The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 7/1/2016 at 10:29 AM, ruilin96 said:

Wonder what number he would be wearing? 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Eriksson will wear no. 11.  It's time to put the Wayne Maki pseudo-retirement and the stench of Messier to rest.  

• Upvote 1

I want to see 17 simply because I still have a Kesler jersey that I'd like to get changed and I never thought it was worth it to get it changed to Vrbata since he only signed a 2 year deal. I think there would be a ton of jerseys being switched if he wore 17.

On 01/07/2016 at 11:20 PM, bubbaCHUCK said:

i already like hansen with the twins. hopefully this guy can play with sutter or horvat so that we can balance the scoring.

i still question WD's coaching. vrbata was overachieving with the twins, why take him off?? i never liked vrbata's game in PHX. but when he was with the twins, that line was a offensive threat... owell, he's gone now and i dont have to worry about that problem anymore.

say hello to loui eriksson.....this guy is definitely able to play on his own and won't need guys to carry him. put him with anybody and he plays the same. good job benning to adding a talented hockey player. :)

Hansen with Horvat was amazing to watch. I think he should be Bo's mentor.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

When they start slipping off a bit change it up and put Hansen with the Sedins and Eriksson with Horvat. Our PP is going to be great next year I can't wait!!!

• Upvote 1

On 11/07/2016 at 4:37 PM, Hortankin said:

Hansen with Horvat was amazing to watch. I think he should be Bo's mentor.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

When they start slipping off a bit change it up and put Hansen with the Sedins and Eriksson with Horvat. Our PP is going to be great next year I can't wait!!!

I agree with this, but I would bring Sutter into this top 6 too. Sutter, Horvat, Hansen (or Horvat, Sutter, Hansen) would be a fast, hard-forechecking, hard-backchecking, line that could score. 

At that point, our top 6 would be potent enough that our bottom 6 could sort themselves out...maybe Gaunce moves back to centre to create a good checking line with Burrows, and Granlund stays at 4C to anchor the 'development line'.

23 minutes ago, nzan said:

I agree with this, but I would bring Sutter into this top 6 too. Sutter, Horvat, Hansen (or Horvat, Sutter, Hansen) would be a fast, hard-forechecking, hard-backchecking, line that could score. 

At that point, our top 6 would be potent enough that our bottom 6 could sort themselves out...maybe Gaunce moves back to centre to create a good checking line with Burrows, and Granlund stays at 4C to anchor the 'development line'.

Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter would be an alright line as well.

3 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter would be an alright line as well.

Yeah, it would.

But at that point you've weakened your C position unnecessarily cause Hansen would do just as well or better on that wing as Sutter (though I would argue he'd do better than Baertschi).

I'm mostly just dreaming about loading up our top 6.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nzan said:

Yeah, it would.

But at that point you've weakened your C position unnecessarily cause Hansen would do just as well or better on that wing as Sutter (though I would argue he'd do better than Baertschi).

I'm mostly just dreaming about loading up our top 6.

It depends. If Granlund can step up his FO game, he could be a serviceable replacement.

• Upvote 1

Thinking with Eriksson on their line, the Sedins might be giddy with excitement, and play like they're 3-4 years younger than they are. Can't wait to watch the SEL in action, gonna be a lot of pretty goals.

A few unofficial retired jerseys on the Canucks. They've had some bad luck:

11 - Maki

28 - Bourdon

37 - Rypien

38 - Demitra

But I'd be okay with Eriksson wearing #11. Hopefully his family would be too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 6:00 PM, Alflives said:

Henrik will CERTAINLY be the best centre (for disturbing the puck)  Eriksson played with.  

I think the key for whomever is playing with the Sedins is keep moving to an open spot.

Eriksson is one tough mother on the boards, something people miss. Aside from scoring with the twins he may well be the best cycle guy they've played with. I'm looking forward to a possible different cycle.

Can there be a refreshed cycle with a player like Eriksson coming on board? I'm thinking and hoping so.I still think gaining the zone first then cycling is the MO, but can things get changed up a bit with the talent of Eriksson?

I'd like to see Ericksson work with our young forwards on shooting drills...maybe what he sees is something basic that he could pass on to Virt/Baer/Granny heck even Horvat might like a little pointer or two.

I don't think we utlized this aspect with Vrbata maybe we can with Ericksson 

Eriksson was considered by some the most underrated player in the league in his Dallas days; and he just scored 30 goals, the second most he's had in a season (behind 36 in 2008-09). He could be a big boon for us. 

Don't know what TSN was thinking when they were like "what are the Canucks doing?" after we got Loui. 

Vancouver wanted part of the whole "Sign all the superstars!" frenzy. With a lot of the coveted players signed already, Eriksson was our best choice financially.

6yr/ 36mil seems like a lot, but he's done a lot of scoring this year with the Bruins. 

His chemistry with the Sedins in the Olympics is remarkable. We'll see how it goes at the NHL level.