The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

You specified Eriksson + Goldobin + Lockwood...

Brown owed 4 mill per yr next 2 seasons. LE same.. but out of that 8 mill each LE owed 4 mill in bonuses up front.. meaning Brown can be bought out for 5.33 mill.... LE buy out would be for around 6.66 mill actual dollars....

what good would LE do for them. At least Brown can be a 3rs line leader cup winner captain for their youth. 

you would have to give up a 1st and a very good prospect to get rid of LE. ie Madden + 1st

like TML paid 1st for 1 yr of Marleau.  LE has 2 more yrs after this one. And CAR wanted Marleau to play for them. 

LA already stuck with Kovy like we are with LE

edit

I think LE takes his 3 mill signing bonus next July 1st and retires or comes down with a mysterious injury or illness next summer so he can be placed on LTIR for remaining 2 yrs of his contract. 

Does the NHL have their own doctors who verify LTIR status?

22 hours ago, aGENT said:

Oh I know why he hasn't been waived yet. No need to talk to Green or Benning, it's clearly injuries. We haven't had a healthy roster from day one and it's allowed space to carry LE as a depth, NHL capable, spare and keep him from riding buses in Utica.

If we ever get healthy (not remotely a given...just look at Ferland, injured again) and with the won't-be-denied addition of Gaudette to that depth, there's zero chance they waive either Motte or Schaller to keep Loui up.

But if there's a guy or two injured the rest of the year, he'll likely still be here.

you might be right but we don’t know that for sure. all i’m saying is, there may be more behind the decision to not wave him. whatever it might be, we are not privy to it.  i think JB and TG are capable of making decisions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

you might be right but we don’t know that for sure. all i’m saying is, there may be more behind the decision to not wave him. whatever it might be, we are not privy to it.  i think JB and TG are capable of making decisions. 

As do I.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, gameburn said:

A counter-example would be Datsyk.  Great player, great legacy -- but tarnished by taking a year's free money (and cap hit) when he left Detroit to "retire" in Russia.

Some players lack class. 

We'll see what happens with LE soon enough, as Roussel is close to coming back and some of those Utica wannabes look like they could fill in for LE in a heartbeat.  Time to "Kovalchuk" him, perhaps. (Let him practice with the team but make it clear he won't be playing in any circumstance.)  After his comments in the summer, I think the team will get no flak if they deal with him in a matter of fact way.  

There are so many things that can make an older, aging player viable -- up to a certain point -- but LE doesn't seem to be willing to do any of them, imo.  He has not had 2 good shifts in a row this season or pre-season.  Hardly any good shifts at all.  To think that Gaudette was sat and this guy played instead a couple of times this season.  Amazing.

I will be very surprised if he is still getting any ice time at all after Christmas.  I think he will be waived in a few weeks and Utica will put him in the pressbox or perhaps see if he can agree to do some coaching?  

Comparisons with Higgins are somehow both accurate and unfair.  Higgins never lacked class.  The guy is still good for the team today.  Can't see LE having this status.  Higgins came from other teams as well, not like he was drafted and developed here like Burrows or Bieksa.  Makes him even more admirable imo. 

Excuse me what? Datsyuk in no way tarnished his legacy. He left to spend time with his daughter. Who begged him not to return to the NHL. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/12/2019 at 8:26 AM, smithers joe said:

I would probably say JP Barry being his agent is one.

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Not sure if this video has made it's rounds on CDC yet but it's a gooder.

https://streamable.com/dpwae

I didn't listen with sound, but from the visual, it really seemed like the guy was straight up bullying Loui. If so, then that's honestly terrible. Amazing how people can justify treating people like garbage because of something so petty as performance in hockey. It's like watching the guy on TV somehow makes people forget that he's a human with a life. He's a husband, a father, and a son, yet it seems like people are desperate to ridicule him as though he's subhuman or something. I have no problems with complaining about his play (he's been horrible this year), but to make personal attacks based on play always crosses the line IMO.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I didn't listen with sound, but from the visual, it really seemed like the guy was straight up bullying Loui. If so, then that's honestly terrible. Amazing how people can justify treating people like garbage because of something so petty as performance in hockey. It's like watching the guy on TV somehow makes people forget that he's a human with a life. He's a husband, a father, and a son, yet it seems like people are desperate to ridicule him as though he's subhuman or something. I have no problems with complaining about his play (he's been horrible this year), but to make personal attacks based on play always crosses the line IMO.

That guy yelling is a total low life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Jeezuz..  some people are really F’d up.

It Seems sports is just an outlet for hooligans to feel entitled.

what a piece of garbage that idiot is.   feel bad for Ericksson that he had to endure this piece of @#$%

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

what a piece of garbage that idiot is.   feel bad for Ericksson that he had to endure this piece of @#$%

I don't want to click on the link and give the person the satisfaction - whats the general gist of the vid? 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't want to click on the link and give the person the satisfaction - whats the general gist of the vid? 

Just an absolute in the face fan screaming a sarcastic call down.

looked like LE just pulled out of secure private parking below Rogers, and exiting into street.

Probably best that they guardrail that area, next the idiots that are into this will get violent.

its just embarrassing Jimmy, didn’t catch anything vile. It’s over the top though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just an absolute in the face fan screaming a sarcastic call down.

looked like LE just pulled out of secure private parking below Rogers, and exiting into street.

Probably best that they guardrail that area, next the idiots that are into this will get violent.

its just embarrassing Jimmy, didn’t catch anything vile. It’s over the top though.

what an asshole. But not surprising given the over the top hate for the guy. 

• Upvote 1