Patrick Kane

2016-2017 Opening Night Roster

Rate this topic

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 9:43 PM, SuitcaseSmith said:

My 23-man starting roster for the season...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin
Burrows - Sutter - Hansen

Ruutu - Gaunce - Dorsett

Granlund

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Stecher
Pedan - Tryamkin

Miller

Markstrom

I have Rodin, Gaunce and Stecher making the team. Although Labate has shown really well pre-season, it is toss-up decision as to whether Ruutu or Labate makes the team - I choose Ruutu as the only PTO to make cut: sign Ruutu for 1 yr contract. Trade Etem or put on waivers. Send Labate, Virtanen, Biega, Larsen to Utica but these guys provide good depth.

That looks to be the closest thing although I would swap Pedan with Labate simply based on merit and necessity! 

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Rodin

Dorsett - Gaunce - Hansen

Burrows

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stecher

Sbisa - Pedan

Miller

Markstrom

Why?

Top line of 170-200 pts

2nd line with a lot of energy, grit and scoring potential, and we need to start giving these guys more top 6 minutes

3rd line - Sutter needs a playmaker like Granlund, Rodin can score, Sutter is responsible defensively 

4th - Dorsett has played LW, Gaunce has earned the spot, Hansen is a terrific shut down guy

D:

Top 4 are obvious

Tryamkin needs development time and Stecher has something going with Edler on the PP

Sbisa doesn't bring what Tryamkin can

Probably the biggest issue people will have is putting Hansen on the 4th line, but if you watched Team Europe at all you would have seen him being very effective in that role as the 4th line RW and on the PK. Its not a demotion, with WD rolling 4 lines and on the PK he'll see nearly as much time as he did before, and Jake needs the development time as a top 6 player that he can be. 

I'm going with:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Dorsett-Gaunce-Burrows

Etem

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Larsen

Pedan

Despite the fact that Stetcher has played his way on the team, asset management says send him down. He's the first call-up.

Please trade Sbisa...for anything.

Send Jake down for conditioning. He probably should be in Utica anyway. Either he or Labate are the first call-ups.

Dont sign any PTO's. They just haven't shown enough...

On 2016-10-04 at 8:35 AM, S'all Good Man said:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - RODIN

Granlund - Sutter - HANSEN

BURROWS - Gaunce - DORSETT

ETEM/LaBATE/RUTTU/SKILLE/JV

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

SBISA - Stecher/LARSON

TRYAMKIN - Pedan

Sbisa will be on 3rd pairing as per DT (1040)

They will have a talk with TRYAMKIN about the "A" for 6-8 weeks (would be great for him IMO)

And the above is what DT said will be the starting forwards and lines if JV cant bump one of top 13 after he gets on ice for last two games

Edited by Freaky Freak

1 minute ago, Freaky Freak said:

And the above is what DT said will be the starting forwards and lines

That line-up is way better than 65 friggin' points!  That's a playoff line-up!!!  Our D looks really good, and will be able to help out the forwards a lot.  I see us getting over the 100 point plateau again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Freaky Freak said:

And the above is what DT said will be the starting forwards and lines

Two things are mystifying me a bit on the lineups:

1. Why is everyone so quick to put Jake in Utica? He showed up to camp in great shape, we need a big body in the top 6 and he's just going to get better.

2. Hansen above the 4th line. On many other teams, Hansen is a 4th line RW. A very good one who also plays the PK. He got time with the twins out of desperation last year, but he and Gaunce on the 4th line can be a really effective checking line thats also a scoring threat. Dorsett can play either wing given what he contributes. 

1040? I wouldn't take anything they say to the bank. 

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Two things are mystifying me a bit on the lineups:

1. Why is everyone so quick to put Jake in Utica? He showed up to camp in great shape, we need a big body in the top 6 and he's just going to get better.

2. Hansen above the 4th line. On many other teams, Hansen is a 4th line RW. A very good one who also plays the PK. He got time with the twins out of desperation last year, but he and Gaunce on the 4th line can be a really effective checking line thats also a scoring threat. Dorsett can play either wing given what he contributes. 

1040? I wouldn't take anything they say to the bank. 

It was Dave Tomlinson that said the 23 players and lines not 1040 hosts

18 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

It was Dave Tomlinson that said the 23 players and lines not 1040 hosts

Ah. Well I hope he's wrong about Virtanen. 

My new updated lines based on the preseason thus far. (will probably change near regular season)

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Gaunce-Dorsett

*Etem - *Etem has been terrible, maybe management will open up a spot for Ruutu, Skille or Labate who have played way better than he has.

Edler-Tanev

Gudbranson-Hutton

Sbisa-Stetcher (I have Stetcher because Linden said during intermissions that the best players will stay, Stetcher has been one of our best dman in the preseason)

7-8 D: Tryamkin, Pedan/Larsen *I think one of Pedan or Larsen will be exposed to  waivers.

Miller

Markstrom

Edited by CANUCK-EXPRESS

21 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

My new updated lines based on the preseason thus far. (will probably change near regular season)

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Gaunce-Dorsett

*Etem - *Etem has been terrible, maybe management will open up a spot for Ruutu, Skille or Labate who have played way better than he has.

Edler-Tanev

Gudbranson-Hutton

Sbisa-Stetcher (I have Stetcher because Linden said during intermissions that the best players will stay, Stetcher has been one of our best dman in the preseason)

7-8 D: Tryamkin, Pedan/Larsen *I think one of Pedan or Larsen will be exposed to  waivers.

Miller

Markstrom

Top 12 forwards are basically set with the 13th forward being the only ? mark

The best possible outcome for the Canucks D would be

HUTTON- GUDBRANSON
EDLER - STETCHER

SBISA - TANEV

PEDAN - LARSEN

With Tryamkin spending 6-8 weeks in UTICA learning the NA game

Then they will make room for him (pre agreed to) with either an injury a trade a demotion of one of the others by XMAS

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertchi Sutter Rodin

Granlund Horvat Hansen

Gaunce Ruutu Dorsett

Burrows Skille

Edler Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Stecher

Sbisa

Miller

Markstrom

Sedin Sedin Ericsson 

Granlund Sutter Hansen

Baertchi Horvat Virtanen 

Burrows Gaunce Dorsett

Skille

Edler Tanev 

Gudbransen Hutton

Sbisa Larsen. 

I think Rodin will start on the injury list maybe get some conditioning games in Utica before he comes back up. Canucks get to see how Virtanen's game is. Sign Skille to a 2 way contract and he can play in your bottom 6. When Rodin comes back up it will be a decision based on Virtanen's play weather he or Skille go to Utica. 

As as for the D core. Based on pre season to date the top 5 D would be Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Gudy and  Stetcher. The team likes Sbisa's physical game and they seem set on starting Larsen on the first unit PP.  I would keep Stetcher around for the first couple weeks for sure, keeping an eye on Larsen's game. That means Biega, or Tryamkin get sent down and or back to the KHL. 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertchi Horvat  Virtanen

Granlund  Sutter Hansen

Labate   Gaunce  Dorsett

Burrows can sit for now.    Rodin injured ?   Love to see a kid line get large minutes  / role this year.  How about some serious PP time for the kid line Willie ? 

Look for Wiilie to roll 4 lines and give pretty big minutes to all 4 lines.   I would think Willie may try to match up Sutter/ Hansen to other teams top line - shutdown role. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Granlund  Sutter Hansen

Labate   Gaunce  Dorsett

Burrows can sit for now.    Rodin injured ?   Love to see a kid line get large minutes  / role this year.  How about some serious PP time for the kid line Willie ? 

Look for Wiilie to roll 4 lines and give pretty big minutes to all 4 lines.   I would think Willie may try to match up Sutter/ Hansen to other teams top line - shutdown role. 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Granlund  Sutter Hansen

_____  Gaunce  Dorsett

One spot is open, isn't it?

Roedin on IR, Etem to Utica, Burrows - I really don't know, Labate on a one year contract seems okay, maybe Ruutu also.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the harry said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Granlund  Sutter Hansen

_____  Gaunce  Dorsett

One spot is open, isn't it?

Roedin on IR, Etem to Utica, Burrows - I really don't know, Labate on a one year contract seems okay, maybe Ruutu also.

Agreed. I see guys rotating through the  4 LW  spot.    Labate, Ruttu and Burrows getting chances to slot in.  

When Rodin is healthy it may mean Virt goes to Utica. I hope not. if Virt goes go do , he will be first one called up when the injury bug hits....

I like the roster  a bit more than last year overall.  Sedins a year older is the concern though.... will they drop off more than the young guys improve..... That is the question. 

Of course Erikson is big gain over Vrbata...     So overall ,   a bit stronger in the forwards if we can stay  healthy.....   Once again no depth as we have nothing in the AHL to bring up when needed....   That is a concern. 

This has been my favorite topic this year and I cannot remember the competition for spots being so high in years past. I think one thing is guaranteed, this will be a well balanced line-up and will deliver more than 65 points.

Hearing the new update on Rodin's knee and based on WD's comments about Virtanen yesterday, my revised line up :

Note: This keeps changing, which is a lot of fun but I have had Hansen on the 4th up to the 1st. Love ability to play up and down the line. The challenge is predicting what WD would do. Today I have him on the first.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Baertchi - Horvat - Virtanen

Dorsett - Gaunce - Burrows

Rodin (due to knee)

Edler - Stretcher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Tanev

Tryamkin - Larsen

PP1: Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson-Edler- Stretcher

PP2: Baertchi - Horvat - Sutter - Hutton - Granlund

PK1: Sutter - Hansen - Edler - Tanev

PK2: Horvat - Granlund (or Burrows) - Hutton - Gudbranson

I can't wait to see what my line up prediction is tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

On 03/07/2016 at 4:32 PM, Patrick Kane said:

jNtdGxZ.png

Thoughts? (Line combos, who will make the team, who will be gone, etc.)

Will update after any trades, signings, training camp surprised, etc...

Please pin @StealthNuck

Except Etem being waived and Skille being signed you nailed it pretty much.

Here is my opening night roster assuming there are no more injuries till opening night.

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Dorsett-Guance-Burrows

Skille (extra) Rodin (IR)

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbransson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin-Biega

Extra D's.

Miller 

Markstrom

• Upvote 1

IMO

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Granlund - Sutter - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Burrows/Dorsett - Gaunce - Skille 

IR: Rodin

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa/Tryamkin - Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

Undecided on Burrows and Dorsett. I'd like to see Tryamkin start but Willie will likely go with Sbisa. 

Bold prediction: Hutton - Gudbranson will be our top pair by the end of the year

Edited by Pears

I like it so much that there is now replacement available if a player just hangs around like Vrbata last year. It will be a good season, 100P and playoff.

Trust me ;-)

Edited by the harry