The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

Hopefully when the native Canadian app comes out, the GPS connection is much better. Went for a walk today with the game and it'd be smooth for a couple minutes and then my avatar would stop walking for a few minutes, and then out of no where he'd start sprinting to catch up to where I was in real life and by pass a bunch of pokemon. 

10 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Hopefully when the native Canadian app comes out, the GPS connection is much better. Went for a walk today with the game and it'd be smooth for a couple minutes and then my avatar would stop walking for a few minutes, and then out of no where he'd start sprinting to catch up to where I was in real life and by pass a bunch of pokemon. 

I have the exact same problem. And sometimes my avatar will walk in a completely random direction, it took me 2 days just to join the poke-gym near where I workout because my avatar wouldnt go to where I actually was.

But this game is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if it is something with longevity but if you can look pass the gps errors and server issues it's a good game.

Edited by Gyllenhaal

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

10 hours ago, Gyllenhaal said:

I have the exact same problem. And sometimes my avatar will walk in a completely random direction, it took me 2 days just to join the poke-gym near where I workout because my avatar wouldnt go to where I actually was.

But this game is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if it is something with longevity but if you can look pass the gps errors and server issues it's a good game.

Where'd you guys download your file from? I got mine from that mobilesyrup link when you Google it for Android. It's been nearly perfect for me.

10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Where'd you guys download your file from? I got mine from that mobilesyrup link when you Google it for Android. It's been nearly perfect for me.

Same place.

I actually just fixed my gps problem. You have to change the gps setting on google maps to high accuracy then it works fine.

• Upvote 1

You can actually start with a Pikachu, and the Pikachu is unique in that it is better than the ones you usually find in the wild. 

You have to walk away from the starting three Pokemon 5 times and then Pikachu will appear on the opposite side of that circle.

37 minutes ago, Mr.Habitat said:

Don't want to get it until it's released in Canada. I heard there banning accounts 

There's no real proof of that though. A lot of people are assuming they're banned because they can't connect or their Pokeballs aren't working. Those are basically all server issues.

Today, I couldn't sign back into my account. I deleted the app and re-installed it. Works again.

One thing is for sure though. If they don't reset the servers when it officially launches, all the newcomers aren't going to have a good time capturing any gyms. Everyone will be way ahead of them.

Edited by DollarAndADream

17 minutes ago, c00kies said:

You can actually start with a Pikachu, and the Pikachu is unique in that it is better than the ones you usually find in the wild. 

You have to walk away from the starting three Pokemon 5 times and then Pikachu will appear on the opposite side of that circle.

That's what I did :)

Be careful guys. Some of the APK mirrors which have been shared contain Malware. Easy way to check is your permissions. Go to settings>applications.

If you have any permissions such as below, then your phone is effected. 

pokemon-fig2.png

pokemon-fig3.png

ANYWAYS!

Here are some awesome tips for Pokemon Go.

http://imgur.com/gallery/iQNiY

Edited by Armada
  • Upvote 1

Been playing a ton so far.

Luckily I live downtown, so there are pokestops everywhere.  I live on top of one, and two more are just a couple metres away, lol.

Spent hours walking around catching pokemon with my girlfriend.  Anyone notice that iPhone users seem to run into more pokemon?  The gf is on iPhone and I'm on Android, and everytime I see something, so does she.  Sitting at a pokestop with a lure module I never see anything, but she'll catch like 6-12 pokemon.  

I'm getting destroyed, lol, she's kicking my ass and I can't do anything about it lol.

That being said, there is absolutely NO WAY they will reset or ban accounts because people have already been spending money on this game.  There's way too much of a headache involved with all the paying customers for them to reset.

Basically, those who are starting late or haven't been playing like crazy, good luck getting into a poke gym.  You'll never have the chance at this point it seems.

On 11/07/2016 at 9:24 AM, Lateralus91 said:

I have to walk a kilometer to the next one.

In short term, the game is fun. However, I could imagine it could get pretty boring catching your 325th Pidgey to evolve it into your 57th Pidgeotto to finally get the Pidgeot you want to have.

Or just catch the 30 pidgeys to get both evolved forms. It doesnt take that long for a pidgey to evolve. 

So despite living right next door to a popular park and walking trail, there are never any Pokemon by my house.  Usually nothing or 1/2 Pokemon that are 3 steps away.

I go to my friends house a few blocks away and it's literally crawling with them.  I walk 500m into the park, crawling with them.

Ugh.

7 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Here in Germany it's officially available in Play Store now. Me thinks it won't be too long before you guys will get it as well.

With it just recently being released in Germany, are there are documented reports of Germans being banned for downloading the game early illegally?