The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Should the Canucks pursue Evander Kane?

TheRussianRocket.

Poll  

569 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The guy does have serious attitude issues that he needs to sort out, but he is still pretty young and could become a very good player in his prime. As long as the Canucks don't overpay or give up any valuable assets, I'm fine with that.

This. If he gets it done on the ice, it doesn't matter what he does off it. We need goals period.

I know a guy who is basically part of the Giants family, and he told me that all through the years, the only kid who he ever had a problem with was Kane. A snotty, self-entitled kid. These problems with the Jets and Sabres aren't something new, just escalated in nature measured against professional expectations. The look in the eyes of the Winnipeg players when they spoke about Kane as he departed that organization spoke volumes. He isn't a good pro, and maybe being so isn't important to him. Foisting that attitude on the Canucks at this point isn't a good idea. 

42 minutes ago, Fanaholic said:

NEVER  <  NEVER  >   NEVER

Dumbest idea ever.   OMG,  you think he is going to change here.    I will never cheer for the Canucks if he ends up on this team.   

Strong words for a fanaholic

45 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Not sure if you read OP but I kind of went into that. 

...considering he'd be back in Vancouver wanting to remake his image, not further damage it infront of family/friends, and set an example for the place he calls home - with all the character/leadership in the locker room (Twins, Eriksson, Hansen, Burrows, Dorsett, Bo, Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson etc etc), I just don't see how he doesn't change his ways. 

Worst case scenario IF he doesn't clean up his act, after this year the Canucks can look to trading Kane with him being on the last year of his deal. Could retain if need be as well.

That's a lot of speculation. It's banking on the assumption that he thinks he has a problem and wants to resolve things. It's just as likely that he thinks he's fine or a victim in these scenarios.

The same leadership was in place for Kassian and Hodgson, and we see how that turned out. Character can't always be absorbed through osmosis. 

It's a no from me, dawg.

41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The guy does have serious attitude issues that he needs to sort out, but he is still pretty young and could become a very good player in his prime. As long as the Canucks don't overpay or give up any valuable assets, I'm fine with that.

This exactly.   If he puts his issues behind him, what a deal.   I would love to get him here.  

Personally, if he plays good, I don't care what he does outside of the rink. 

Archived