The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

I managed to download it, but I'm having a horrible time getting it to work. Most of the time it just stays at the loading screen and never connects, I've only managed to actually log in twice. The first time it froze while I was catching my starter and the second time it booted up to a blank map with no Pokemon or items. Really hope the server overload gets resolved soon.

I've been playing it quite a lot, but my problem is that I drive. I never knew driving would be such a problem for me until I got Pokemon GO.

Man, it's crazy how massively popular this game is.

There's a bunch of PokeStops in my area, and there's this one where you have to walk down a trail to get to it. Somebody used a Lure on it to attract Pokemon there for awhile. So, I see on my map there's a lured Pokestop in there, and what happens? I walk in there and there's like 20 people all playing Pokemon at that PokeStop. Craziness. Most of them over 20. A couple of 40 year olds.

7 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Phone bills are gonna be way high.... Other than that its really fun.. Bike around the neighbourhood and catch some Pokemon. 

A lot of people have been praising it and I can say it myself as well, this game barely uses any data. I've been playing it quite a bit and my data has barely gone up.

18 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

Anyone hear anything about the potential ban for people who have gotten the apk file? 

I've heard the rumors, but not a lot of sources for them.

I think it would be kind of dumb for them to ban people. I mean, they're playing their game. It's a free app.

Maybe if it's like a suspension until the game official launches in Canada, that would make sense.

They would be losing a ton of users this way. So many people are playing it everywhere already. I mean, just everywhere I've been so far has had LOTS of people playing. Metrotown had a bunch the other day, like 10-20 people grouped together at a PokeStop there that one of my buddies walked by.

Like I said in a previous post, I saw around 20 people at a stop near my house.

I drive a lot, and every gym I've seen has multiple people owning them already.

It would be weird to be if people were perma banned.

I have to walk a kilometer to the next one.

In short term, the game is fun. However, I could imagine it could get pretty boring catching your 325th Pidgey to evolve it into your 57th Pidgeotto to finally get the Pidgeot you want to have.

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

A lot of people have been praising it and I can say it myself as well, this game barely uses any data. I've been playing it quite a bit and my data has barely gone up.

Which phone service are you with??

Edited by CANUCK-EXPRESS

38 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

American's sending snaps/tweets with their friends playing pokemon go like ::D

Im in Canada like :(

You can still get the game. If you're on IOs. Make a US iTunes account on pc then log in on your phone and it will take you to the US store and you can download the game

If your on Android just download the APK