The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Even if he doesn't spend all his time with the Sedins, he'll likely be a better fit for Horvat than Vrbata was, offensively and defensively.

He is way harder on the puck and body than Vrbata was.  Really happy to see him in a Canuck's uni

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He is way harder on the puck and body than Vrbata was.  Really happy to see him in a Canuck's uni

He is a very solid player, who plays a good 200 foot game.  He's not selling any tickets though.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

He is a very solid player, who plays a good 200 foot game.  He's not selling any tickets though.  

If we got Lucic for merely the sake of "selling tickets" that would be counter-productive would it not? Eriksson I think fits the team far better anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

If we got Lucic for merely the sake of "selling tickets" that would be counter-productive would it not? Eriksson I think fits the team far better anyway.

I don't disagree.  The best way to sell tickets is a winning club.  I accept that Eriksson increases that occurance.  However, he's not a ticket seller on his own.  

Welcome to the Vancouver Canucks Loui Eriksson!!!

6 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Im so happy we got Eriksson, he's arguably the most skilled forward in the market. The Ladd and Lucic deals are risky for hose teams. Loui will still be an effective player witu or without the Twins.

I wanted Okposo for the Sedin's I think he was the top FA and Eriksson 2nd after him so I am super super fkn happy for the team and for the twins especially. Coach Willie D worries me but I have faith he will make the right decision and play Eriksson with the twins. Benning clearly mentioned that he signed Eriksson to play with the twins so..

5 hours ago, PlanB said:

This is the winger the twins have deserved for a long time. 

Welcome to Vancouver and the West Coast Loui.  

I couldn't agree more he's the best RW they have ever had a chance to play with in the Nhl. Same goes for Eriksson he hasn't played with Sedin caliber player's in the Nhl. I can see Eriksson scoring 30+ with 70+ points and a good chunk of those points on the powerplay.

5 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Wonder what number he would be wearing? 

Probably #21

Edited by Aleksander Barkov

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don't disagree.  The best way to sell tickets is a winning club.  I accept that Eriksson increases that occurance.  However, he's not a ticket seller on his own.  

I would go to few more games for sure. I usually go watch 2-3 games per season but now I'm considering whether I should buy a 11 game pack now. 

Given what Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson did in WHC, the chance to see them live in the NHL ice is quite exciting.

54 minutes ago, Aleksander Barkov said:

Same goes for Eriksson he hasn't played with Sedin caliber player's in the Nhl. 

Well, he's played with Benn,  Jagr,  Krejci, Bergeron, Modano and Lindros.  So I'd say he's played with some pretty high caliber guys.

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Well, he's played with Benn,  Jagr,  Krejci, Bergeron, Modano and Lindros.  So I'd say he's played with some pretty high caliber guys.

Benn as of today sure, but he wasn't a superstar at the time Eriksson played with him so it probably shouldn't count.

Jagr. Modano,Lindros all legendary HOF players but i believe they were all way past their prime at the time they played together and also they did not play together for an entire season.

Kreijci is a 70 point cap player = no

Bergeron same as above = no

Sure you could argue that the Sedin's are past their prime and I will agree but I will still say they are point per game players = best line Eriksson will have played on.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Aleksander Barkov said:

Benn as of today sure, but he wasn't a superstar at the time Eriksson played with him so it probably shouldn't count.

Jagr. Modano,Lindros all legendary HOF players but i believe they were all way past their prime at the time they played together and also they did not play together for an entire season.

Kreijci is a 70 point cap player = no

Bergeron same as above = no

Sure you could argue that the Sedin's are past their prime and I will agree but I will still say they are point per game players = best line Eriksson will have played on.

Henrik will CERTAINLY be the best centre (for disturbing the puck)  Eriksson played with.  

• Upvote 1

i already like hansen with the twins. hopefully this guy can play with sutter or horvat so that we can balance the scoring.

i still question WD's coaching. vrbata was overachieving with the twins, why take him off?? i never liked vrbata's game in PHX. but when he was with the twins, that line was a offensive threat... owell, he's gone now and i dont have to worry about that problem anymore.

say hello to loui eriksson.....this guy is definitely able to play on his own and won't need guys to carry him. put him with anybody and he plays the same. good job benning to adding a talented hockey player. :)