The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

18 hours ago, smithers joe said:

louie will be here until JB  decides what to do. i don’t think, what the fans want even enters his thinking.  thankful we only have one gm. 

No, but you can be damn sure Green's does.

Can't see Green ok'ing Motte or Schaller waived, and likely lost ,over Eriksson if everyone's indeed healthy.

That said, Ferland seemingly having turned to glass might be enough to keep him as 14th F for now.

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No, but you can be damn sure Green's does.

Can't see Green ok'ing Motte or Schaller waived, and likely lost ,over Eriksson if everyone's indeed healthy.

That said, Ferland seemingly having turned to glass might be enough to keep him as 14th F for now.

well if your talking to green or benning and they tell you why he isn’t waved, please let us know, better to know the truth than beat a dead horse?

• Haha 1

Just now, smithers joe said:

well if your talking to green or benning and they tell you why he isn’t waved, please let us know, better to know the truth than beat a dead horse?

Oh I know why he hasn't been waived yet. No need to talk to Green or Benning, it's clearly injuries. We haven't had a healthy roster from day one and it's allowed space to carry LE as a depth, NHL capable, spare and keep him from riding buses in Utica.

If we ever get healthy (not remotely a given...just look at Ferland, injured again) and with the won't-be-denied addition of Gaudette to that depth, there's zero chance they waive either Motte or Schaller to keep Loui up.

But if there's a guy or two injured the rest of the year, he'll likely still be here.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Oh I know why he hasn't been waived yet. No need to talk to Green or Benning, it's clearly injuries. We haven't had a healthy roster from day one and it's allowed space to carry LE as a depth, NHL capable, spare and keep him from riding buses in Utica.

If we ever get healthy (not remotely a given...just look at Ferland, injured again) and with the won't-be-denied addition of Gaudette to that depth, there's zero chance they waive either Motte or Schaller to keep Loui up.

But if there's a guy or two injured the rest of the year, he'll likely still be here.

running with 7 d also makes this possible. I do recall someone predicting that earlier this year..... :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

running with 7 d also makes this possible. I do recall someone predicting that earlier this year..... :ph34r:

It does :lol:

Can't say I agree with that either but thus far it's worked out ok. Benn being able to play both sides likely helps.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

It does :lol:

Can't say I agree with that either but thus far it's worked out ok. Benn being able to play both sides likely helps.

i didn't think they'd go with 7 this long, but so far its worked out. 

Man, Loui's free agent year, what a turd for so many teams. So  far the only team thats benefitted is Edmonton by getting Neal. Where's our Calgary, huh? why can't we find a team like that to take Loui? :P

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i didn't think they'd go with 7 this long, but so far its worked out. 

Man, Loui's free agent year, what a turd for so many teams. So  far the only team thats benefitted is Edmonton by getting Neal. Where's our Calgary, huh? why can't we find a team like that to take Loui? :P

If it wasn't for the extra year, I'd happily do a Ladd exchange.

I tell you guys

I believe there is an agreement in place to keep Eriksson up this year, and he will retire after he has been given is July bonus

Think about it this way, he is still a usable bench warmer at this point, so there is little difference to the team whether it is him or someone else

I think this is the cleanest, least expensive way to save future cap

Bottom line Eriksson retires after he get his 4 million dollar bonus

Actually @Jimmy McGill, I wonder if LAK would consider a Brown swap for Eriksson + a prospect or two.

Same contact expiry but Brown's at least a semi productive, physical, 0.5'ish PPG player who could slot in to our middle 6. Might even be a good fit with Horvat.

Eriksson + Goldobin + Lockwood +...

Edited by aGENT

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Actually @Jimmy McGill, I wonder if LAK would consider a Brown swap for Eriksson + a prospect or two.

Same contact expiry but Brown's at least a semi productive, physical, 0.5'ish PPG player who could slot in to our middle 6. Might even be a good fit with Horvat.

Brown would look better than a Ferland who can't play.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I'd be happy with that

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

Better luck winning the 649

No way LA trade their 2 time Cup winning Captain for that package. No matter he's not the captain now or the player he once was.

No bonuses on his contract, 4 mill per yr next 2 yrs. LE has 4 mill in bonuses alone. 

IF they want to get rid of Brown badly they would send him to a contender and eat cap. They'd never treat a 2 time Cup captain in a bad way. 

I think he retires a King. He's not going anywhere. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Better luck winning the 649

No way LA trade their 2 time Cup winning Captain for that package. No matter he's not the captain now or the player he once was.

No bonuses on his contract, 4 mill per yr next 2 yrs. LE has 4 mill in bonuses alone. 

IF they want to get rid of Brown badly they would send him to a contender and eat cap. They'd never treat a 2 time Cup captain in a bad way. 

I think he retires a King. He's not going anywhere. 

I didn't actually specify a final package.

Brown's owed more actual cash.

Sending him to a team on the rise for a shot at playoffs is 'treating him badly'?

LAK's are rebuilding. I agree he likely does retire a King (was just spit-balling) but the Kings need rebuild assets. Turning Brown in to some of those assets is not entirely out of left field.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I didn't actually specify a final package.

Brown's owed more actual cash.

Sending him to a team on the rise for a shot at playoffs is 'treating him badly'?

LAK's are rebuilding. I agree he likely does retire a King (was just spit-balling) but the Kings need rebuild assets. Turning Brown in to some of those assets is not entirely out of left field.

You specified Eriksson + Goldobin + Lockwood...

Brown owed 4 mill per yr next 2 seasons. LE same.. but out of that 8 mill each LE owed 4 mill in bonuses up front.. meaning Brown can be bought out for 5.33 mill.... LE buy out would be for around 6.66 mill actual dollars....

what good would LE do for them. At least Brown can be a 3rs line leader cup winner captain for their youth. 

you would have to give up a 1st and a very good prospect to get rid of LE. ie Madden + 1st

like TML paid 1st for 1 yr of Marleau.  LE has 2 more yrs after this one. And CAR wanted Marleau to play for them. 

LA already stuck with Kovy like we are with LE

edit

I think LE takes his 3 mill signing bonus next July 1st and retires or comes down with a mysterious injury or illness next summer so he can be placed on LTIR for remaining 2 yrs of his contract. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

You specified Eriksson + Goldobin + Lockwood...

Brown owed 4 mill per yr next 2 seasons. LE same.. but out of that 8 mill each LE owed 4 mill in bonuses up front.. meaning Brown can be bought out for 5.33 mill.... LE buy out would be for around 6.66 mill actual dollars....

what good would LE do for them. At least Brown can be a 3rs line leader cup winner captain for their youth. 

you would have to give up a 1st and a very good prospect to get rid of LE. ie Madden + 1st

like TML paid 1st for 1 yr of Marleau.  LE has 2 more yrs after this one. And CAR wanted Marleau to play for them. 

LA already stuck with Kovy like we are with LE

edit

I think LE takes his 3 mill signing bonus next July 1st and retires or comes down with a mysterious injury or illness next summer so he can be placed on LTIR for remaining 2 yrs of his contract. 

You're dropping a '+' and a '?' from what I 'specified'.

LE's salary is only $1m salary this year. Brown's is $5.5. Just for easy math, if they got traded at the half way point, that would be $500k for Loui and $2.75m for Brown. AKA a $2.25m actual cash savings for LAK.

If the trade happens after LE's bonus this summer, he'd only be owed $5m over 2 years vs Brown's $8m. That's a $3m savings for them.

Like I said, they'd save money. While adding rebuild assets.

I'd be thrilled if LE took his bonus and retired. That may be wishful thinking though. And if it doesn't happen, I'd suggest this is a decent alternative.