The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

4 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well i hate to break it to the haters but Eriksson has been good with Bo and pearsson....id keep him there now. 

I disagree but I do recognize that he shot 100% today as he had only 1 shot after over 17 minutes TOI and scored on the empty netter.

I think that there are better players to be on the second line but absolutely keep this pairing together at the end of games when there is an empty net to shoot at.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I disagree but I do recognize that he shot 100% today as he had only 1 shot after over 17 minutes TOI and scored on the empty netter.

I think that there are better players to be on the second line but absolutely keep this pairing together at the end of games when there is an empty net to shoot at.

Until Sutter gets healthy. Yet again folks are all wound up over a open net goal. 

I don't care what happened last season or the ones before. Loui's contributing now, when we need someone too. Its strange to me that people still need to ride the guy instead of being relieved there's someone doing a good job on the top 6 and helping the team win. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If Loui counted as $3 mill against the cap, most people would be ok with his current play. However he is not a $3 mill against the cap guy.

Totally disagree.  I agree if his cap was less AND he was playing on the fourth line, then yes people would be more ok with his play [but just ok, not over the moon].

Who else on the team could have 4 goals and 2 assists in 26 games and there not be a revolt to get him off the 2nd line.  That is TERRIBLE production by any standard.  Personally I would give a guy like Mott a chance for 4 or 5 games, although not before Virtanen.  At least he has speed and gets in and forechecks hard.  Loui is what he is, and that's a fourth line player at most.  Don't delude yourself that it is just because his cap hit is so high.

5 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Totally disagree.  I agree if his cap was less AND he was playing on the fourth line, then yes people would be more ok with his play [but just ok, not over the moon].

Who else on the team could have 4 goals and 2 assists in 26 games and there not be a revolt to get him off the 2nd line.  That is TERRIBLE production by any standard.  Personally I would give a guy like Mott a chance for 4 or 5 games, although not before Virtanen.  At least he has speed and gets in and forechecks hard.  Loui is what he is, and that's a fourth line player at most.  Don't delude yourself that it is just because his cap hit is so high.

Moving Jake would probably ruin the third line, Motte hasn't looked all that good with Bo and Pearson so that leaves Loui. While Loui isn't scoring  much the line is playing sound defensive hockey and the getting points as well.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, gurn said:

Moving Jake would probably ruin the third line, Motte hasn't looked all that good with Bo and Pearson so that leaves Loui. While Loui isn't scoring  much the line is playing sound defensive hockey and the getting points as well.

Yup. Not moving other other players (like Jake or Motte) has as much to do with the lines they're on now as who might be playing on Horvat's other wing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Benning to upgrade on Eriksson on the 2nd line, but not at the expense of the 3rd or 4th lines. And even though he's providing little else than solid defensive play to that line, at least it's SOMETHING.

• Thanks 1

I want to feel good about LE but I am having trouble just forgetting the last 3 years.  I am giving it my best shot but I understand people still being sour on LE.  Hard not to trip on that big lump under the carpet where some have swept him. B)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stormriders said:

A narrow way of viewing his production.

You're right in that Eriksson has only 6 points in 26 games (now 27 games), but what you're missing is that he has 5 of those 6 points in just his last 8 games. The Eriksson of October and November isn't the same as the Eriksson of late December to now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

LE does seem to have better chemistry with Horvat than Horvat with Leivo.

Both Horvat and LE's main strength lies with their defensive acumen.  The better their defensive play, the better their offensive numbers are.  Perhaps LE still being a decent defensive forward allows Horvat to play more aggressively.  

Loui has 4 goals all year and 2 were without the other teams goalie in the net.  So let’s not get carried away with his production here.  Also, to suggest that BO’s recent success is in part because of Loui is quite laughable.  BO has been doing just fine without Loui for the last 5 years.  He doesn’t need Loui to carry him, it’s the exact opposite.

I’d love to see Virtanen on that line.  With his speed and energy it would give BO way more space and also help Jake to get more ice time and put up even more points.  Jake has earned his place on BO’s wing.  Loui hasn’t earned anything.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Loui has 4 goals all year and 2 were without the other teams goalie in the net.  So let’s not get carried away with his production here.  Also, to suggest that BO’s recent success is in part because of Loui is quite laughable.  BO has been doing just fine without Loui for the last 5 years.  He doesn’t need Loui to carry him, it’s the exact opposite.

I’d love to see Virtanen on that line.  With his speed and energy it would give BO way more space and also help Jake to get more ice time and put up even more points.  Jake has earned his place on BO’s wing.  Loui hasn’t earned anything.  

Bo has 7 points in his last 5 games. That's far above his last 5 years. He's playing the best he's ever played in his career right now and his one of his wingers happens to be Loui Eriksson. At the very least, it's clear Eriksson isn't dragging Bo or that line down.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Bo has 7 points in his last 5 games. That's far above his last 5 years. He's playing the best he's ever played in his career right now and his one of his wingers happens to be Loui Eriksson. At the very least, it's clear Eriksson isn't dragging Bo or that line down.

I've got to hand it to him, Eriksson has been looking good the last few games. Would love to see him become relevant again.

• Like 2