StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

On 8/9/2019 at 7:50 PM, Alflives said:

Jake was a young player trying to find his way.  Loui was a proven veteran, who was in a position of leadership.  He is now clearly a distraction, and cannot be back in our room.  

Why do you think the Canuck hockeyplayers are childre?

They are adults and if Loui was a cancer in the dressing room a leader(Horvat) would step up and pour a bucket of cold water on him... Or something worse.

I think you're projecting...

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Why do you think the Canuck hockeyplayers are childre?

They are adults and if Loui was a cancer in the dressing room a leader(Horvat) would step up and pour a bucket of cold water on him... Or something worse.

I think you're projecting...

Come camp Green (and the players too) will be asked a lot of questions about Loui.  That’s a distraction.  

Loui is learning he is no longer an NHL player.  He will retire before the Canucks send him to Utica.  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Come camp Green (and the players too) will be asked a lot of questions about Loui.  That’s a distraction.  

Loui is learning he is no longer an NHL player.  He will retire before the Canucks send him to Utica.  

The questions can also weld the team together...

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

The questions can also weld the team together...

I think we can agree on both sides of this argument that things have been blown way out of proportion. As it was said, this was all stemming from comments LE made mid way through last season. Managment, coach, and player were all working through this issue behind the scenes. It was however LE's agent that made it public, why his agent decided to do that is beyond me. He lit a fire over something that was being worked on in a respectful manner. If anyone is to blame for all this it's his agent. Hopefully things can be mended and he can come back and prove himself, but with the damage done over the summer it will be hard for everyone to get over things. 

As for "welding" a team together, you could be right. If he came back with a good attitude, faced his teamates and says it's in the past and lets move forward, work his tail off and earn his spot on the roster then nobody will have complaints. So it could work if everyone is willing to forgive and forget.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I think we can agree on both sides of this argument that things have been blown way out of proportion. As it was said, this was all stemming from comments LE made mid way through last season. Managment, coach, and player were all working through this issue behind the scenes. It was however LE's agent that made it public, why his agent decided to do that is beyond me. He lit a fire over something that was being worked on in a respectful manner. If anyone is to blame for all this it's his agent. Hopefully things can be mended and he can come back and prove himself, but with the damage done over the summer it will be hard for everyone to get over things. 

As for "welding" a team together, you could be right. If he came back with a good attitude, faced his teamates and says it's in the past and lets move forward, work his tail off and earn his spot on the roster then nobody will have complaints. So it could work if everyone is willing to forgive and forget.

Did Loui’s agent say something publicly before Luoi’s comments to the Swedish reporter at the WHC?  I think Loui said stuff first, and then his agent took up the gauntlet on Loui’s request.  The agent would say anything in public without his client’s direction.  He’d get fired if he took that action without direction, don’t you think?

Just now, Alflives said:

Did Loui’s agent say something publicly before Luoi’s comments to the Swedish reporter at the WHC?  I think Loui said stuff first, and then his agent took up the gauntlet on Loui’s request.  The agent would say anything in public without his client’s direction.  He’d get fired if he took that action without direction, don’t you think?

Yeah, LE said those comments back at the WHC, but it didn't really catch fire till this summer when his agent came out saying it's best for LE not to play in Vancouver anymore. Since then it's come to light that yes indeed the Canucks brass and LE were working on things but it was behind the scenes and away from the spot light. His agent is the one who really lit the fire. I'm sure mostly because working behind the scenes wasn't going to well for them so he decided to add media pressure to the issue...only it made things much worse. At least that's my take on it.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

I disagree with this comment.  He is no longer an Elite player worth 6 million.  But would make atleast the 4th line on most NHL teams.  There have been a lot of people pencilling in Lievo to our lineup that might be a little surprised if he gets waived or traded at the end of camp.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

I disagree with this comment.  He is no longer an Elite player worth 6 million.  But would make atleast the 4th line on most NHL teams.  There have been a lot of people pencilling in Lievo to our lineup that might be a little surprised if he gets waived or traded at the end of camp.

I don’t think Loui plays fast enough, or hard to play against enough to play on any NHL team.  He’s gotten old.  He’s slow, weak, and lost his hands.  He’s never been a hard to play against guy, so how could he play on a fourth line?  This talk that Loui is great defensively and on the PK is propaganda too.  He’s slow, and weak.  That is not an NHL player. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Loui plays fast enough, or hard to play against enough to play on any NHL team.  He’s gotten old.  He’s slow, weak, and lost his hands.  He’s never been a hard to play against guy, so how could he play on a fourth line?  This talk that Loui is great defensively and on the PK is propaganda too.  He’s slow, and weak.  That is not an NHL player. 

Exactly.  Plus, how many locker room cancers find employment as a 4th liner?  When you're that far down the depth chart, you keep your stupid mouth shut and don't complain about any icetime you're lucky enough to get.  Black Aces who whine about their role don't stay in the league.  See Prust, Brandon.

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, smithers joe said:

if the coach and gm forgive louie’s comments, than the fans and media, should just let it go. i’m sure louie is liked by the players and coaches. he is frustrated and it  unfortunately came out and spread. i say, give louie a chance to right the ship. 

IMO any player who makes the NHL should be respected. Ericksson will get his shot like every other player this fall as camp begins. My take on Ericksson is more about his age and where he fits versus younger players who might not be at the same level as Ericksson but need the TOI to develop. It is all about where the team will be in 2 - 3 years versus play this season. Ericksson will not be on the next serious Canuck CUP contender. Unless he comes out of camp on fire I am prepared to cut him loose. Based on a decent season I would move him at the TDL if he is still here. Time is not a friend to any athlete. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

i think louie comes, if he isn’t moved and gives what he can give. it may not be enough and more decisions will have to be made.  i just don’t like louie, painted as a bad person. his skills aren’t as good as they were, but being a proud person, he may not see himself as having lost a step.  we all reach the point in our lives. what ever the future for louie is, i wish him well. 

I am not a huge fan of his either and I see him as a declining player with little value left to our team but he may be what another team need as either a depth player or a secondary scorer where they have the ice time to get the most out of him. For us we have better options now. It doesnt make him a bad guy but i do question his efforts on some nights. Why does every picture of Loui look like he just had a hit of some BC bud?

• Haha 1

I don't believe Eriksson will be back with the Canucks. Too much damage (distractions) already. They have young impressionable stars in waiting, and management won't want that negativity lingering. Plus, there's a lot of competition for him now to even make the team. I think he's at his home in Dallas, staying away from the attention here, and he may even be contemplating retirement. He is 34 with deteriorating skills.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Tom Brady says hi :bigblush:

Aliens don't count wadr 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, Alflives said:

Okay, Loui is trying his hardest.  Then he’s definitely done.  He’s slow, weak, and his hands are gone.  No team wants him, as evidenced by no trade happening.  Loui is learning the hardest lesson for a once top player; his career is over.

When he first got here Loui would get the occasional breakaway; sometimes he'd work a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 really nicely.  He was a top 6 player for sure, looked good on pp and with the Sedins as well.   I cannot remember the last time he had some space around himself and a real decent chance to score.  Never breakaways and his work with other players seems never to involve the primary assist anymore.  I agree with Alf: I think he may be done.   There is a reason that his few fans here last year praised his defensive work and his skills on the pk: these last longer than offensive skills. 

Edited by gameburn

I'm going to risk getting my ass handed to me here, but.... I'm going to predict that if -- IF -- LE hangs on to a role here this year, he bags 20 goals. Pass the dutchie....

Edited by Disgruntler
  • Haha 1