The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign D Chad Billins [1 year x $600k]

Al-mo

Lol. He kind of looks like Biega.

Same height, about the same weight. Shoots L though.

Put up great offensive numbers in Abbotsford. 42 points in 65 games. Could compliment Subban well on the power play (although undersized on the backend in that case). 

Played on the same team as Forsling last year, but had better stats.Led his teams defense in points.

Also a former player in the Detroit system, played for Grand Rapids. 

Seems like good depth to me. 

10 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38808

This guy has really been around NCAA KHL SHL AHL. Anyone know how many contracts we're at now?

37 according to General Fanager, not including Chaput and Billins. Grenier, Zalewski, and Pedan all will get signed as well, so I think its technically 42 contracts at the moment.

Edit: also, Brisebois won't count against the limit since he'll be in junior, so its 41.

Utica's defensive depth is pretty crowded now too :D
But a good signing, hopefully the next Bobby Sanguinetti, only smaller, maybe more offense? Who cares if he is really small though. Still worth it. 

Now Utica needs a few more forwards. Hopefully a higher profile winger to play with Gaunce. Or a true #1 AHL C like TJ Hensick.

14 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

37 according to General Fanager, not including Chaput and Billins. Grenier, Zalewski, and Pedan all will get signed as well, so I think its technically 42 contracts at the moment.

Edit: also, Brisebois won't count against the limit since he'll be in junior, so its 41.

Thanks for that. Great post. 

Archived