The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

Apparently Loui is a high character guy, teammates love him which bodes well. 

I just wish that he makes a huge difference in the PP, he works the front of the net well and has a wicked shot. We BADLY need our PP to step up this year, if we keep the nonsense strategy we used last year we are going to waste some fine talent we now have.

Another factor is that Erickson should be able to play in all situations, and actually excel at them. Makes the cost worth it compared to the other one-dimensional FA's out there. 

Just now, Aleksander Barkov said:

ahh damn i forgot about that..has Sutter always worn #21? Eriksson could try and buy it off him maybe lol

Sutter always wore #16 but we all know why he can't wear that here then last year he picked #21. It will be interested to see what number Eriksson wears for sure. And I am excited for the World Cup of Hockey, cuz team Sweden is likely gonna put Sedins+Eriksson on a line and we will get our first glance at how that line will jell and also give them extra games before the seasons to familiarize with one another again!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

We didn't sign Eriksson to put him on line 2.

He's going to be there eventually, whether it be temporarily for a cold streak or simply to balance our scoring depth. Benning talked about it in his interview today in regards to Eriksson's hockey IQ and how he can work with the methodical Sedins or the bull in a china shop Horvats because he can read plays and adapt to the situation.

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

Sutter always wore #16 but we all know why he can't wear that here then last year he picked #21. It will be interested to see what number Eriksson wears for sure. And I am excited for the World Cup of Hockey, cuz team Sweden is likely gonna put Sedins+Eriksson on a line and we will get our first glance at how that line will jell and also give them extra games before the seasons to familiarize with one another again!

Didn't the Sedins say they weren't playing the World Cup of Hockey?

2 hours ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Didn't the Sedins say they weren't playing the World Cup of Hockey?

That's the World Championship in May that they turned down. But they will play for the World Cup in September.

Loui the Great has arrived. The Oracle told me of this day many years ago.  The transformation is beginning. The butterfly is ready to emerge from its cocoon!

May the Eriksson be with you!!!

On 2016-07-01 at 11:44 AM, Alflives said:

He is a very solid player, who plays a good 200 foot game.  He's not selling any tickets though.  

I don't care about selling tickets, I just want to start winning games.  And do you know what, once we start winning again, we'll sell tickets.  Guaranteed.  GCG!

• Upvote 1

Just now, nux_win said:

I don't care about selling tickets, I just want to start winning games.  And do you know what, once we start winning again, we'll sell tickets.  Guaranteed.  GCG!

That's a good point.  Just WIN baby!

• Upvote 1