The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jake Virtanen and fellow Pokémon trainer and CAN participant Eric Bui spent the afternoon trying to catch 'em all. Watch as the two update their Pokédexes all around Vancouver.

Awesome to see Virt joining in the community work 

Getting a little frustrated with the game though; I get the feeling they made gyms so hard to hold in an attempt to get people to buy pokecoins.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:51 AM, King Heffy said:

Awesome to see Virt joining in the community work 

Getting a little frustrated with the game though; I get the feeling they made gyms so hard to hold in an attempt to get people to buy pokecoins.

yea, especially in my area now where any gym held by any valor club member are few and far between. these 2500+ cp players are enough to make me just quit this all together. i could list many other frustrations like egg hatching garbage all the time and nothing but pidgeys and weedles on my map all the time. this is building up my hype for sun and moon even more XD

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

yea, especially in my area now where any gym held by any valor club member are few and far between. these 2500+ cp players are enough to make me just quit this all together. i could list many other frustrations like egg hatching garbage all the time and nothing but pidgeys and weedles on my map all the time. this is building up my hype for sun and moon even more XD

I'll help protect and fight for gyms for you TS. I'm lvl 30.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:51 PM, Madness said:

Hatched a 10k egg into a Jinx today. Brutal.

Ouch =(. 

I sat down on a bench to grab a gym on my way back from the grocery store and the guy sitting next to me (who I assume was the original holder of the gym) shot me the dirtiest look ever as I got up to leave. :lol:

Niantic are going to have to come up with a better update than just appraisals if they want to stop hemorrhaging players. 

1 hour ago, ckamo said:

Ouch =(. 

I sat down on a bench to grab a gym on my way back from the grocery store and the guy sitting next to me (who I assume was the original holder of the gym) shot me the dirtiest look ever as I got up to leave. :lol:

Niantic are going to have to come up with a better update than just appraisals if they want to stop hemorrhaging players. 

I bet the game will continue to decrease in popularity until only a few (million?) hardcore players are left, until there's a few updates and everyone comes back for a few weeks, then leaves, repeat.

This is why, I think, Nintendo needs to make its new console compatible with Pokemon Go - it would sustain the app's life and make the new console more interactive and physically demanding and stuff. It seems like a no-brainer to me. 

I will continue playing daily, as I go for long, long walks daily. It just makes it more fun. But once school is back in, kids are more lazy, the weather gets worse, and the novelty continues to die out, I really don't know how they can gain players back. ESPECIALLY since so many people are bitter about being caught cheating and don't want to start over again

Edited by GLASSJAW

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

a 10km egg finally gave me something useful xD hatched a pretty chill scyther, 1100something cp. now i evolved my psyduck into golduck and named him DarkwingDuck. let's get dangerous

i hatched a 1200 scyther and its kinda useless. he does big damage to a few pokemon, but his HP is so low that he just gets wiped out kinda quickly

hopefully yours brings you more luck

On 8/20/2016 at 11:25 PM, Mr.Habitat said:

I was addicted to this game like crack for a month , now it just died.. My interest.. 

Yeah that is happening with a lot of people. 

The most fun I have with the game is hatching eggs. I got a level 300+ Charmander from a 2K egg recently, which is the best I've gotten out of any (although I did get a 200+Snorlax)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yeah that is happening with a lot of people. 

The most fun I have with the game is hatching eggs. I got a level 300+ Charmander from a 2K egg recently, which is the best I've gotten out of any (although I did get a 200+Snorlax)

yesterday i got a 570-something bulbasaur out of a 2k egg. the day before i got a 467 pikachu 

2km eggs can be pretty good

4 minutes ago, Duds said:

Now the big dilemma: walk a Pidgey for quick and easy evolves to gain xp, or grind it out with Magikarp to eventually evolve a Gyarados

where do you live? magikarp farming is pretty easy here on the island. i think the spawn rate is pretty good if you're near water