Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

On 7/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, King Heffy said:

Easy solution then.  Send him down to Utica and tell Cull to leave our $6 million sack of $#!& in the pressbox where he belongs.  If he wants to actually play hockey, he'd better agree to mutually terminate the contract because he sure as hell shouldn't be playing another shift for us.

I hope they don't let you near Louis equipment after you "fixed" his stick yesterday... 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, DeNiro said:

I would slot Eriksson in over Pearson or Roussel at this point.

Very disappointed in their first games.

Big Lou played big boy hockey in game 2 and probably stays with Furly out. Like what he brings to Bo’s game and he has something to prove. Would suggest he goes back to a wood stick though, Love to see him score winning goal in the big game and become the immortal one in Vancouver.

• Like 1

I think his Nickname needs to change from “Little Things” to “Nine Lives Loui”

Due to injuries he keeps getting chances to play when he really should have been relegated to the minors.

He is a decent 4th line/depth player but his contract and needing to get young guys into the lineup mean he really should be buried In the minors and never seen from again.

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think his Nickname needs to change from “Little Things” to “Nine Lives Loui”

Due to injuries he keeps getting chances to play when he really should have been relegated to the minors.

He is a decent 4th line/depth player but his contract and needing to get young guys into the lineup mean he really should be buried In the minors and never seen from again.

His contract has nothing to do with him being in the minors. There is minimal savings burying him even if replacing him with the cheapest option possible.

It comes down to his play. His offense is no longer there to justify the amount of cap he takes up, but he's still a serviceable defensive forward. He played 20+ minutes in the last game, so I think he has more to offer than simply being a 4th line/depth forward. Until we have a youthful player that can actually replace what he does on the PK, defensively 5v5, and being one of the strongest on board battles, then he still holds value on our roster. Almost every time we have taken him out of the roster and not back fill his role, the team seems to struggle. Not saying he's a key piece to our future, but I don't think he should be buried in the minors. No one is taking him off our hands without us paying a pretty penny, so might as well play him as he can still provide a role for the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Loui had a good game.  I don't like his pay cheque...but not like I pay it. 

If he can keep up the defensive game (he usually always does) he will help the team during these games for sure.

• Upvote 1