The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

First, Loui didn't open up a hurt heart. He just repeated what is seen. Green doesn't trust Loui as a top 6 forward with the players Canucks had before.

There is a lot of strange reactions to this interview. I must assume it is due to a very different culture between Canada and Sweden.

On the other hand, Benning shows up as an insecure leader and you guys accept that... The players should be made out of stone but the one who leads them fumbles and drop bad lines here and there.

Benning is new in the GM position. I don't think you should confuse Insecurity with politeness... 

Time will tell...

You on the other hand doesn't seem to understand the value of players... 

If you think 6 million dollars is ok for a 30 point forward then good for you. You earn your ice time.... Eriksson could play better and his ice time would sky rocket.

If you don't score goals you'll struggle to get 20+ min each game... The only person who can change that is the player himself. 

I like Eriksson, but if I don't live up to expectations at my work, I got two choices, put my head down and do better, or accept it just doesn't work and take it from there.

In cap times you need your best paid players to produce. If they don't they should be shipped out. There is nothing more to it...

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Benning is new in the GM position. I don't think you should confuse Insecurity with politeness... 

Time will tell...

The way Benning put the spotlight on a player isn't worthy of a GM. So there is nothing polite about his words. He's throwing gasoline on a small fire so it becomes unstoppable.

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You on the other hand doesn't seem to understand the value of players... 

If you think 6 million dollars is ok for a 30 point forward then good for you. You earn your ice time.... Eriksson could play better and his ice time would sky rocket.

If you don't score goals you'll struggle to get 20+ min each game... The only person who can change that is the player himself. 

I like Eriksson, but if I don't live up to expectations at my work, I got two choices, put my head down and do better, or accept it just doesn't work and take it from there.

In cap times you need your best paid players to produce. If they don't they should be shipped out. There is nothing more to it...

And here you complain about Bennings eager to sign an expensive UFA. Something he shouldn't. So why not put the spotlight on Benning instead  and let the players play.

• Wat 2

54 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am so sick of Loui and his lacklustre play for 6 million per year. 6 million for a 4th line player is pathetic. Loui sure did not hold up his end of the contract....but then he has no skills anymore. He declined faster than the modern american empire with trump in charge.

Now I am sick of even thinking about Loui (and his 1 supporter).

Please make this has been go away Hockey Gods.  I will sacrifice Bettman to you, to make it happen.  :ph34r:

Don't say one bad word of Trump. You're using his methods so I suppose you like the guys psychopathetic features. It's many fans here talking about Louis good play and even that Green(Benning) didn't use him the right way.

4 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Do you think Loui will let you stay at his new house in Utica after all this free positive PR you are providing him? ;)

Just kidding Loui gonna pot 35g+

Hide contents

In the KHL

I'm glad you think Loui can bag 25 goals in NHL still... It's more than I thought was possible with the age thing going on.

Nah, I just get some free meals in Gothenburg.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

The way Benning put the spotlight on a player isn't worthy of a GM. So there is nothing polite about his words. He's throwing gasoline on a small fire so it becomes unstoppable.

And here you complain about Bennings eager to sign an expensive UFA. Something he shouldn't. So why not put the spotlight on Benning instead  and let the players play.

Sorry bud, but you must suffer from lack of reading comprehension... I don't think I've ever complained about Benning signing an expensive UFA....

Instead I actually stated earlier, that I supported Benning in going after Eriksson and thought he'd do fine here.... It didn't work out. End off...

If you can not comprehend that teams don't pay 6million for a forward to make 30 point only no matter how good he is defensively, let's just let it rest.

You seem to think this is a crusade against Eriksson? Nothing could be further from the truth... most of us just want to make our team as competitive as possible with the money available. We may disagree on how we spend the money the wisest, lots of threads shows that, but very few would argue, Eriksson haven't provided the value for money expected. 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If you can not comprehend that teams don't pay 6million for a forward to make 30 point only no matter how good he is defensively, let's just let it rest.

You seem to think this is a crusade against Eriksson? Nothing could be further from the truth... most of us just want to make our team as competitive as possible with the money available. We may disagree on how we spend the money the wisest, lots of threads shows that, but very few would argue, Eriksson haven't provided the value for money expected. 

The witch hunt on Loui isn't doing the Canucks any good. When you see fans talking about booing, Utica(as a punishment, not because he plays bad) etc, react to them and talk them out of it  and defend the club. Let Green make the team decisions and use every asset he can to reach success. This also includes Loui.

The bad contract isn't Louis fault so stop blaming the contract on him. If his bad production is due to bad judgement or rebuilding reasons by the coaches not even his low ppg is his problem. So why chase him out of town?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Eriksson haven't provided the value for money expected. 

Should’ve added....

’like ever as a Canuck’.

I don’t count a small stretch of games as even an 100% strictly enforcer can look like a solid NHLer in a bunch of games.  Wade Brookbank had something like 2 goals in about half a dozen games being the winger for the Sedins way back.

Doesnt mean he has been a useless player.  Just way, way, way overpaid.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

they signed LE with the idea that he would be the right fit with the sedins . Didn't work along with most of the other players that were tried with them . His offensive after coming here is not what it was before . I suspect it is a Great deal harder to realize you are no longer an offensive force at his age than for a younger player coming out of junior and having to change his style to be in the NHL . Hope he has had some time to come to grips with it now that last year is over and he will fill out a bottom 6 roll as best he can . As for the 6 mill a year that is beside the point going forward   

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

Hope he has had some time to come to grips with it now that last year is over and he will fill out a bottom 6 roll as best he can . As for the 6 mill a year that is beside the point going forward   

I have no doubt that he could fill out a bottom six roll but they have a number of other players that can also fill that role at a much cheaper cost.

The 6 million cap hit is not beside the point at all when you consider that in the next couple of years they will have to re-up Both Pettersson and Hughes.

I do hope that JB can find a new home for Loui, as the negativity that his contract and sub par performance has created is not in either  parties best interests

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

1EC17895-495A-416C-812E-8A409F7F2EBE.gif

36 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have no doubt that he could fill out a bottom six roll but they have a number of other players that can also fill that role at a much cheaper cost.

The 6 million cap hit is not beside the point at all when you consider that in the next couple of years they will have to re-up Both Pettersson and Hughes.

I do hope that JB can find a new home for Loui, as the negativity that his contract and sub par performance has created is not in either  parties best interests

Guys that are on par for ability, while still possibly trending up, that play styles more in line with Green's vision, who are younger and cheaper while Eriksson trends down with age.

Never mind the SWE comments and pending media circus. Even without those things he's hard pressed to keep a spot on this year's team.

37 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

My point is that if JB could of found a way to trade away LE or anything better than sticking him in Utica [ only saves 1 mill on the cap as I understand it] .it would have happened by now , time to make the best of a bad situation is all  

9 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

My point is that if JB could of found a way to trade away LE or anything better than sticking him in Utica [ only saves 1 mill on the cap as I understand it] .it would have happened by now , time to make the best of a bad situation is all  

Yeah, I doubt he goes to Utica.  Woudn't be surprised if he develops a mysterious 'condition or injury' that keeps him off the team for a long period of time though.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happened after the RFA's get signed and teams have a better idea of their financial outlook.

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Witch hunt? Seriously? You seem to take comments made on an online sports forum way too seriously, and mistakenly believe that those comments will have any impact on how the situation will actually play out.

Today, the net is an extension of your private, personal life. Everything is open for family, friends, other players etc... It's not as when you guys gather at a party, drunk as hell, and puke at the lowlife playing for the team.

Your complete exoneration of Eriksson, nay....sainthood of Eriksson, is so biased it makes it nearly impossible to have an objective conversation or debate with you about it.

Ok, tell me what I said about Loui and how that is even close to a sainthood/exoneration...  You just give more proof that fans spew $&!# on the net without even trying to read what is written.

Is Loui Eriksson a scheming villainous monster of a player looking to purposely undermine the team to suit his own needs? Of course not.

Is he a player that has played with everything he could muster, shift in and shift out, leaving it all out on the ice? Of course not.

Was he upset about the minutes he was given by Travis Green? Sure

Did he need to share that with an interviewer? Debatable, but in my opinion, it didn't really serve any purpose out of one that seemed self-serving.

Did he move his family to Dallas because he sees a future with the Canucks? I don't think so.

Do you really think his wife and childre thought Vancouver was a warm and friendly place after all the $&!# about the husband/father spill over into real life?

He bears responsibility in the situation as much as any other person involved. That is a fact.

The fact is that Benning should have showed a firm and steady hold of the ship. He didn't... Now, he has said what he should have said as soon as he got a question about Loui.

• Wat 1

17 hours ago, spook007 said:

Sorry Timraafan.... but you just don't get it.

Nobody is blaming the bad contract on Loui. If I had the chance to earn 6mill dollars playing hockey I'd grab it with both hands, despite the fact I can hardly skate.

What I'm saying is, there is far cheaper options within the club than LE at his production level. If Miller drops to 30 point a season as well, or if Myers turns out to be a donkey then I will say the exact same thing about them. 

I hindsight people all agree that Benning should not have signed Eriksson to that contract. And this is one of the few big mistakes in Benning tenure. 

In the world of cap its a numbers game, and Eriksson doesn't add up to his cap hit. 

Regarding who should make the team decisions, I don't think anyone thinks Benning or Green are the slightest bit interested in what the fan base thinks anyway. This is just a discussion forum, where we all put forward our thoughts... :)

I don't have a problem with Louis worth is around 2-3 millions. I only have a problem with the exaggeration. Especially if it gets worse after leading people in management don't know how to protect their assets from getting burnt on the net.

Everything about Canuck players online is a marketing window. When Benning as a GM say the wrong words about Loui(Dahlen) it sends the wrong message to the fans and the $&!# hits the fan. With damage done to the Canuck brand.

Just look at Loui forced to move his family out of Vancouver. Dahlen erased Twitter/Instagram due to hate messages from so called "fans".

This is Bennings fault. He mention the young players regarding Dahlen and that Loui didn't answer.

Nothing much but enough to create an uncontrollable wildfire...

How is it for other players? How many players have been chased out of town

• Wat 1

I don't think people are saying that LE can't play in the NHL.  I think that he is giving us the effort of and production of a 1 or 2 mill. player getting 6 mill. a year.  His worth here is as a 4th liner or even a 13th forward.  I get cheering for your favorite players but to totally disregard what he does on the ice and not making players accountable for what what they say to the media.  The problem is timrafan, you are starting to get rude in what your saying.  The plain fact is Lui has been a major disappointment here in Vancouver and his comments brought all this down.  Also, Jim didn't throw him under the bus.  He said he needed to talk to Lui.  Jim had to make a pubic statement because Lui made a public comment to in a news paper. Maybe it is time to step a way as you won't win this argument in this thread.

• Upvote 1