The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

20 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I don't think people are saying that LE can't play in the NHL.  I think that he is giving us the effort of and production of a 1 or 2 mill. player getting 6 mill. a year.  His worth here is as a 4th liner or even a 13th forward.  I get cheering for your favorite players but to totally disregard what he does on the ice and not making players accountable for what what they say to the media.  The problem is timrafan, you are starting to get rude in what your saying.  The plain fact is Lui has been a major disappointment here in Vancouver and his comments brought all this down.  Also, Jim didn't throw him under the bus.  He said he needed to talk to Lui.  Jim had to make a pubic statement because Lui made a public comment to in a news paper. Maybe it is time to step a way as you won't win this argument in this thread.

No one wins in a discussion on the net... I just continue as long as the ignorance continue.

When have I said Loui is a favourite player of mine? You just keep repeating what ignorant fans talks about, not reality.

Jim Threw Loui under the bus when he didn't say that it was just a clickbait from journalists and defended Loui.

He should also said that we, Loui, Green and Benning don't have any issues/problems...

• Wat 2

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I disagree. The internet is a place where people (CDC being a prime example), can create personas and debate endlessly over subjects that interest them. Sure, everything is potentially open to being examined and criticized, although I'm pretty sure no one is making any comments on Loui's family, outside of the fact that he has a large family and that they've moved.

You defend him every single day against even the most mild criticism. You're bordering on obsessed. You give proof that people are becoming far too sensitive these days.

Do you think that they were constantly listening to sports radio when they lived here? Probably not. I don't think they were experiencing any negative issues from anyone in the city. You conflate these situations to try to build an argument and frankly, it doesn't work. Keep trying though.

Again, with the overreaction to essentially a non story.

I think you nailed it Phil, if thats really your name. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

No one wins in a discussion on the net... I just continue as long as the ignorance continue.

When have I said Loui is a favourite player of mine? You just keep repeating what ignorant fans talks about, not reality.

Jim Threw Loui under the bus when he didn't say that it was just a clickbait from journalists and defended Loui.

He should also said that we, Loui, Green and Benning don't have any issues/problems...

You talk as though LE & JD are some kind of fragile tea cup.  This is the Best Hockey league in the world and whether we like it or not its a results oriented business   And LE just isn't producing and the little things that LE does that makes him valuable, we could get a better bottom 6 forward who is good all the little things for a lot less than 6 Mil.  That would then allow the Canucks to sign who they need to make them a better team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I don't have a problem with Louis worth is around 2-3 millions. I only have a problem with the exaggeration. Especially if it gets worse after leading people in management don't know how to protect their assets from getting burnt on the net.

Everything about Canuck players online is a marketing window. When Benning as a GM say the wrong words about Loui(Dahlen) it sends the wrong message to the fans and the $&!# hits the fan. With damage done to the Canuck brand.

Just look at Loui forced to move his family out of Vancouver. Dahlen erased Twitter/Instagram due to hate messages from so called "fans".

This is Bennings fault. He mention the young players regarding Dahlen and that Loui didn't answer.

Nothing much but enough to create an uncontrollable wildfire...

How is it for other players? How many players have been chased out of town

Ok there's a few things here Timraafan

I'm surprised to see LE being forced to move his family out of Vancouver. Please enlighten me, why he was forced to do so?

And I don'r remember Benning saying anything negative about Dahlen, but I may be wrong on that.

On that note I have zero respect for fans sending hate messages to anyone, and do think if this is the case, this must be a very small minority.

I would have a hard time believing anyone on this board would do such a thing.

However are Benning just supposed to put an arm around LE and Dahlen and let them plug along, to save them for harassment? 

We are back to where we started. Had LE kept his mouth shut none of this would have been an issue.

I guess, I'm old school. But I'm brought up with the old idea that for any action there is a reaction. 

And finally with regards to creating an uncontrollable wildfire... You speak up for Loui just saying the truth, but when Benning does so he starts an uncontrollable wild fire??? You can't have it both ways... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I don't think people are saying that LE can't play in the NHL.  I think that he is giving us the effort of and production of a 1 or 2 mill. player getting 6 mill. a year.  His worth here is as a 4th liner or even a 13th forward.  I get cheering for your favorite players but to totally disregard what he does on the ice and not making players accountable for what what they say to the media.  The problem is timrafan, you are starting to get rude in what your saying.  The plain fact is Lui has been a major disappointment here in Vancouver and his comments brought all this down.  Also, Jim didn't throw him under the bus.  He said he needed to talk to Lui.  Jim had to make a pubic statement because Lui made a public comment to in a news paper. Maybe it is time to step a way as you won't win this argument in this thread.

I am not sure why anyone is even trying to have a discussion with timrafan at this point.

That poster seems like they are just trying to create crap on the thread when everyone knows Loui is a borderline NHL player at this point having to be paid 6 million dollars. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You defend him every single day against even the most mild criticism.

Ok, what is the most mild criticism I've defended? Let's see if you can find any.... Please, don't use any of my answers when I try to explain why I have my opinion. Take only the starting post, the one that shows what I reacted on.

You're bordering on obsessed. You give proof that people are becoming far too sensitive these days.

Ok, so all the fans spewing chit about their own player in multiple threads are not obsessed?

Do you think that they were constantly listening to sports radio when they lived here? Probably not. I don't think they were experiencing any negative issues from anyone in the city. You conflate these situations to try to build an argument and frankly, it doesn't work. Keep trying though.

Again, with the overreaction to essentially a non story. 

If it were a non story the fans here would talk about something else than Loui...

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am not sure why anyone is even trying to have a discussion with timrafan at this point.

This is by far the best post from you ever... B)

I've seen a lot of posters with similar arguments as mine yet it's me you guys talk to. Discuss Loui with the other fans also... Not me.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, what is the most mild criticism I've defended? Let's see if you can find any.... Please, don't use any of my answers when I try to explain why I have my opinion. Take only the starting post, the one that shows what I reacted on.

I'm not interested in playing useless games with you to show you how much you're on Eriksson's (expletive deleted). I'm especially not interested considering you're putting parameters on what quotes can be used. You're delusional and not worth conversing with due to your immense troll silhouette. You will be relegated to gif responses after this post.

Ok, so all the fans spewing chit about their own player in multiple threads are not obsessed?

No.

If it were a non story the fans here would talk about something else than Loui...

I guess this is a good example of you mentioning Eriksson (in a mildly defensive way). Thanks for the example.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm not interested in playing useless games with you to show you how much you're on Eriksson's (expletive deleted). I'm especially not interested considering you're putting parameters on what quotes can be used. You're delusional and not worth conversing with due to your immense troll silhouette. You will be relegated to gif responses after this post.

The best is if you don't answer at all if you don't have anything useful to say...

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I guess this is a good example of you mentioning Eriksson (in a mildly defensive way). Thanks for the example.

Sorry, you just show you don't know what I' m talking about.

• Wat 1

17 minutes ago, goog16 said:

The best is if you don't answer at all if you don't have anything useful to say...

Even better if you don't keep posting especially if YOU don't have anything useful to say. ( reply to Timrafan not you goog16)

Edited by Kootenay Gold
refgerence to wrong poster
  • Cheers 1