StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

For all the crap he takes, it's nice to see him be rewarded for what was a decent game that he did have. Being sat out for a large part of the season, getting dropped into the lineup and playing shutdown against a couple of premier players in the league, which along with his line did and generated offense to boot. We all want Loui to earn his contract, but I can only speak for myself, I appreciate a good game and want to see the players (who are human after all) happy. I'm sure his teammates are happy as hell for him.

It seemed they were. The players see loui as a Canuck and treat him as one..

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So two quality efforts in a row with Loui and Bo together... who would have ever predicted they'd play well together.... :ph34r:

great shut down effort against PITS and and 3 shots on Edmonton last night. 

Not saying its going to last, but if it did, a resurgent Loui on Bo's wing would be as good as a trade if he could somehow produce 20 points out of that spot in the 2nd 1/2 of the season. High hopes I know but with our roster and cap situation there aren't many options.

I do wonder whats going to happen if/when Ferland and Sutter get healthy. If Loui is still clicking with Bo do you break that up? 

I still think Loui sits when one/both of Ferland/Sutter gets back.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

LE played good last night against the oilers. Doesn’t change his unmovable boat anchor of a contract. 

Right up there with worst contracts in the league. 

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

This guy has a marginal, open net scoring game and people are happy for him? Hell has he ever had a good game for the Canucks?

Loui played a solid game against Edmonton last night.

....not a 6 million dollar game.  But he was solid.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Loui played a solid game against Edmonton last night.

....not a 6 million dollar game.  But he was solid.

I'll point out that's 3 million dollars a goal so far this season. Far cry from solid, and open net goals too. He's the $hits let not candy coat it. I'm sure Mr Aquallini is thrilled.

• Confused 1

On 12/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, theo5789 said:

For all the crap he takes, it's nice to see him be rewarded for what was a decent game that he did have. Being sat out for a large part of the season, getting dropped into the lineup and playing shutdown against a couple of premier players in the league, which along with his line did and generated offense to boot. We all want Loui to earn his contract, but I can only speak for myself, I appreciate a good game and want to see the players (who are human after all) happy. I'm sure his teammates are happy as hell for him.

So far this season it's 3 mill a goal. Even the open net goal looked shaky. I have no respect for this guy. 

• Confused 2

On 12/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, aqua59 said:

So far this season it's 3 mill a goal. Even the open net goal looked shaky. I have no respect for this guy. 

OMG....aqua59 has no respect for Loui Ericksson??

Good god...I hope Loui does not find out. He will be devastated!

Most posters here, including myself, want Loui gone. He is highly paid and can no longer produce offence at the NHL level for the amount he is being paid.

Having said that, he played ok last game. The fact an anonymous poster such as yourself cannot admit that does not mean anything.

:frantic:

Edit: shocking....brockboester is confused once again.  I would be more shocked if that poster was not confused by a simple post lol.  

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

OMG....aqua59 has no respect for Loui Ericksson??

Good god...I hope Loui does not find out. He will be devastated!

Most posters here, including myself, want Loui gone. He is highly paid and can no longer produce offence at the NHL level for the amount he is being paid.

Having said that, he played ok last game. The fact an anonymous poster such as yourself cannot admit that does not mean anything.

:frantic:

No i do not have any respect for Erikkson. He's useless. 

He can't even get his shots on net. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

No i do not have any respect for Erikkson. He's useless. 

He can't even get his shots on net. 

the team seems genuinely pleased with him and he is liked and respected. Horvat our Captain is even having problems getting a shot on goal, is he useless? no he isn't , other players are not  getting shots on net but they are still valuable to this team. Eriksson is one of the best pk killers on the team.  we have him on the team so I think maybe you should get over  your respect issues as you don't even know him 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bree2 said:

the team seems genuinely pleased with him and he is liked and respected. Horvat our Captain is even having problems getting a shot on goal, is he useless? no he isn't , other players are not  getting shots on net but they are still valuable to this team. Eriksson is one of the best pk killers on the team.  we have him on the team so I think maybe you should get over  your respect issues as you don't even know him 

Put it this way, if it were not for injuries he'd be in the press box. 

You are right i don'y know nor like him as a player. 

The words from @JamesB should be in here: "the Horvat, Pearon, Eriksson line is playing great hockey since being put together, maybe Green's version of trying Burrows with the Sedins (which worked out okay). The Horvat line is playing heavy shutdown minutes and still outscoring and outchancing the guys they are up against."

How bias isn't that. :bigblush:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The words from @JamesB should be in here: "the Horvat, Pearon, Eriksson line is playing great hockey since being put together, maybe Green's version of trying Burrows with the Sedins (which worked out okay). The Horvat line is playing heavy shutdown minutes and still outscoring and outchancing the guys they are up against."

How bias isn't that. :bigblush:

That's a failed comparison, as Eriksson is no Burrows, and Horvat/Pearson as good as they are are not the Sedins.

Eriksson is more like the Morrison to the WCE. Except not nearly as good as Morrison either. If Horvat and Pearson are gonna carry someone on their line, it should be someone more productive, and someone more in our long-term plans.

I still honestly hope that Loui returns to the pressbox when our injured forwards return to the lineup, because he's just taking the top six spot of someone else that would do much better there - like Jake, Gaudette, Leivo, maybe even Ferky, etc etc

Just say no to Loui "The slouch" Eriksson! I'm sorry if this makes you feel that he's been bullied!

:bigblush:

Edited by BrockBoester

Eriksson's assist tonight actually looked crazy nice. Through the legs deflection? He must be getting some confidence to try that.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

That's a failed comparison, as Eriksson is no Burrows, and Horvat/Pearson as good as they are are not the Sedins.

Eriksson is more like the Morrison to the WCE. Except not nearly as good as Morrison either. If Horvat and Pearson are gonna carry someone on their line, it should be someone more productive, and someone more in our long-term plans.

I still honestly hope that Loui returns to the pressbox when our injured forwards return to the lineup, because he's just taking the top six spot of someone else that would do much better there - like Jake, Gaudette, Leivo, maybe even Ferky, etc etc

Just say no to Loui "The slouch" Eriksson! I'm sorry if this makes you feel that he's been bullied!

:bigblush:

Talk to James about the comparision but I presume you're to chicken for that. B)

Your like that guy that starts a fight and then runs away.

As I said before, you were much better when you tried to be smart/funny. 

Are you butthurt because I use the word try? 

Loui let Horvat have fun. So you should be glad for Horvat instead. 

Edited by Timråfan

Ericksson is not a top 6 player. At some point this spring I hope he is dealt and that players who will be with the CUP contender in 2-3 years start to get his spot. #1 choice right now is Jake. Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen would be a heavy line. Jake has that wicked shot that could give more fire power to the line. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, Bang Bang Boogie said:

I still think Loui sits when one/both of Ferland/Sutter gets back.

Sutter should get traded.

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Sutter should get traded.

we'd have to pay to move him now tho. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Ericksson is not a top 6 player. At some point this spring I hope he is dealt and that players who will be with the CUP contender in 2-3 years start to get his spot. #1 choice right now is Jake. Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen would be a heavy line. Jake has that wicked shot that could give more fire power to the line. 

Funny, Eriksson sure has looked like one with Bo and Pearson. He' playing some of his best hockey since he's been here. If he can help give Bo and Pearson more chances, particularly 5 on 5 while also being the best defensive winger on that line Jim doesn't have to go out and burn picks and prospects on a rental for this year. If Loui can maintain this level of current play its a big deal for us. 

I was hoping there would be an extended look with Bo and Loui for a couple of seasons now, I'm happy its working out because I thought at the start of this year Loui had nothing left, but thats clearly not the case.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we'd have to pay to move him now tho. 

Perhaps a small price to pay for the sake of the current chemistry.