The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

37 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

and no one reacts when loui gets 4 points in a game? nice game by him imo. Thats what id like to see more of. great game against the sens. The entire line with bo and pearrson did real good. 

Looked like a zombie in most games when wins still mattered. Him padding his stats against an AHL roster means absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

If the hockey gods are just and fair, Green will let him finish the season on Bo's W and someone might actually trade for his high cap/low cash deal after July 1 :lol:

Actually didn't even think about this. I hope you're right. Would be nice to off load him. I don't mind the guy at all but it obviously hasn't worked out and it's time to let one of the young guys take his spot. 

35 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

well its a bad contract but hes still a very versatile player that can be used in any given situation. And seems to me hes doing great on the 1st line with pearson and horvat. 

...can be used in any situation that does not need scoring (except the one game last night)!!

On 3/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, Mrwipeout said:

well its a bad contract but hes still a very versatile player that can be used in any given situation. And seems to me hes doing great on the 1st line with pearson and horvat. 

Frankly, if he's that versatile I'd prefer to see him play in net.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheAce said:

wonder if we can offer loui to LA for Kovalchuk ?  He is a healthy scratch in LA, both have bad contracts but id prefer someone with the skills of Kovy.

Trade him to Ottawa so they can get to the cap floor. Take back a 6th round pick. No need to take on someone's dead wood.

• Upvote 1

The only way I see Eriksson moved is by taking back another bad contract, or by a team trying to reach the cap floor and as mentioned are willing to take on the high cap low cash scenario.  Either way we are likely to get hosed one way or another.

At this particular point, cap space is a non issue for us so I wouldnt be surprised to see him stick around into next season.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:00 PM, kloubek said:

The only way I see Eriksson moved is by taking back another bad contract, or by a team trying to reach the cap floor and as mentioned are willing to take on the high cap low cash scenario.  Either way we are likely to get hosed one way or another.

At this particular point, cap space is a non issue for us so I wouldnt be surprised to see him stick around into next season.

Problem being, there's no room at the inn. And that doesn't get better next year with more prospects pushing for spots (including potentially this year's first), a possible UFA etc.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Problem being, there's no room at the inn. And that doesn't get better next year with more prospects pushing for spots (including potentially this year's first), a possible UFA etc.

You think Eriksson would do us the favour of showing up out of shape, nullifying the contract, maybe working out a buyout ?

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:30 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Trade him to Ottawa so they can get to the cap floor. Take back a 6th round pick. No need to take on someone's dead wood.

A team wont give up anything to take on cap space. It usually involves the team having to offer a prospect or high draft pick to entice the other team to take on dead weight. I suggested Kovalchuk because he can still score which is something that Vancouver could use. It may not be ideal but at this point id rather have Kovy than Loui in the lineup.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Oh I totally agree we are overflowing with bottom line players and it would be great to move him.  If we can then great but I dont think there will be many takers.

6 hours ago, TheAce said:

A team wont give up anything to take on cap space. It usually involves the team having to offer a prospect or high draft pick to entice the other team to take on dead weight. I suggested Kovalchuk because he can still score which is something that Vancouver could use. It may not be ideal but at this point id rather have Kovy than Loui in the lineup.

A cap floor team will take on Loui's contract as his cap hit is 6 mil per but he only needs to get paid 3. No need to take on some more deadweight to get rid of him. Throw in a mediocre prospect or late pick and it can get done.

5 hours ago, kloubek said:

Oh I totally agree we are overflowing with bottom line players and it would be great to move him.  If we can then great but I dont think there will be many takers.

If not, there's always...

team_AHL_utica_commets.png

At which point he may just take his ball and go home.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Has a solution to the Loui problem finally presented itself? 

Over the last 10 games, Pearson-Bo-Loui have been a regular line, and suddenly Loui has 6 even strength points. Which just happens to be his highest production with any line this year according to Dobber stats. 

If Loui can't be moved, maybe its actually just fine. Something seems to be working with that line, and Loui did help set up both Peasons goals and had a couple of decent chances himself. 

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/loui-eriksson