The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Maybe, but I haven't seen coach Green use his players well. So I can't say anything about Loui unless he get a coach that knows how to utilize his assets. 

I'm certainly no Green fan, but this is a discussion about Loui, and most other players on the team have at least shown us something. Loui has shown literally nothing.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'm very much against bullying that affects the team. 

Then I haven't seen any good stuff from Green either so I can't say anything about Loui  with green as coach. 

I rather see our players win games without the luck parimeter. 

See today's power play.No win without it. Not flukey. I'd rather see this team no matter how they play. Just win. 

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm certainly no Green fan, but this is a discussion about Loui, and most other players on the team have at least shown us something. Loui has shown literally nothing.

He wasn't bad today except for those that wants him to block every shot he can. I want him to control the area so Marky can save some easy shots. 

36 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If the standard for a player is that he "wasn't bad", that's a problem. 

He was visible today wich is a +. 

You have a lot of players that can't handle the speed. Why single out Loui wich hasn't had any oppurtunity this season to show anything. 

I remember one game when he rushed off the ice as if Green was ready to spank his ass if he stayed longer than 10 seconds... 

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You have a lot of players that can't handle the speed. Why single out Loui wich hasn't had any oppurtunity this season to show anything. 

I remember one game when he rushed off the ice as if Green was ready to spank his ass if he stayed longer than 10 seconds... 

He's been visibly terrible the whole year.  Green wanted him off the ice because he wanted to replace him with an actual NHL player.  Eriksson has done literally nothing to suggest he should be permitted to waste yet more ice time.   He's had numerous opportunities, and has shown himself to be a useless floater every single time.  Why reward laziness with yet more undeserved playing time?\

I will not stop calling out this worthless bum until the organization does what is necessary and gets him out of town.  Eriksson is the biggest disgrace to the Canucks uniform since Messier.  As such, he is simply not welcome here.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

He's had plenty of opportunities, going back to when he was first signed. He's had the opportunity to play with the Sedins, Horvat and Pettersson and accomplished nothing. He's failed under two different coaches now, so you can't blame it on Green. Why should he be gifted "opportunity" when he hasn't done a damn thing to earn it? A guy like Gaudette wasn't gifted any opportunity. He came into training camp, busted his ass, earned it, and now has 8 points in 13 games despite only averaging 12 minutes of ice time a night. 

Eriksson has been a disgrace to the uniform since the first time he put it on. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Borvat said:

Dahlen wasn't good enough and may never be.  Don't blame everyone else because he was too immature to deal with it.  That's what he did and now he is in Sweden and may have hurt his chances if he did want to return.

Again, I'm talking about how Benning and Uticas coaches handled the issue. Not because it's Dahlen or how good or bad he is on the ice... The Dahlen case was badly addresed by managemen wich mean it can happen to orher prospects/players. See the big picture. 

Loui isn't suitable for the new NHL.  My concern is he is causing the team that paid him to perform (which he isn't/can't) cap problems instead of paying players who can perform and deserve to play.

And? So if the GM and coach make bad decisions it's the players fault? Very strange... I doubt any male, testosteron filled poster here would give up his salary just for the sake of it. I think it's the opposite. That person would get to court to get what he agreed on but when it comes to Loui, Loui should give away millions agreed. 

A buyout is almost the only option available but Loui might retire after the bonus after this season as some say. 

By the way, is the new NHL filled with high speed, sloppy passes and lots of breakaways? 

He isn't relaxed?  He is competitive - he has never looked relaxed.  94 points in 94 games.  Does McDavid ever look relaxed?  Crosby?  

Smashed the record books?  What are you even trying to say? So if TG played him on wing he would have broken all the records for rookie players and then would be groomed to be a dominant center?  Do you read what you have typed before you hit submit?

Well, Petey is young and could have a more relaxed position til 24, with more muscles, and then spend 10 years as a 1st center. Why speed it up? 

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You bought into Erikssons excuses,.  Your not eye to eye with his Coach either.    I go off level of play, Eriksson has had 3 years of opportunity, he is supposed to be elite, and bring his game for a team to play with... he has proved to be less than all of that and not worthy of holding a position in the NHL.

Careers end for many reasons..  but this is a player that would rather not retire gracefully..  he would rather stay to collect money whilst offering a disgraceful level of work for the big money he signed for..

there’s something wrong with that.

If a contractor is paid to build your home,.  and he puts up one wall and leaves.   

Would you continue to pay him?

Would you ask for the total amount you paid him for the job back, minus the one wall?

Would you actually pay him the full amount of the contract for one wall?

To me ,  situations like this in sports should be as arbitrary for the franchise paying the player,. as they are for a player looking for a fair contract for his work.

Talk to Benning instead of me. If I was the contractor I wouldn't hire Loui from the start for 6 mill. That is on Benning, not Loui. 

It's Benning doing the cap calculation so why should the players take the cap as one of their responsibilities. 

Now Benning should know that he shouldn't pay too much for players that he should know doesn't fit dump and chase... 

15 hours ago, aqua59 said:

See today's power play.No win without it. Not flukey. I'd rather see this team no matter how they play. Just win. 

The Caps had better chances and we rode the luck with a few crossbars. So we had a lot of luck. Remember Eller... 

With this speed very few teams control the play and a lot of mistakes happen. So luck is the key ingredient.

Loui doesn't fit this style of play so why blame him? Just go with the flow and let the coaches/Benning decide who plays and then we cheer the team independent who plays. 

This constant bickering about Loui is quite embarressing. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1

Loui doesn't fit this style of play so why blame him?

While I seldom agree with a lot of what you have said about Loui, both of these statements are valid IMO. He does not fit the style of play and that is not entirely on him. The big issue going forward is what to do with him. His contract is a huge impediment to finding him another team that might take him. Waiving him and sending him to Utica, if he clears, which is almost a certainty, is the most likely scenario. Another possibility is a mutual agreement to terminate the contract but it seems that Loui or his agent are reluctant to do that. I do not see any other options for him and with a number of players set to return from injury, his days on the team seem very numbered.

The Caps had better chances and we rode the luck with a few crossbars. So we had a lot of luck. Remember Eller... 

With this speed very few teams control the play and a lot of mistakes happen. So luck is the key ingredient.

Loui doesn't fit this style of play so why blame him? Just go with the flow and let the coaches/Benning decide who plays and then we cheer the team independent who plays. 

Loui is an embarrassing 6 million dollar option.

He doesn't fit this style of play?

He was signed as a top six forward that produced goals and assists. Garbage goals. He's played with the best possible players that would make one successful. The Sedins.

The Sedins gave success to some pretty average wingers before Burrows finally clicked. 

Then he's played with everyone else.

He had a coaching change which would indicate playing style change. 

He's played up and down the line and held his own defensively, his only real asset right now. 

He lost his shot, he lost his hands and he lost his speed  while the game got faster and he got older. None of us can control the unpredictable speed  of father time when it comes to sports.

What style of play are you alluding to? I'm not sure there is a style left out there for Loui in the NHL at present. 

The rest of the league knows hes out there and would have worked something out if there was value in his play. His contract offers no value. 

We'll all been watching this train wreck for a while now with no end of track in sight. 

Remember he'd not be playing if others weren't injured. 

And yes there was a lot of luck... both ways. There always is.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Talk to Benning instead of me. If I was the contractor I wouldn't hire Loui from the start for 6 mill. That is on Benning, not Loui. 

It's Benning doing the cap calculation so why should the players take the cap as one of their responsibilities. 

Now Benning should know that he shouldn't pay too much for players that he should know doesn't fit dump and chase... 

Not about Benning,.  Not about the Cap,.  It’s about a player earning what he’s been contracted to do..  at least to an average set of stats.   Eriksson comes up zeros every time.

In comparison ,. Ilya Kovalchuck has been told he is out in LA.  ... yet to the date of his last game this season he has put up .5 pts per game for the past 2 seasons.

Obviously , Eriksson is sitting back and waiting for a buyout , when ever that can occur..  but it won’t be soon enough.

LE has become a plug in our pipeline of prospects who earn the opportunity to get a string of games to play..

in the meantime, Your favorited player is sitting on his “privileged rights” in a contract he can not fulfill, and never will to any level of play.  

He has made himself a privileged player that does nothing.

Ps. Waldo with a white cane looks better defensively than Eriksson.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

It was mentioned here or in the trade-thread. Not by me but from one poster who knew how Loui played before in Boston and maybe Dallas. 

If you have a lot of spare time you can have some fun... :bigblush:

You post the same way Eriksson plays,.  
No effort .

We all saw Eriksson play with other teams,. It’s not hard to visit you tube and dig up anything...  He is not the player he was.

His game has gone.. the game Today is at a high speed that he can’t catchup to , or track.

He should be able to track, but he avoids physical play, see he won’t.

No Effort.  Easy Money. Floater... the guy can’t even chirp a game.. just eyeballs the clock to see when his 30 sec mark is and look for his exit off to the bench.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You post the same way Eriksson plays,.  
No effort .

We all saw Eriksson play with other teams,. It’s not hard to visit you tube and dig up anything...  He is not the player he was.

His game has gone.. the game Today is at a high speed that he can’t catchup to , or track.

He should be able to track, but he avoids physical play, see he won’t.

No Effort.  Easy Money. Floater... the guy can’t even chirp a game.. just eyeballs the clock to see when his 30 sec mark is and look for his exit off to the bench.

I think it's you that need the white cane. Loui managed to do some good last game. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3