The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC rally for desi!!!!

ILL BILL NECRO

Bring back Desi?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Ambien was banned for repeatedly defying a moderator's warnings to cease and desist. And then taking on said moderator in a public thread. He deserved to be banned for it and was. (And was not  banned by the moderator he was having the issue with, either.) Others have been banned from this board for exactly the same reason. It wasn't 'frustration', it was out and out calling out a moderator and refusing to heed the warnings to stop his 'against the board rules' behavior. I'm sure the warning level he already had put him over the limit, as well.

Fair enough, I'll admit to not knowing the details behind the banning.

4 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Ambien was banned for repeatedly defying a moderator's warnings to cease and desist. And then taking on said moderator in a public thread. He deserved to be banned for it and was. (And was not  banned by the moderator he was having the issue with, either.) Others have been banned from this board for exactly the same reason. It wasn't 'frustration', it was out and out calling out a moderator and refusing to heed the warnings to stop his 'against the board rules' behavior. I'm sure the warning level he already had put him over the limit, as well.

I can definitely see where posters could have gotten frustrated enough to publicly call out a mod. 

In another thread I made a joke. Another poster got offended and call me an "assclown." I respoded by telling them to "choke on a Trudeau." 

I got a point for Abusive Behavoiur. The other poster got no points. So I messaged the mod in question. Absolutely no response. I accepted that my comment could have earned a point, but didn't calling someone an assclown also result in a point? All I was looking for was reasons for the judgements. No response. Super frustrating.

edit: this is a hockey forum so I guess they let the first one go and call the retaliation

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

For God's sake, is Desi still banned? For what? Other people get away with threats of violence here; I'd like to know what Desi did to deserve this fate.

It seems what constitutes a ban on this forum is pretty sporadic. I have seen Racial Slurs, Threats of Violence and Personal Attacks that have gone unpunished. Yet all of those are covered under the rules (but like many people I've never read over them in great detail.)

10 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Desi is one of the posters here who is the Voice of Reason.

Don't you need to understand both prospectives to be the "Voice of Reason" Desi's posts were often predictable and barely touched on the topic at hand. Basically it was him saying how much he dislikes Benning even if it was something as small as not playing Pedan at defense.

I was a long time lurker, but finally decided to join after the Ericksson Signing and a potential trade (which hasn't come but i'm sure Benning will do something before the beginning of the season)

On 7/19/2016 at 8:37 PM, Stanky Legs said:

Desi is one of the posters here who is the Voice of Reason.

He's not scared of speaking his mind although he probably knows he's going to be lynched.

CDC needs Desi. Bring him back from an unfair banning.

Apparently you're a troll, dumb and all kinds of degrading words if you're view is against what these people see despite it all being assumptions. So in that case, because I liked Desi and everybody seems to hate him, I am a troll, haha.

11 hours ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Apparently you're a troll, dumb and all kinds of degrading words if you're view is against what these people see despite it all being assumptions. So in that case, because I liked Desi and everybody seems to hate him, I am a troll, haha.

Admitting it is the first step towards recovery. 

Archived