The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Targetting Pirri and Gagner

b3.

Other than have a really cool name Knight has been disappointing since he left the London Knights. 

Injuries? 

From HF:

Talent Analysis

Knight came out of junior as a hard charging winger who was fearless and attacked the goal better than any player in junior hockey. Slowed by injuries early in his pro career that diminished some of his speed and power, he has struggled to play that same type of game at the pro level. He has a hard, accurate shot with a quick release and scored a career-high seven goals in 2015-16, albeit in the ECHL with Quad City. He has some willingness to work along the walls and in hard areas but has not been as effective at the pro level as he was in junior hockey. He has a work ethic and willingness to play a variety of roles that makes him popular with coaches. His NHL potential appears limited.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jared_knight/#XTS56tm8PKMwbukc.99

Three of them are centers?

I like Pirri though. He's due for a breakout season. But where would any of those fit in the line-up? 

Bottom 6:

Burrows/Sutter/Rodin

Etem/Granlund/Dorsett

Gaunce

etc? 

I kind of want those guys than the reported names were targetting.

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Other than have a really cool name Knight has been disappointing since he left the London Knights. 

Injuries? 

From HF:

Talent Analysis

Knight came out of junior as a hard charging winger who was fearless and attacked the goal better than any player in junior hockey. Slowed by injuries early in his pro career that diminished some of his speed and power, he has struggled to play that same type of game at the pro level. He has a hard, accurate shot with a quick release and scored a career-high seven goals in 2015-16, albeit in the ECHL with Quad City. He has some willingness to work along the walls and in hard areas but has not been as effective at the pro level as he was in junior hockey. He has a work ethic and willingness to play a variety of roles that makes him popular with coaches. His NHL potential appears limited.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jared_knight/#XTS56tm8PKMwbukc.99

Wrong Knight my friend. The one you're thinking of is Jared Knight, while the one JB is rumored to be going after is Corban Knight. A B.C. born Canucks fan growing up. 

I'd love to land Brandon Pirri. The guy does have talent, and can be coached. He keeps getting lost in the mix. Him coming here at his age, and his skill set would be a perfect fit. He could grow with this team. And as someone else said, he does play all 3 positions. Besides, as a former Florida Panther, doesn't it just feel like destiny that he should come here?

5 minutes ago, suitup said:

Wrong Knight my friend. The one you're thinking of is Jared Knight, while the one JB is rumored to be going after is Corban Knight. A B.C. born Canucks fan growing up. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought we'd be going after a former Boston project. My bad. :)

If Gagner can play some 4th line wing, he would be a decent add.

Nice RH shot to help w/PP, and can really use someone who can play C, as we are basically down to 4 at this point.  Those 4 aren't playing 82 games each.

Would still like to see a top 2nd line RW winger added...but doesn't necessarily have to be now.

Hansen can play there and gives us a chance to evaluate Rodin (and Jakes off season growth). 

Just now, BananaMash said:

I wonder if they're expecting Virtanen to need time in the AHL. I personally think he probably does, but adding these guys (or even one of them) would give us a bit of a log jam, wouldn't it?

I think we'll see a trade or two this summer.

3 minutes ago, nickels said:

If Gagner can play some 4th line wing, he would be a decent add.

Nice RH shot to help w/PP, and can really use someone who can play C, as we are basically down to 4 at this point.  Those 4 aren't playing 82 games each.

Would still like to see a top 2nd line RW winger added...but doesn't necessarily have to be now.

Hansen can play there and gives us a chance to evaluate Rodin (and Jakes off season growth). 

I'd prefer a #2 LW more myself. 

Eriksson, Hansen, Etem, Rodin, Virtanen, Burrows, next year Boeser...RW looks like a log jam to me.

On LW we have Daniel, Baertschi, Guance. Getting a #2LW like say Kane enables Baertschi to play on the third line with Bo to form a very good third line. A top 2 LW also allows us to drop Daniel to the second line for a more balanced offense if needed.

We have very little LW prospects also.

Wasn't Pirri a trade target at the deadline?  Not sure where he would fit but wouldn't mind that addition.  Worst case scenario they demote him and we lose him on waivers.  Knight and Gagner are also interesting and same idea for worst case scenario with them.  I don't see the appeal of Jooris however, though I don't know his game well.

If we could get one or both of Gagner and Pirri, that would help our forward depth a lot.  You can never have enough centers, especially when the injury bug inevitably hits.  I'm not suggesting giving them automatic roster spots, but the more competition we can bring in for jobs, the better.  I think it helps a lot to have competition in camp then reinforcements if someone goes down.  I like it if nobody's spot is guaranteed and everybody has to play their best just to be on the team.  Gotta stay hungry.  GCG!

Archived