being, I hope Green leaves him there regardless.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:05 PM, Hutton Wink said:

There'd be trade interest, just won't be much return value.  Someone will take a chance on a guy who scored 30 just two seasons ago and plays a solid 2-way game.

Wishful thinking imho. This is a 'What have you done for me lately?' league. A player in his 30s whose production has dropped off simply isn't a desirable asset. How many of us are chomping at the bit to trade for the likes of Lucic, Kesler, Bobby Ryan or Andrew Ladd? Unless you are trading for one of these contracts or significantly retaining some salary, no one wants our problem. I don't think Benning comes out and essentially admits that he gave Eriksson too much money without exploring his options.

23 hours ago, Toews said:

Wishful thinking imho. This is a 'What have you done for me lately?' league. A player in his 30s whose production has dropped off simply isn't a desirable asset. How many of us are chomping at the bit to trade for the likes of Lucic, Kesler, Bobby Ryan or Andrew Ladd? Unless you are trading for one of these contracts or significantly retaining some salary, no one wants our problem. I don't think Benning comes out and essentially admits that he gave Eriksson too much money without exploring his options.

To be fair, Eriksson was the top UFA of his year.

He also came off a 30G 33A 63PTS season. It was worth it at the time. However, no one but Burrows and Carter could ever produce with the Sedins. Eriksson is one of countless players that should’ve clicked with the twins. 

Eriksson is but yet another lost commodity in the NHL by means of a guaranteed overpayed twilight contract.

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

To be fair, Eriksson was the top UFA of his year.

He also came off a 30G 33A 63PTS season. It was worth it at the time. However, no one but Burrows and Carter could ever produce with the Sedins. Eriksson is one of countless players that should’ve clicked with the twins. 

Eriksson is but yet another lost commodity in the NHL by means of a guaranteed overpayed twilight contract.

Was he? I am not so sure he was even the Canucks first choice as reports had the team aiming for Lucic.

Personally it was always the wrong move for a rebuilding team and I wonder how much it was influenced by pressure from ownership. 

I don't think he is nearly as bad as people say he is. I think he gets way too much hatred due to his contract. He is still a decent NHL player. He can still the read the game at an above average level and he is still pretty good away from the puck. 

• Upvote 4