The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

18 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

There's some guy around my area (luckily he's Blue team) who is level 35 now.

He's top in basically all the gyms around, usually with something close to 3000CP.

I don't know how people find the time.  I've nerded out pretty hard on this game and I'm only level 24.

lol i rarely see any blue team or red team in this area anymore. i'm red team and the only gyms we can actually take over are along the quay, and these gyms have a solid 15 minute life spam during the peak hours. i'm also 24 but i kinda just coasted

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

On 2016-09-23 at 1:29 PM, Jägermeister said:

There's some guy around my area (luckily he's Blue team) who is level 35 now.

He's top in basically all the gyms around, usually with something close to 3000CP.

I don't know how people find the time.  I've nerded out pretty hard on this game and I'm only level 24.

Maybe these 30+ levelers started playing with the apk before the official launch. There's a couple of gyms near me who've just been sitting still for weeks since no one can move their pokemon.

Saw my first hitmonlee today and it disappeared in a cloud of smoke. <_<

i took out a level 10 gym just a little earlier at the quay. took about an hour to get it done but i have a pretty good team rounding out with some support players, for when i'm running low on revives XD then my stronger guys can rest while my support team breaks it down

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

2 hours ago, Mainly Mattias said:

Maybe these 30+ levelers started playing with the apk before the official launch. There's a couple of gyms near me who've just been sitting still for weeks since no one can move their pokemon.

Saw my first hitmonlee today and it disappeared in a cloud of smoke. <_<

I got was playing off the apk like 2 days after it was released lol.

6 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

so apparently the spawns/camps were all adjusted yesterday. the infamous charmander spawnfest in beacon hill (victoria) is now gone :(

could explain why i'm catching so many dratinis though

Yup. Kinda sucks it happened.. I was planning on heading down to Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver pretty soon cuz it was an Onix nest and now it's gone.. Also had a Kabuto nest near my house too and that too is gone.

On the bright side, the Charmander nest in Vancouver is now at Stanley Park and the spawn rate is 5 times greater than where it used to be at Jericho Beach.

4 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Haven't touched it in a week.

I think the magic is finally over.

Probably cuz there's nothing new that's coming to look forward to. I certainly am not looking forward to seeing Gen 2 Pokemon coming into the game. Much prefer them to integrate trainer vs trainer battling first or trading or even the legendary Pokemon (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Mewtwo, Mew, Ditto) BEFORE looking to bring in Gen 2 Pokemon as most of us associate with the original 151 anyways.

i still play, and still enjoy it. just got a 10k egg yesterday and it made my day. it's hard to imagine not playing, actually, as i walk so much. but still, the game is definitely dying. the hottest spots in victoria now have like 2 or 3 people at them, at most. used to be 10-25 at any given time.