The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jones pulled from UFC 200

Rush17

http://www.tsn.ca/jones-denies-knowledge-of-using-illegal-substance-1.522702

After being pulled from UFC 200 for a potential doping violation on Wednesday night, UFC interim light heavyweight champion Jon Jones denied taking any illegal substances at a news conference Thursday.

“Supposedly they found something in one of my samples that I don’t know what it is,” Jones said. “ don’t even know how to pronounce it.”

Out-of-competition tests are performed by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which handles the administration of all UFC drug tests as well as management of the results and adjudication. The USADA database shows that Jones has been tested six times in 2016.

Jones apologized to the fans, the UFC, and his opponent up until yesterday Daniel Cormier.

“I want to apologize to all the fans who came out to support me for UFC 200, the UFC, the Fertittas,” he said. “I want to apologize to Daniel Cormier. I know this fight means a lot to him. It means a lot to me.”

The three-round heavyweight bout between Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt will now be the main event, but the damage done to the once infallible light heavyweight champ may be irreparable.

Jones tested positive for cocaine use in another out-of-competition test in December 2014 during the lead up to his first bout with Cormier at UFC 182 in January 2015. The results were released after Jones won by unanimous decision and he was later fined $25,000 for violation the UFC’s fighter code of conduct.

Several months later Jones was involved in a hit-and-run accident that saw him suspended indefinitely by the UFC and forced to vacate his light heavyweight title. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and was instructed to make 72 appearances talking to children about his actions and doing charity work.

He was reinstated by the UFC in October 2015 and returned to the octagon with a unanimous decision victory over Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197 this past April - a bout originally meant for Daniel Cormier, who was forced to withdraw due to a foot injury.

Suppper disappointed.  This was going to be the first ufc I ordered in 2 years.  With Jones off the card I'm not even sure if its worth spending the $60 on.  Apparently Lesnar vs Hunt will now be the main event.

Been news for a bit, guy is a disaster, he wins the title and his life starts to crumble.

Sad to see more and more guys cheat to gain an advantage, or in some cases get into coccaine and other banned substances

58 minutes ago, mpt said:

Been news for a bit, guy is a disaster, he wins the title and his life starts to crumble.

Sad to see more and more guys cheat to gain an advantage, or in some cases get into coccaine and other banned substances

Cocaine is literally out of your system in 3 days. For him to test positive for cocaine is absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Cocaine is literally out of your system in 3 days. For him to test positive for cocaine is absolutely pathetic.

Google my friend hooked me up with this: Cocaine is extensively metabolized to a variety of compounds which are centrally inactive. Most of it metabolizes within 4 hours. But cocaine is still detectable on most drug tests up to a week later and can be “visible” for up to three months in other specific kinds of testing.

Just now, fwybwed said:

Google my friend hooked me up with this: Cocaine is extensively metabolized to a variety of compounds which are centrally inactive. Most of it metabolizes within 4 hours. But cocaine is still detectable on most drug tests up to a week later and can be “visible” for up to three months in other specific kinds of testing.

You would have to do copious amounts of cocaine for it to stay in your system that long. 

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

You would have to do copious amounts of cocaine for it to stay in your system that long. 

Cocaine and its breakdown products may be detected after last use of the drug in 1 of 5 different ways – each of which has varying detection duration times:

Urine = 2-3 days (or 2 weeks, for chronic cocaine users).3

Blood = 12-48 hours.4

Saliva = 12-48 hours.5

Sweat = several weeks.6

Hair = a few months to years.7

What does it matter on amount used???

2 hours ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Are you guys kidding me!? Have you actually looked at the fight card? Literally every fight is good, from the fight card/prelims to the main card.

This card literally from fight pass to main event is on another level, you could easily put the prelims on the main card for any other ppv. 

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Suppper disappointed.  This was going to be the first ufc I ordered in 2 years.  With Jones off the card I'm not even sure if its worth spending the $60 on.  Apparently Lesnar vs Hunt will now be the main event.

This card is still stacked... Problem is half the fights are free. 

Archived