The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The last piece - "a winger that has some grit and size to him, that can score." - via trade

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Unfortunately it looks like Hartnell is a prime candidate as both teams are motivated. 

Who'll go the other way is the only question? 

He's on a negative value contract though, with a full NMC.  I really don't see JB having interest in that for a 34 year old player, who is clearly in his decline years.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

He fits the description well, and is only 23 years old.  I haven't watched him play recently - why would Colorado consider parting with him?

It's not confirmed whether they are or not. If they are, I'd imagine it would be a) He's the piece that can yield a return they really want (top quality d-man) or B ) They might be looking to rebuild their rebuild? It hasn't really worked so far. Could be any number of reasons we're not privy to I guess.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649458-nhl-rumors-latest-trade-talk-on-scott-hartnell-gabriel-landeskog

Moving West of Columbus, there were "rumblings" over the past year that Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog has been part of trade talks, via TSN's Frank Seravalli

In the four seasons where he played at least 70 games, Landeskog has recorded 20 goals every time while exhibiting a blend of speed and power fitted to lead the Avalanche:

But on a team that needs defensive help, Landeskog is the kind of player who could fetch a top-pairing defenseman who helps the Avalanche lower its 240 goals-allowed number from last season. 

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Unfortunately it looks like Hartnell is a prime candidate as both teams are motivated. 

Who'll go the other way is the only question? 

I'm going to get roasted here, but I would trade next year's first rounder, a second rounder and the pick they owe us for Hartnell and Pierre-Luc Dubois. :wub: 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's on a negative value contract though, with a full NMC.  I really don't see JB having interest in that for a 34 year old player, who is clearly in his decline years.

He'd of been our 2nd leading goal scorer last year and is essentially a lock to get 20g's/100pim/season whenever he plays a full season which is most often because he's incredibly durable. 

Not saying I want him necessarily, but he fits JBs description perfectly. 

Hartnell doesn't sound bad at all first glance. If his foot speed has eroded due to age Willie can give him linemates which can make up for that. Character guy who can be a net front presence in 5x5 and 2nd unit pp. 

All intriguing names...but real feel we need at least 1 top winger to be a RH shot for PP trigger man w/Sedins.

Landeskog Hartnell Foligno r all LH (although all can play RW)

Give Vrby 1 more yr to show himself to the league...value is at absolute all time low.

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He'd of been our 2nd leading goal scorer last year and is essentially a lock to get 20g's/100pim/season whenever he plays a full season which is most often because he's incredibly durable. 

Not saying I want him necessarily, but he fits JBs description perfectly. 

I like Hartnell too, but not with that NMC.  

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Landescog.  If JB is looking at a trade, then Tanev for Landescog.  Considering the Larson trade for Hall, does this seem fair?

Wow, great guess! Adding Swedish Landeskog and subtracting Canadian Tanev fits what seems to be Weisbrod's goal of making the Canucks' identity of being the next Team Sweden or Team Europe.  :P 

3 minutes ago, nickels said:

Give Vrby 1 more yr to show himself to the league...value is at absolute all time low.

No, not after that little baby pulled that pouting crap at the end of the season. 

He showed his true colours - do not want. 

I wonder if there's a way to acquire a solid piece, then replace our 'return' via UFA.  

e.g. Tanev+  for Landeskog, then sign Demers

Edler Gudbranson

Hutton Demers

begs the question why Av's don't just sign Demers, but I suppose Tanev is younger/better

2 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Wow, great guess! Adding Swedish Landeskog and subtracting Canadian Tanev fits what seems to be Weisbrod's goal of making the Canucks' identity of being the next Team Sweden or Team Europe.  :P 

It's like Canada is ALWAYS strong at hockey, but these other countries go through cycles.  The Finns are in their up cycle right now, and Sweden was in theirs a while back.  The Twins, Errikson, and Edler are evidence of that.  Landescog is a "real good" player, and is the mold of player JB described, isn't he? 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's like Canada is ALWAYS strong at hockey, but these other countries go through cycles.  The Finns are in their up cycle right now, and Sweden was in theirs a while back.  The Twins, Errikson, and Edler are evidence of that.  Landescog is a "real good" player, and is the mold of player JB described, isn't he? 

Absolutely - young, skilled, high IQ, high character, and Swede. Add in the great skating and it won't surprise me if he has kicked tires on him.

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I wonder if there's a way to acquire a solid piece, then replace our 'return' via UFA.  

e.g. Tanev+  for Landeskog, then sign Demers

Edler Gudbranson

Hutton Demers

begs the question why Av's don't just sign Demers, but I suppose Tanev is younger/better

Wouldn't do Tanev for that. 

Someone wants Tanev - then they need to overpay us imo. 

Sbisa on the other hand - JB is probably open to offers.

Archived