The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jones pulled from UFC 200

Rush17

1 hour ago, Bizarre said:

This card is still stacked... Problem is half the fights are free. 

Yeah its a good card but to be honest last fight I watched was Jones vs cormier 1.  Jones was the major draw for me. Feels like I've been robbed of my excitement.

If they can get gust in to fight cormier that might make it up.  

Just now, RRypien37 said:

So for those who are bringing up Cocaine, the results of the test hasn't even been revealed. 

Stop speculating. 

Sounds like it's not cocaine this time. It's something he cannot pronounce:

“Supposedly they found something in one of my samples that I don’t know what it is,” Jones said. “don’t even know how to pronounce it.”

My guess is a PED. 

21 minutes ago, taxi said:

Sounds like it's not cocaine this time. It's something he cannot pronounce:

My guess is a PED. 

Yeah, there you go.

Its weird, through his interviews he seems like a decently intelligent person. Based on his actions it appears he is about as smart as a bag of rocks. 

18 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah, there you go.

Its weird, through his interviews he seems like a decently intelligent person. Based on his actions it appears he is about as smart as a bag of rocks. 

They're all on PEDs. The other alternative is some of them are so talented that they're able to beat the guys who are working just as hard and using.

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Cocaine is literally out of your system in 3 days. For him to test positive for cocaine is absolutely pathetic.

wasn't coke. It was some obscure PED that was probably in a supplement.

This is just another example of the govt screwing up a private industry. Govts have athletic commissions ? What is this ? The Soviet Union ?

39 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah, there you go.

The govt keeps upping the anti with their drug tests. What was legal yesterday is now illegal today.  This wasn't JJ's fault.

7 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

The govt keeps upping the anti with their drug tests. What was legal yesterday is now illegal today.  This wasn't JJ's fault.

You have no idea whether or not this is true, just like I have no idea whether or not the opposite is true. 

Also, this isn't a government problem as much as you seem to want it to be. USADA is a non-government organization... :picard:

1 hour ago, taxi said:

They're all on PEDs. The other alternative is some of them are so talented that they're able to beat the guys who are working just as hard and using.

My point being him not researching or having his team know exactly what he could and couldn't use without being detected. They are professionals, everyone should be on top of the game in regards to the "supplements". 

1 hour ago, LolClarkson said:

No one else on the card seemed to have this issue?

It is 100% the fault on JJ and his team for not keeping up to date and properly ready. 

2 hours ago, LolClarkson said:

wasn't coke. It was some obscure PED that was probably in a supplement.

This is just another example of the govt screwing up a private industry. Govts have athletic commissions ? What is this ? The Soviet Union ?

You think the soviet union is anti doping??

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

You have no idea whether or not this is true, just like I have no idea whether or not the opposite is true. 

Also, this isn't a government problem as much as you seem to want it to be. USADA is a non-government organization... :picard:

The Nevada Athletic Commission (popularly known as the Nevada State Athletic Commission or NSAC)[1] regulates all contests and exhibitions of unarmed combat within the state of Nevada, including licensure and supervision of promoters, boxers, kickboxers, mixed martial arts fighters, seconds, ring officials, managers, and matchmakers. The commission is the final authority on licensing matters, having the ability to approve, deny, revoke, or suspend all licenses for unarmed combat.

"I can also confirm that USADA has been in communication with the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding Mr. Jones' potential violation and that we are working to ensure that the Commission has the necessary information to fully adjudicate this matter

56 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

No. I think the Soviet Union had bureaucracies in control over every aspect of society.

And you think doping in sports falls under the category of overly controlling? You would rather have athletes be forced to dope in order to compete (which is what would happen)? 

8 hours ago, fwybwed said:

Cocaine and its breakdown products may be detected after last use of the drug in 1 of 5 different ways – each of which has varying detection duration times:

Urine = 2-3 days (or 2 weeks, for chronic cocaine users).3

Blood = 12-48 hours.4

Saliva = 12-48 hours.5

Sweat = several weeks.6

Hair = a few months to years.7

What does it matter on amount used???

Jones is bald.

3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

My point being him not researching or having his team know exactly what he could and couldn't use without being detected. They are professionals, everyone should be on top of the game in regards to the "supplements". 

You want to time or just right to get the biggest edge. Professional athletes are messing up all over the place. They also don't know when the testing will advance. Look at the Olympic athletes. It's not just Russians getting busted. Most pro sports have really sloppy testing, which is why the get away with it. MMA is cracking down

3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

No one else on the card seemed to have this issue?

It is 100% the fault on JJ and his team for not keeping up to date and properly ready. 

MMA fighters get caught all the time.

I'm not even sure why people are upset over this. The fight itself would probably be incredibly underwhelming. Jones is at a different level to Cormier. I'm a big Cormier fan, and I'd love to see him win, but he just doesn't stand a chance.

Archived