The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We need a sniper

Pete M

Just now, Pete M said:

If I told you ...I would have to kill you...so I will leave it to WD to figure it out...there are 101 ways to skin a cat...let me say this, you start by looking at the players you have and work to their strengths...not supress them.

Actually 103, but I'll forgive your (most human) of errors. :lol:

3 hours ago, RonMexico said:

I was using Marner as an example of adapting to be successful. He has earned a spot on the team by earning the trsut of his coach.

Instead, what we have here is most fans just wanting to gift spots to rookies who aren't willing to listen to the coaching staff's message.

But thats not logical. Marner was given some rope defensively to develop his offensive skills. All I want is the same for Jake. How can one be a gift for Jake and not for Marner?

Dont resign burrows next year. Let Sbisa get drafted by Vegas. Get a top tier Centreman at the draft. Split up the Sedins (cause they slow AF). Trade Miller and Edler at the deadline for more picks/prospects. Send Larsen back to daycare. Get a new coach. in 3 years we'll be in the playoffs.

Sedin Horvat Eriksson

Baertschi Sedin Virtanen

Gaunce (Nolan Patrick)^_^ Boeser

Granlund Sutter Dorsett

Tryamkin Tanev

Hutton Gudbrandson

Juolevi  Stetcher

Markstrom

Demko

Then be patient.

We just need to commit to getting younger.

Keep Sedins and Dorsett for veteran leadership

and Eriksson cause we are stuck with him.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

yawn.

that's what I thought.

you, kos and s'all should get together and take NHL systems 101 together - and then come back and school us before you move on to replacing an NHL coach.

Nope...just want you to live a happy, stress free life...and hopefully, one day we will see the Canucks win a cup...however, the way JB is handing out contracts to over the hill players, and the way WD is developing the young players by not playing them, I doubt we will ever see that happen.

Oh yeah, I forgot, some think that they are not entitled to play regular minutes, rather the vets can play and accomplish nothing.

Just now, Pete M said:

But WD will play him 8 minutes and 5 seconds on the 4th line...you have got to notice the trend by now..

He'll look funny standing behind the bench with no front teeth.... those errant pucks, they can be a real beeotch

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

or send him down to utica if he plays well.

He doesn't turn 20 until the end of February. In any case he's at ND for at least this season.

We all have to hope that he doesn't look at this team now and decide to play somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

He doesn't turn 20 until the end of February. In any case he's at ND for at least this season.

We all have to hope that he doesn't look at this team now and decide to play somewhere else.

like Vesey did with Buffalo by signing with NYR...this is a real concern and cannot be taken lightly.

38 minutes ago, Pete M said:

like Vesey did with Buffalo by signing with NYR...this is a real concern and cannot be taken lightly.

He sounds committed to Vancouver.  In any case, he is Canuck property for 4 years after being drafted and it sounds like he wants to turn pro possibly next year.  He can only sign with Vancouver.

Just now, mll said:

He sounds committed to Vancouver.  In any case, he is Canuck property for 4 years after being drafted and it sounds like he wants to turn pro possibly next year.  He can only sign with Vancouver.

Good, BB will help...Vesey must have been drafted, then chose to stay in school to get his degree, then chose to sign with the team of his choice.

Here is our path to better Forwards:

1) Wait for the expansion draft, then PICK UP SOME BARGAIN MID-GRADE FORWARDS that teams can't protect from trades.

2) Wait for the waviers at the start of next season PICK UP SOME BARGAIN DISAPPOINTING FORWARD PROSPECTS that can't crack the roster of other (better) teams but would do just fine here.

Draft? Maybe we don't need it. Guys acquired in trades are a bit older and more NHL ready to boot.

Vesey stayed in school for the full four years. I wish people would get this straight. Boeser is in year two. He would be giving up two years of income.You could draft a player from major junior and if you can't sign them they go back into the draft.(After two years.)

There is no guaranties. 

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

Who are the "we all" you guys are referring to?

You guys are stuck in a goldfish perspective right now.

Did u know WE were taking Juolevi? Most were definitely shocked we did. just listen to the crowd when Juolevi's name was announced...

I & most of the fans & scouts thought Tkatchuk was the natural next pick.

I & others thought if we were going to take a Defensemen we would've traded down because so many fans & scouts were unsure of which defensemen was the best... Chychrum, Sergachev, Juolevi, Bean, etc.

I actually thought Chychrum was the best choice as most said including JB that he was NHL ready type of D...

8 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Did u know WE were taking Juolevi?

I 'knew' "we" were taking a D at 5.

I called Juolevi from the start.

I later Ithought Chychrun might make a run (I listened to what Benning had to say about seeking a future #1) - but he fell down the stretch.

If we'd remained in the 3 spot it probably would have been JP, but I had little doubt they were wanting a D, and I have absolutely no protests regarding considering Juolevi the BPA at 5.

I find it all fairly comical that people are attempting to judge the draft in the first week of November.  A kid has a two goal game and the chicken little gang jump in the collective fishbowl.

Archived