The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

13 minutes ago, Hobble said:

With it just recently being released in Germany, are there are documented reports of Germans being banned for downloading the game early illegally?

I heard rumours from users. But so far I haven't read anything in the media let alone actually met someone who got banned. I think most of it is due to server problems where users interpreted a freezing of the game or not getting dialed in as a banning.

Edit: Pro tip to prevent the server problems: don't play while the US East Coast is playing. For me probably a bit easier.

Edited by Lateralus91

2 hours ago, Incursio said:

You should remember the Pokemon craze in the late 90s then :lol:

Nah, if this is strictly a Nintendo creation then the last console I played was a SNES before the superior modded ps1 came out.  So completely in the dark here.  If this was about Zelda or the cast from FF2 I'd be an expert.

How does your profile/progress work if download it early through one of the various workarounds? Will you have to restart your game or will you be able to transfer your progress once the game officially launches? This is this only thing holding me back from getting it early, don't want to get into and get far just to restart again.

1 hour ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

How does your profile/progress work if download it early through one of the various workarounds? Will you have to restart your game or will you be able to transfer your progress once the game officially launches? This is this only thing holding me back from getting it early, don't want to get into and get far just to restart again.

You sign in with your google account.

Got barely any pokestops around my place but if I go downtown there's many. Too bad I hate downtown. Already at level 10 though I think i'm moving slower than the addicts... ok.. i'm addicted too.

Edited by Ryanstorm

18 hours ago, Hobble said:

Just left work for a quick walk around.

Caught a Ghastly and Shellder. Before I knew it, 40min went by along with 30% of my battery!

Definitely need to invest in a rapid charging station.

There's a setting on the app for battery saver, so I would check that off...I don't notice any difference in gameplay either.

14 hours ago, Mr.Habitat said:

Love this game except when IT freezes after you catch a Pokemon. Then you have to quit the game and you don't get the pokemon

Not entirely true. I actually the freeze happen a bunch of times today, and I probably loaded up with the Pokemon in my inventory half of those times.

One of them was when I found an Aerodactyl which I'd never seen before, and it froze. I was pretty choked. But then when I reloaded the app I had him.

22 hours ago, c00kies said:

There's a setting on the app for battery saver, so I would check that off...I don't notice any difference in gameplay either.

After you click that, If you flip your phone upside down the screen will turn black but the GPS still runs.  Since you don't have your screen on you save phone battery and your still able to play.  it will still vibrate when you come close to a pokemon

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Not entirely true. I actually the freeze happen a bunch of times today, and I probably loaded up with the Pokemon in my inventory half of those times.

One of them was when I found an Aerodactyl which I'd never seen before, and it froze. I was pretty choked. But then when I reloaded the app I had him.

Same thing happened to me on a number of occasions, most notably to an Electabuzz, except I've never received the pokemon after restarting :angry: