The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It’s up to Loui,.  Nobody else.  It’s a clause in his contract.

At least Kovalchuck was man enough to terminate his contract...  more notable about IK’s situation, is that he has been a consistent .5ppg player last season under Desjardins, and this season in 16? games.

I think its only a 15 Team modified NTC next starting next year..

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

As much as we all dislike his play. He saved a goal yesterday and showed hustle to get back

With some CAP retention maybe JB can pull a trade off by the TDL. Ericksson does have playoff experience for a team with injuries going into CUP play. 

5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

As much as we all dislike his play. He saved a goal yesterday and showed hustle to get back

Make no mistake, Markstrom saved that goal!

Some  LTIR from Eriksson if he did get hurt would not hurt the team

Edited by Mackcanuck

If Jim Benning and Loui Eriksson sat down at the end of last season, and Benning would have said that he was looking to buyout Loui Eriksson, that buy out would have look like this for Loui...……..

2019-2020 season...…….1 M salary + 4 M Bonus = 5M

2020-2021 season...…….1 M salary + 3 M Bonus = 4M

2021-2022 season...…….3 M salary + 1 M Bonus = 4M

Total  = 13M

Loui Would have gotten 2/3 of that money...Total = 8.60 Million

But the Canucks would have gotten very little cap relief

Now if, Jim and Loui agreed to keep Loui on the big club and not send him down to Utica, where we would have gotten cap relief, and Loui would get his full pay, but Loui would have rode the buses for 3 years. Something I do not think Loui would want to do, so they struck a deal, knowing all the facts in front of him...…...

Loui would agree to stay this year (2019-2020) , and get his 5 Million and then retire after his 2020-2021 (3 million bonus) was paid, at which time Loui's contract would be bought out, and Loui could go on to play KHL or SHL for what ever moneys he wanted

The kicker for Benning would be that the Canucks would get full Cap Relief from the 6 Million per year for the remaining 2 years

The twist could be that the Benning and the Canucks ran this past Bettmen, and he agree to it, if the Canucks would accept their Luongo capture Penalty, without complaint

making the NHL look strong.

Win/Win/Win

Anyone else think it is plausible?

So two quality efforts in a row with Loui and Bo together... who would have ever predicted they'd play well together.... :ph34r:

great shut down effort against PITS and and 3 shots on Edmonton last night. 

Not saying its going to last, but if it did, a resurgent Loui on Bo's wing would be as good as a trade if he could somehow produce 20 points out of that spot in the 2nd 1/2 of the season. High hopes I know but with our roster and cap situation there aren't many options.

I do wonder whats going to happen if/when Ferland and Sutter get healthy. If Loui is still clicking with Bo do you break that up? 

32 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

This guy has a marginal, open net scoring game and people are happy for him? Hell has he ever had a good game for the Canucks?

For all the crap he takes, it's nice to see him be rewarded for what was a decent game that he did have. Being sat out for a large part of the season, getting dropped into the lineup and playing shutdown against a couple of premier players in the league, which along with his line did and generated offense to boot. We all want Loui to earn his contract, but I can only speak for myself, I appreciate a good game and want to see the players (who are human after all) happy. I'm sure his teammates are happy as hell for him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

For all the crap he takes, it's nice to see him be rewarded for what was a decent game that he did have. Being sat out for a large part of the season, getting dropped into the lineup and playing shutdown against a couple of premier players in the league, which along with his line did and generated offense to boot. We all want Loui to earn his contract, but I can only speak for myself, I appreciate a good game and want to see the players (who are human after all) happy. I'm sure his teammates are happy as hell for him.

It seemed they were. The players see loui as a Canuck and treat him as one..

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So two quality efforts in a row with Loui and Bo together... who would have ever predicted they'd play well together.... :ph34r:

great shut down effort against PITS and and 3 shots on Edmonton last night. 

Not saying its going to last, but if it did, a resurgent Loui on Bo's wing would be as good as a trade if he could somehow produce 20 points out of that spot in the 2nd 1/2 of the season. High hopes I know but with our roster and cap situation there aren't many options.

I do wonder whats going to happen if/when Ferland and Sutter get healthy. If Loui is still clicking with Bo do you break that up? 

I still think Loui sits when one/both of Ferland/Sutter gets back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

This guy has a marginal, open net scoring game and people are happy for him? Hell has he ever had a good game for the Canucks?

Loui played a solid game against Edmonton last night.

....not a 6 million dollar game.  But he was solid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Loui played a solid game against Edmonton last night.

....not a 6 million dollar game.  But he was solid.

I'll point out that's 3 million dollars a goal so far this season. Far cry from solid, and open net goals too. He's the $hits let not candy coat it. I'm sure Mr Aquallini is thrilled.

• Wat 1

On 12/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, theo5789 said:

So far this season it's 3 mill a goal. Even the open net goal looked shaky. I have no respect for this guy. 

• Wat 2

On 12/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, aqua59 said:

So far this season it's 3 mill a goal. Even the open net goal looked shaky. I have no respect for this guy. 

OMG....aqua59 has no respect for Loui Ericksson??

Good god...I hope Loui does not find out. He will be devastated!

Most posters here, including myself, want Loui gone. He is highly paid and can no longer produce offence at the NHL level for the amount he is being paid.

Having said that, he played ok last game. The fact an anonymous poster such as yourself cannot admit that does not mean anything.

:frantic:

Edit: shocking....brockboester is confused once again.  I would be more shocked if that poster was not confused by a simple post lol.  

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

OMG....aqua59 has no respect for Loui Ericksson??

Good god...I hope Loui does not find out. He will be devastated!

Most posters here, including myself, want Loui gone. He is highly paid and can no longer produce offence at the NHL level for the amount he is being paid.

Having said that, he played ok last game. The fact an anonymous poster such as yourself cannot admit that does not mean anything.

:frantic:

No i do not have any respect for Erikkson. He's useless. 

He can't even get his shots on net. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2