The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

What a bunch of drama queens... It's like watching a reality soap opera. 

Do you guys have a Wifes in Vancouver-soap to be inspired of? 

The only queen I know is your countryman, "Louise Eriksson". He skates as if he's participating in Disney on Ice. :emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, King Heffy said:

There is no reason we'd have to play him when he's sent to Utica.  Let him rot in the press box down there and show the kids what happens to a useless bum who refuses to act like a professional and put in an acceptable effort.

Sad to think that things may have come to this point for Eriksson.  But your idea is not without merit.  After all, what ARE the Canucks going to do with him?  You hear of Taylor Hall being available for teams with the cap room... lol... he'd be mighty handy on this team, vs. LE.  If only we had the cap space.

What do you think of the "Kovalchuck solution" that's been implemented in LA.  We hear today that Kovalchuck will be permitted to train/practice with the team, but will not play "for the foreseeable future."  This is on a pretty bad LA team, so...

Try the same with LE?  Sit him indefinitely, making clear to everyone that he "he will not play in the foreseeable future."?  

They are inviting Kovachuck to return to the KHL or retire even.

6 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Sad to think that things may have come to this point for Eriksson.  But your idea is not without merit.  After all, what ARE the Canucks going to do with him?  You hear of Taylor Hall being available for teams with the cap room... lol... he'd be mighty handy on this team, vs. LE.  If only we had the cap space.

What do you think of the "Kovalchuck solution" that's been implemented in LA.  We hear today that Kovalchuck will be permitted to train/practice with the team, but will not play "for the foreseeable future."  This is on a pretty bad LA team, so...

Try the same with LE?  Sit him indefinitely, making clear to everyone that he "he will not play in the foreseeable future."?  

They are inviting Kovachuck to return to the KHL or retire even.

I'd do that, with the caveat that the training/practicing will be with the Comets. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Prefer we just loan him to the Stars AHL affiliate. Does right by the player and gets him further out of the way :lol:

Yeah, but they might be desperate enough to play him.  LE has done nothing to deserve any favours.  Would rather just let him rot in Utica's press box and stick him with the roommate no one else wants on the road.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, but they might be desperate enough to play him.  LE has done nothing to deserve any favours.  Would rather just let him rot in Utica's press box and stick him with the roommate no one else wants on the road.

Honestly, you talk as though Eriksson is a jerk to everyone and beats his wife. The guy hasn't played well. Doesn't mean we have to inflict every poison on him imaginable to make his life miserable.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, you talk as though Eriksson is a jerk to everyone and beats his wife. The guy hasn't played well. Doesn't mean we have to inflict every poison on him imaginable to make his life miserable.

Let's be honest, his wife would probably beat the living hell out of him.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I don't know what the NHL is going to do about players who come nowhere near meeting their contractual obligations -- all this in the age of the cap.  This isn't 2001 anymore.  There should be some kind of arrangement where either side can get out of a contract with a much less severe penalty. Perhaps limiting a buy-out for a 12-month period?  Not sure.  Some kind of severance pay arrangement?  There has to be a better way.

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

I don't know what the NHL is going to do about players who come nowhere near meeting their contractual obligations -- all this in the age of the cap.  This isn't 2001 anymore.  There should be some kind of arrangement where either side can get out of a contract with a much less severe penalty. Perhaps limiting a buy-out for a 12-month period?  Not sure.  Some kind of severance pay arrangement?  There has to be a better way.

The question would be about how to define the precise point at which a player is officially "nowhere near meeting their contractual obligations". I suppose you could do something akin to player bonuses, but in reverse in a sort of way, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

The question would be about how to define the precise point at which a player is officially "nowhere near meeting their contractual obligations". I suppose you could do something akin to player bonuses, but in reverse in a sort of way, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

I am of the view -- an older man talking here lol -- that "normal" things are the way to go.  Forget, e.g., impeachment for Trump, normal justice is better.  Forget rich man's health care if you are Michaeal Jackson, normal health care is better.  And here: forget special legal contracts and CBAs, normal unions and normal jobs are good enough.

Have a base rate of pay, include bonuses for performance, maybe cut players in on profit sharing.  Renew contracts every 2 years, something like that.  Boring, but it works for the rest of us lol!  Obviously, the numbers would have a few more zeroes at the end of them than our contracts.  Probably guarantee good pensions for a player even if they only play a year... some way to relax a bit and get the most out of players, teams, etc.  The salary cap thing contradicts free agency, is out of touch with how hockey works and doesn't seem to take into account the real differences between cities like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, New York and Boston (who support hockey) and the other 1/3rd to half who don't really care. 

Lately, because of Alphonso Davies, I have been following Bayern Munich.  Do you know the Bundesliga has what's known as the 50% plus one rule.  Requires all teams in Germany to be 51% owned by the local fans!!!  No corporations or billionaires controlling the team.  The good side: fans that support their teams can afford to pay for the players, including bringing in Davies for big transfer money.  The down side: poorer clubs have a hard time competing with Bayern, Dortmund and Dusseldorf, the city fan-bases that have the big money.  Bayern Munich has had years straight of sell out attendance at the Allianz stadium.  The stadium holds 72,000 people!!!  They fans pay half to 1/3 what we pay to see a hockey game, but still have revenues many many times what NHL teams have.   I don't know if it would work in Hockey, but it would be worth looking into.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gameburn said:

The long term CAP penalty was put in to penalize teams that made poor decisions signing players long term. IMHO the Rangers were classic perps in this. Rich teams that could write off bad contracts and target younger players with equally high pay rates. Do away with this protection and Canadian teams and poorer USA teams would be penalized in a major way.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

How did Luoi play last night? 

How involved was he? 1 blocked shot in just over 8 minutes of play plus he got hammered Josi on a nice hit. 

When did travis Green start playing this guy again? I'm not sure but  I must say the entire team dynamic changes. 

You get a useless line.  

This reminds me of playing Chris Higgins well past his due date. Hoping somehow he'd regain his legs and hands, he didn't. Higgins was well worth his salt until his due date expired. Wasn't his fault the coaches kept playing him. Was WD his last coach in Vancouver? I can't remember. Can't say that about Luoi. 

Now there's injures will they have the guts to sit this dud and live a younger players growth mistakes? Hell he only played just over 8 minutes last night. Marginal time that could be distributed to another player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aqua59 said:

How did Luoi play last night? 

How involved was he? 1 blocked shot in just over 8 minutes of play plus he got hammered Josi on a nice hit. 

When did travis Green start playing this guy again? I'm not sure but  I must say the entire team dynamic changes. 

You get a useless line.  

This reminds me of playing Chris Higgins well past his due date. Hoping somehow he'd regain his legs and hands, he didn't. Higgins was well worth his salt until his due date expired. Wasn't his fault the coaches kept playing him. Was WD his last coach in Vancouver? I can't remember. Can't say that about Luoi. 

Now there's injures will they have the guts to sit this dud and live a younger players growth mistakes? Hell he only played just over 8 minutes last night. Marginal time that could be distributed to another player. 

I don't want to add to the hate wagon for Loui, but I agree its time to move on and think the Higgy comp is a good one. Much like Higgy, I think Loui is giving his best. Which makes it all the more disappointing.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't want to add to the hate wagon for Loui, but I agree its time to move on and think the Higgy comp is a good one. Much like Higgy, I think Loui is giving his best. Which makes it all the more disappointing.  

Doubt it.  Higgy also had the class to not complain about his coach, unlike our $6 million floater.  Reporters love LE because he doesn't even need a shower after a game though.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Doubt it.  Higgy also had the class to not complain about his coach, unlike our $6 million floater.  Reporters love LE because he doesn't even need a shower after a game though.

The saddest thing with LE is he was respected as a top NHL player back home is Sweden.  He’s turning into an old man who is ruining his legacy back home.  

We owed Matts Sundin 10 million for just one more season, but he chose instead to retire, because he didn’t want to ruin his legacy.  I still believe LE cares about his legacy and will retire in July 2020

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1