The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they don't care about salary cap at the worlds 

True, but the Swedes will be a much better team than the Canucks so guess they have him in high regard.

Also - guy has a big family, is 33 and is delaying his vacation almost 2 months to play at the worlds. He does have a lot of history with the national team, though. 

2 minutes ago, J-P said:

True, but the Swedes will be a much better team than the Canucks so guess they have him in high regard.

Also - guy has a big family, is 33 and is delaying his vacation almost 2 months to play at the worlds. He does have a lot of history with the national team, though. 

he may want a chance to show what he can do away from the Canucks, he probably wants a change of scenery too. Or maybe just have some fun and stay in shape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he may want a chance to show what he can do away from the Canucks, he probably wants a change of scenery too. Or maybe just have some fun and stay in shape. 

imagine if he goes on a scoring tear, drive up his value :P

On 4/19/2019 at 3:20 PM, J-P said:

his vacation starts in October? :bigblush:

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Eriksson asked for a trade at the deadline.  Probably no takers at that time.  Look for him to be moved at the draft or in the summer.  He does not want to be here...

I hadnt heard this.  Source?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

He finished last in the league in hits/gp.  Literally last.  3 hits in 81 games.  NHL.com couldn't even register him an actual decimal point.  He finished with 0.0 hits/gp. 

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20182019&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=hitsPerGame

How do you call yourself a "hockey player" after that?  Playing in a defensive role nonetheless, you should be able to accidentally get more hits than he did.  I don't want that garbage around this team, he's not teaching young guys anything other than being over paid and soft.  Bye

Kind of embarrassing when a midget like Gaudreau has more hits than you this past season.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:36 AM, The 5th Line said:

He finished last in the league in hits/gp.  Literally last.  3 hits in 81 games.  NHL.com couldn't even register him an actual decimal point.  He finished with 0.0 hits/gp. 

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20182019&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=hitsPerGame

How do you call yourself a "hockey player" after that?  Playing in a defensive role nonetheless, you should be able to accidentally get more hits than he did.  I don't want that garbage around this team, he's not teaching young guys anything other than being over paid and soft.  Bye

He's maybe a real hockeyPlayer. :bigblush:

8 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2019/05/02/loui-eriksson-om-tuffa-tiden-i-vancouver-jag-och-tranaren-gar-inte-riktigt-hundra/

Eriksson about his role in the Canucks and how ge and Green doesn’t work 100% together. 

Haven’t tried to Google translate it but usually works out ok

Well, it's really hard to work for a management that don't want to win. 

Tank mode is not good at all combined with this managements(Green, Benning) will to let players hang out to dry instead of really defending players against fan-hatred. 

8 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2019/05/02/loui-eriksson-om-tuffa-tiden-i-vancouver-jag-och-tranaren-gar-inte-riktigt-hundra/

Eriksson about his role in the Canucks and how ge and Green doesn’t work 100% together. 

Haven’t tried to Google translate it but usually works out ok

Yeah Google translate was close enough to get the gist. 

Really hope he looks at waiving and moving on this summer after his bonus is paid. Not sure he will though given his comments on how long it took his family to settle...I guess we wait and see what happens...

I translated the article.  Not much there other than the usual - "I don't understand what went wrong and the coach doesn't really tell me"

I wonder why he seems confused (or wont admit it) about his role on this team - bottom 6 and must be defensively responsible. 

He can't keep up with the speed of the play and doesn't really engage - it's not that hard to figure out.  If you don't like it maybe it's time to move on.

I am hopeful they can find a home for him.  After his bonus in the summer - $4MM - he is only owed $9MM over the final 3 years with a $6MM cap hit.   

There must be a fit on a team that has cap room (to hit the floor) that could use a veteran player who can play defense and chip in.  They could trade him for futures or a late round pick.

Edited by Borvat