The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player Does A Backflip Then Scores A Goal

1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Can't believe we didn't sign this guy.

GMJB out GM'ed again. 

/s

:lol: 

Amateur hockey player wearing figure skates to do that flip.  I can't even imagine doing that with hockey skates on.

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

:lol: 

Amateur hockey player wearing figure skates to do that flip.  I can't even imagine doing that with hockey skates on.

oh good catch. Here I was flipping my crap trying to figure out how he landed so smoothly on hockey skates. 

If he was on hockey skates, he should have toppled over backwards after landing and hit the back of his head on the ice. 

• 4 weeks later...

The youtube comments have more information. Obviously this move is not legal in a real game. That's one heck of a move though!

Published on Aug 2, 2016

Professional hockey players love to show off their creativity when it comes to a shootout. It can lead to some spectacular goals, but after seeing the javelin-toss goal that Vladimir Tkachyov pulled off on Friday, hockey players are now working for second place.

Nothing will top this, ever. I’m not sure how that’s even possible.

Tkachyov plays for the KHL’s Ak Bars Kazan in Russia. The team was hosting a family event that included a skills competition. So, while there is no way Tkachyov’s goal is legal in a real shootout, it was still mind-blowingly outrageous.

He somehow managed to balance the puck on his stick and threw it like a javelin for the goal. That was all sorts of creative and needs to be allowed.

I’ve never seen anything like that. Tkachyov deserves all the credit for his innovative skills.

Archived