Alex Killorn
Vladislav Namestnikov

Toronto Maple Leafs
Frank Corrado
Peter Holland
Martin Marincin

Washington Capitals
Marcus Johansson

The deadline for Club-Elected Salary Arbitration notification is July 6, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Salary Arbitration hearings will be held in Toronto from July 20 to August 4, 2016.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/24-players-elect-salary-arbitration

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Good thing Schroeder is going to arbitration.  He ought to be due for a huge pay raise from a mediator after scoring 4 points.

What's the point?  Am I missing something?

Rarely does salary get dropped after arbitration... really nothing to lose for JS, well other than pissing off the team that's given him a chance to salvage a career that is. 

1 minute ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Do Blues even have any cap space to sign schwartz? He deserves like 6 million.

8.7M with 21 players - they should be okay.

Washington are the ones to watch.  They only have 8M and 3 players to add including Johansson and Orlov. 

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

Rarely does salary get dropped after arbitration... really nothing to lose for JS, well other than pissing off the team that's given him a chance to salvage a career that is. 

I'm not saying he's risking going down in pay.  (He only makes 600k.  CAN he even go down?)

I'm just saying he doesn't exactly have an impressive body of work that would warrant getting anything more than what he was paid.  So what's the point?  Maybe he wants to squeeze every last little bit out that he can, as he knows he is on his way out of the NHL.

Such a shame.  There were high hopes for the kid.

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

I'm not saying he's risking going down in pay.  (He only makes 600k.  CAN he even go down?)

I'm just saying he doesn't exactly have an impressive body of work that would warrant getting anything more than what he was paid.  So what's the point?  Maybe he wants to squeeze every last little bit out that he can, as he knows he is on his way out of the NHL.

Such a shame.  There were high hopes for the kid.

Oh I completely agree and you're probably bang on that he is trying to squeeze every last bit out that he can.

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Good thing Schroeder is going to arbitration.  He ought to be due for a huge pay raise from a mediator after scoring 4 points.

What's the point?  Am I missing something?

Russo (who covers the Wild) thinks it's because he wants a one-way or at least a more lucrative amount in the AHL if they settle for a two-way.  He was on a two-way 600K/125K according to CapFriendly.

His reference is probably Zac Dalpe - he just got re-signed by the Wild on a two-way at 600K/275K.  

The evidence that can be used in arbitration cases:

• The player's "overall performance" including statistics in all previous seasons.
  • Injuries, illnesses and the number of games played.
  • The player's length of service with the team and in the NHL.
  • The player's "overall contribution" to the team's success or failure.
  • The player's "special qualities of leadership or public appeal."

I would pay to watch Jordan Schroeder's side argue for any of this in arbitration.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Russo (who covers the Wild) thinks it's because he wants a one-way or at least a more lucrative amount in the AHL if they settle for a two-way.  He was on a two-way 600K/125K according to CapFriendly.

His reference is probably Zac Dalpe - he just got re-signed by the Wild on a two-way at 600K/275K.  

Makes total sense.  Looks like he's trying to increase his AHL salary.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Thanks for that.  Question answered.

Larry Brooks: 

The necessary remake of the blue line that was dreadful in its own end a year ago and will feature incumbents Ryan McDonagh, Marc Staal and Dan Girardi (if not Klein) might cost Kreider, who is a restricted free agent with salary-arbitration rights two years away from being able to flee.

5 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Wow, the Rags have 4 players. About 13-14 million in cap space right? And only 15 NHLers under contract.

Could Chris Kreider be a "big, scoring" winger that Benning is seeking? 6'3, 226 pounds, 21 goals the last two years. 

Good thinking. 

Probably be be quite a few bidders. 

AV developed Tanev... 

Tanev + ______ for Kreider & Klein? 

Edit: not sure if I even agree with this move as it does include a big step back in terms of D...but Kreider would be an awesome addition. 

Edit edit: Wonder if him and Dorsett are buds. 

Archived