The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Well, it's really hard to work for a management that don't want to win. 

Tank mode is not good at all combined with this managements(Green, Benning) will to let players hang out to dry instead of really defending players against fan-hatred. 

Loui was signed in Vancouver because the management thought they could 'retool' and continue as a playoff team.  In the 3 years he has played for this team (including that 1st year), he has never scored more than 11 goals.

Picking up 10th overall would not be considered tanking for a rebuilding team, but I understand that it makes it harder for LE to contribute.  In fairness, he has been put on Bo's and Pete's lines numerous times and has shown little offensive improvement.

Green has often defended Loui, clearly stating that his defensive game and leadership are good for the team. 

Still, I would not want to see him traded for any of the other horrible contracts in the league; Kolvachuk aside.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Loui was signed in Vancouver because the management thought they could 'retool' and continue as a playoff team.  In the 3 years he has played for this team (including that 1st year), he has never scored more than 11 goals.

Picking up 10th overall would not be considered tanking for a rebuilding team, but I understand that it makes it harder for LE to contribute.  In fairness, he has been put on Bo's and Pete's lines numerous times and has shown little offensive improvement.

Green has often defended Loui, clearly stating that his defensive game and leadership are good for the team. 

Still, I would not want to see him traded for any of the other horrible contracts in the league; Kolvachuk aside.

Well, Green makes all the horrible changes in line setup. Markström has been a beast in goal and probably messed Greens/Bennings plan up a bit. Green probably wanted us to be around 4/5. 

The games I've watched the goalie has been left almost alone. Can you mention one other team with same type of defence? 

We've often let in very cheap goals and struggled to put the puck in ourselves.

Put Loui with Petey and Petey got a lot more space than Green wanted him to. Loui is called a smart player. Put him with other smart players and the result will come. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, Green makes all the horrible changes in line setup. Markström has been a beast in goal and probably messed Greens/Bennings plan up a bit. Green probably wanted us to be around 4/5. 

The games I've watched the goalie has been left almost alone. Can you mention one other team with same type of defence? 

Put Loui with Petey and Petey got a lot more space than Green wanted him to. Loui is called a smart player. Put him with other smart players and the result will come. 

Wtf did I just read lol

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It certainly did when put with Bo and Pearson. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I've been advocating for Loui to be with Bo for a long time. i have the bruises to prove it :P

I guess it's about who (between Lucic and Loui) would add more of what we need.  I say we need the physicality more

LE is a pretty low-profile guy. For him to tell a reporter that he doesn’t have the coach’s trust and hasn’t been put in a place to succeed seems like a big deal to me.

The family part - talking about it taking a long time to get things in order - might indicate otherwise, but apart from that it sounds to me like he wants to play lights out during WC and then move on. Well see. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I've been advocating for Loui to be with Bo for a long time. i have the bruises to prove it :P

He's always played better with a play driving, solid 2 way C, even on other teams. He's a complimentary player.

Now that's not to say that he's been given a raw deal here or that coaches are 'misusing' him etc, as even when put in those positions he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. He's clearly underwhelmed here. 

That said, if he's going to be here, it would seem to make sense to try to get the most out of him even if it's not that much more. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's always played better with a play driving, solid 2 way C, even on other teams. He's a complimentary player.

Now that's not to say that he's been given a raw deal here or that coaches are 'misusing' him etc, as even when put in those positions he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. He's clearly underwhelmed here. 

That said, if he's going to be here, it would seem to make sense to try to get the most out of him even if it's not that much more. 

If he can just be planted with Bo and Pearson I think we'll see 15-20 goals, up to 40 points, along with his solid play away from the puck. Is that 6 mil? no, but I think it would make people forget, or at least quit harping, on the guys contract. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If he can just be planted with Bo and Pearson I think we'll see 15-20 goals, up to 40 points, along with his solid play away from the puck. Is that 6 mil? no, but I think it would make people forget, or at least quit harping, on the guys contract. 

Don't disagree. That said, I'm having trouble seeing him next year. Whether that's a Lucic+++ trade or a trade to a cash strapped team looking to reach cap floor after his bonus is paid (or longer shot but not impossible mutual termination rather than riding buses in Utica), I think he's likely done here personally.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess it's about who (between Lucic and Loui) would add more of what we need.  I say we need the physicality more

with Petey's line for sure. I see Loui as a fit with Bo far more than with Petey. 

Just now, aGENT said:

Don't disagree. That said, I'm having trouble seeing him next year. Whether that's a Lucic+++ trade or a trade to a cash strapped team looking to reach cap floor after his bonus is paid (or longer shot but not impossible mutual termination rather than riding buses in Utica), I think he's likely done here personally.

that could be for sure.

I'm just yapping on best fit. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

with Petey's line for sure. I see Loui as a fit with Bo far more than with Petey. 

I wouldn't want Lucic anywhere near EP's line personally. Lumbering around, miles behind the play. If he can't play with freaking McDavid and contribute, why does anyone thinking he'd mesh with EP?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

This is why I'm reacting. I see a coach that have a big responsibility to use his assets in the best way. I don't see that from Green. 

to be fair to Green, once Pearson came on board he did run that line of Pearson-Bo-Loui for about 15 games i believe. Once it made sense to Green he did use it. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I wouldn't want Lucic anywhere near EP's line personally. Lumbering around, miles behind the play. If he can't play with freaking McDavid and contribute, why does anyone thinking he'd mesh with EP?

depends how they use Looch. If he can just stake to the net, he could be a great distraction that allows more space for EP and Brock. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He likely would score 40 points over a full season and so would most any other decent player put in the same position.  If the Canuck's want to take the next step they need someone who can put up more than 40 points in a top six role. 

The question shouldn't be how do they make Loui fit into the top six?  The question should be does Loui make this team good enough to take the next step by playing in a top six role? Plus there is potentially 3 more years of this same question.

It just makes sense to move on to me.  

• Cheers 1