The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I just heard Wisbrod’s comments about Loui on 650.  He said Loui’s recent comments at the world’s only made a situation the team and Loui had been discussing for a year public.  Wow!  Loui has been whining about his deployment under Green for a friggin’ year.  Wisbrod finished by saying he sees a solution.  He didn’t say what that is though.  Like you say, we will know more after Loui gets his bonus July 1.  Fingers crossed it’s like you suggest:  a mutual nullification of his contract.  

That’s why I just don’t see some sort of a swap trade of bad contracts i.e. Lucic.  If we can ‘dispose’ of Loui and his contract without taking on some other teams mess, it would be awesome. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Because the fans is separeted... And if you think it's too little separating them tell me what to write. 

Would depend on the crap we get in return.  He's grossly overpaid but at least can play adequately on the bottom six.  Lucic is bad except at fighting.  Waste of a roster spot.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Would depend on the crap we get in return.  He's grossly overpaid but at least can play adequately on the bottom six.  Lucic is bad except at fighting.  Waste of a roster spot.

Still rather have Lucic,.  Was sickend watching EP get clip/clocked last season..  we can’t risk what EP brings to not having a forward like Lucic on Line 2 or 3 at least.

ask Gretzky who was key to him being untouched all those years.. the answer will be Semenko/ Mcsorely.

its needed.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Still rather have Lucic,.  Was sickend watching EP get clip/clocked last season..  we can’t risk what EP brings to not having a forward like Lucic on Line 2 or 3 at least.

ask Gretzky who was key to him being untouched all those years.. the answer will be Semenko/ Mcsorely.

its needed.

I don’t see much of a deterrent if Lucic isn’t on the ice at the same time as EP.  Heck, Matt Cooke gave Savard that headshot while a Lucic was on the ice at the time (back when he could actually skate).  McSorely could actually play the game (that is when he wasn’t being a douche on the ice).  Problem is, Lucic on the 1st line would pretty much cancel out much of EPs effectiveness unless Boeser is on the wing (which kind of leaves Horvat with the scraps or when Bae isn’t injured).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lucic on the 1st line would cancel out anything EP would bring as Lurch can’t skate IMHO.  McSorely could actually play the game (that is when he wasn’t being a douche on the ice).

How does Lucic register hits of cant skate.. he is unorthodox, but to say he can’t skate?

..if Lucic was on the 1st line .. he would give EP time and space..

whereas Louie is lost in outer space.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How does Lucic register hits of cant skate.. he is unorthodox, but to say he can’t skate?

..if Lucic was on the 1st line .. he would give EP time and space..

whereas Louie is lost in outer space.

I have to admit, watching that was pretty fun.

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I have to admit, watching that was pretty fun.

well... every successful team needs an asshole.... maybe its better to have one that can hit vs. complain about ice time? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 3