The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you buy into what management is selling?

Canuckler87

3 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Yes I'm buying what they're selling.

Also:

I'm picking up what they're puttin down.

I'm snacking on what they're packing.

I'm catching what they're throwing. 

I'm smelling what they're cooking.

I'm reading what they're writing.

I'm cashing what they're checking.

I'm scratching what they're itching.

I'm hittin what they're pitchin

And I am most certainly rocking what they're rolling. 

That is all.

Well then I surely hope that you are feelin' what they're dealin', diggin' what they're riggin', puffin' what they're sluffin', and lovin' what they got in the oven.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I have a funny feeling this thread is going to be bumped when we have a four five game losing streak and two or three goals scored in those games.

this is the only message forum on earth where I've seen people so optimistic about this team. Did I really just read someone say our team is three years from the cup final?? Please.

will be bottom five in scoring this year unless we add another two free agents and all of our players have career years.

not being a Debbie downer but who is going to score?? Compare that to every other team and were massively behind the eight ball.

or best players are old and we have no offense from the back end. Miller is getting worse and markstrom isn't good enough. Demko isn't ready.

everyone will want the coach fired when the truth is benning is building a team ala 07 Canucks without a luongo.

is that you desi?

Count in another herp-a-derp:

McLennan: Confused by the Eriksson contract

TSN's Jamie McLennan says he's not sure what the plan is for the Canucks moving forward with the long-term deal given to Louis Eriksson. Are they rebuilding or going all in?

Over two years in and they still don't get it.

11 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Yes I'm buying what they're selling.

Also:

I'm picking up what they're puttin down.

I'm snacking on what they're packing.

I'm catching what they're throwing. 

I'm smelling what they're cooking.

I'm reading what they're writing.

I'm cashing what they're checking.

I'm scratching what they're itching.

I'm hittin what they're pitchin

And I am most certainly rocking what they're rolling. 

That is all.

But are you combining what they're swathing? for all you farmers out there....

11 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Not even close to what Burke did in TO...trading two high 1st round draft picks and a 2nd for Phil Kessel...are you kidding me..??..Benning has done nothing of the sort...(in fact,it's looking like JB drafted 4 NHL players in his first draft).

How is the team worse?...

Cool your jets, I said lighter version. Burke gave up draft picks AKA future assets for RFA's as did benning. It's not the same degree of severity but it's the same idea. 

I like how everyone uses Edmonton as a tank fail but forget the mountain of teams that failed at speeding up a rebuild with different degrees of stupidity. 

Lets build through the draft with no draft picks!!!

2 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Well then I surely hope that you are feelin' what they're dealin', diggin' what they're riggin', puffin' what they're sluffin', and lovin' what they got in the oven.

I could agree to all those... 

1 minute ago, Ride the red Pony said:

But are you combining what they're swathing? for all you farmers out there....

Come on man that's taking it a bit too far... I suppose I could be reapin' what they're sowin'... but in a combine idk. 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think they signed an old Paul Martin (34 at the time) to a 4 year 20ish million deal last summer.

And Joel Ward - also 34 at the time, to a 3 year 10+ million deal....

Far cry from 6x6, they also have the Stronger core. Those are just complementary pieces. 

I like to think of our defensive core two years ago and compare it to our core now - at the exact same time that the market has heated up for defencemen, our D has taken giant strides in the right direction.

Not only do our top 4 look good, we have significant depth to back it up.

The same could be said for our prospect pool.

It's pretty hard to ignore that a couple major spots of glaring weakness have quickly become points of strength. So much so that it's pretty hard to imagine that the offense isn't on the way to getting fixed as well.

Just now, LaBamba said:

Far cry from 6x6, they also have the Stronger core. Those are just complementary pieces. 

How far a cry is 30 million worth of 34 yr olds - and a core with a pair of 36 year olds already?

Sounds comparable imo - actually sounds like they trumped Benning by a fair margin.

Benning's biggest achievement is the oft touted and rarely fully understood "culture change".

He turfed the selfie posting, twitter bombing primadonnas, and brought in honest character guys.

This will be his legacy:  Undoing Mike Gillis' New Age Country Club.

I think the media who keeps scrutinizing Benning for not just stripping down the team are more looking for stories than anything. They talk like it would be easy to just sell the Sedins and Edler and rebuild. I find it hard to believe it would be that easy. Actually, I know it wouldn't be easy. You're talking about 2 7mil cap hits on players who are near the end of their careers. While they still have value, that value's likely going to be with a team looking to make a push for the playoffs. You have to consider the fact that most teams who are looking to make a Stanley Cup run are usually near their cap ceiling. This doesn't even consider the Sedins' NTC's. Therefore, even if we did want to trade the Sedins, they would be next to impossible to move anyway.

We may still have a couple of rough years, but I don't think we'll end up like Toronto or Edmonton. All one has to do to see how many transactions can be done between now and when the Sedins retire is to look at our last couple of years. We have almost an entirely different team from a couple of years ago. I actually like where the team is headed. This is not me blindly following. This is my conclusion after thinking things through.

I like the direction Benning is going, but I think he's getting some pointed direction from upstairs that is hindering the process a little. The Erikkson contract was disappointing in the big picture. Our base of young prospects is very encouraging to say the least.

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Not a far cry at all and Martin wasn't even just a complimentary piece.

What happened to you? You used to have funny posts which I respected. Now you're like one of the most dismal people on these boards...

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

How far a cry is 30 million worth of 34 yr olds - and a core with a pair of 36 year olds already?

Sounds comparable imo - actually sounds like they trumped Benning by a fair margin.

Who cares, they have Burns, Pavelski, buck tooth, Vlasic, Jones as a young core for years to come. We don't have anything compatible to that. Yes, I realize where those players were drafted but, you gotta have draft picks to be able to get that lucky. We keep cashing ours in to rush this rebuild. 

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Not a far cry at all and Martin wasn't even just a complimentary piece.

What happened to you? You used to have funny posts which I respected. Now you're like one of the most dismal people on these boards...

My #1 goal is to make people laugh, I don't agree with the rushing a rebuild, big deal. I don't even think it's up to benning, I think it's ownership. 

Archived